The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
Emps-World Client
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:41:38 am »
Whenever I play Emps-World, it doesn't let me multitask, if the client is open and my account is logged in everything works smoothly but everything else I want to do like go on Youtube or the forums just doesn't work, it gives me lagspikes. And as once as I logout or exit the client everything works good.

I don't find it weird either because the Emps-World Client takes 700 kB and my normal Runescape client takes only 100 kB.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • AdiĆ³s mis amigos
    • View Profile
Re: Emps-World Client
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:43:46 am »
Buy new RAM :kappa

It's mostly FPS drops though because the RAM space use is very high.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »
My client takes up 545MB+ of my CPU and I can barely multi-task on my laptop.

I guess you need a bigger RAM, just like I do... :/

Offline Middboyy

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't Be Hating On My Activity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 04:24:54 pm »
oh this makes a lot of sence i thought it was just my laptop... lags me quite a lot and gets hot but then again i have 4gb ram...:/ so maybe it doesent make sence..

Checkout My Youtube @ www.youtube.com/3muskamiahs (500K Views)

Singer/Songwriter Download My latest single Day after day on Itunes & Google play (Search Midd Boy)

Follow me on instagram @itzyourboymidd (27k Followers)

Add Me Ingame: Middboyy
Always online so if you have any questions or need help smile.png Ask away.

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 04:36:21 pm »
the client does use an abnormal amount of ram my computer is the same
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:08:23 pm »
The high RAM usage is due to special caching mechanisms, which make the overall client rendering and loading faster. The client may use up to 1GB of RAM. Also, Java 8 is using more RAM compared to Java 7 (Idk what they've changed, must also be some caching techniques). Please bear in mind that a high RAM usage doesn't mean that something's running slow!!

All in all, I can't do too much to fix this kind of problem for you. I can try removing some caching techniques, but the client's performance will suffer from that. Which would result in a 'low memory' mode... but don't expect that any time soon!

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:37:26 pm »
The high RAM usage is due to special caching mechanisms, which make the overall client rendering and loading faster. The client may use up to 1GB of RAM. Also, Java 8 is using more RAM compared to Java 7 (Idk what they've changed, must also be some caching techniques). Please bear in mind that a high RAM usage doesn't mean that something's running slow!!

All in all, I can't do too much to fix this kind of problem for you. I can try removing some caching techniques, but the client's performance will suffer from that. Which would result in a 'low memory' mode... but don't expect that any time soon!

well thanks thomy i can put up with that no bother if thats the way it is then just have to dealwith it or upgrade my computer when i get a chance
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 12:20:58 am »

1GB of RAM is a lot, especially if you think about it.

Thanks for the information anyway, Thomy.
The following users liked this post: M3an123

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 03:11:03 pm »

Java 8 has quite some share on this memory usage too! ;) On the other hand... what's 1GB nowadays? Where most setups have 4-8GB.

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »
Are you guys really crying over 1GB of RAM usage? What kind of toasters are you using? I can understand that Shoaib whines, as he lives in a cave, and probs havent heard that we have newer computers now.

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 07:39:34 pm »
Are you guys really crying over 1GB of RAM usage? What kind of toasters are you using? I can understand that Shoaib whines, as he lives in a cave, and probs havent heard that we have newer computers now.
Thanks, appreciate it

Java 8 has quite some share on this memory usage too! ;) On the other hand... what's 1GB nowadays? Where most setups have 4-8GB.
Dang, guess it's time to upgrade

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 05:25:27 am »

So did Tony Stark but that didn't stop him :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Shoaib

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 06:50:27 am »

hahahahahaha i like u
The following users liked this post: Big Chris

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 08:36:04 am »

M8, Tony Stark got the supplies + he had knowledge. Shoaib has neither one of them :kappa:

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 09:20:46 am »

M8, Tony Stark got the supplies + he had knowledge. Shoaib has neither one of them :kappa:

I bet you're fun at parties :kappa:
Pages: 1 2