The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline D0nt Rang It

• Liked: 16 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Emps-World..
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:48:20 am »
Aight so I have talked about this with Charr too, I think Emps-Scape was one of if not the best RSPS. But now what am I seeing? Void has become simply useless. Every single player will get it in about 2 hours or so.. Charr told me we lost alot of players  to OSRS, but can why are you adding new things when as you look at OSRS, its all oldschool and look at that player count.. now take a look at ours and we keep adding new stuff?

Emps used to be one of a kind.. now you have ruined  it and its just one of the others. This is not just me thinking this but theres alot of veterans thinking the same.

Opinions?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:55:29 am by D0nt Rang It »
The following users liked this post: Leo Jr, Cman 8 23 93

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
Re: Emps-World..
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:55:57 am »
THE SERVER DOES NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE PLAYERS COUNT.

We lost a lot of players because of the shut down or because people just grew up for these games. If you going to convince me that the server is not fun to play, go ahead, you'll never do :)

You can't stay in the cave dood, you have to move forward.

The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:58:36 am »
OSRS has its player because because it is RUNESCAPE.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 08:15:59 am »
i also thought that the old emps scape was better, but i realized that back then i was just a child, maby that's why it was fun, i don't think people would like the old school graphics that much after they play it for a month, and it's literally impossible to bring them back anyways, thomy mentioned this a couple times actualy.

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 08:26:04 am »
OSRS has a large player base because it is simply OSRS. It's like a hit of nostalgia for them. If you prefer OSRS, go play that.

I'm here because this server isn't like any other, it doesn't take shortcuts, all updates and balances are well thought out but our amazing development team, and not to mention the community. We have a great community that is willing to welcome new updates and players. I don't think you will find anyone like us elsewhere.

-Big Chris.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 09:58:49 am »
Nobody is forcing you to stay.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 11:31:12 am »
You still don't seem to understand what I had been trying to tell you. People like private servers because they're older or more customized versions of the game. This means anything that isn't current RS could function as a private server. Even just pre-eoc servers, that have nex armours and all that stuff.

OSRS is adding new things too, the difference is their stuff is mostly custom. Though they did add corp and GE, which should both be considered a similar update as to adding something like ancient armours. I really don't see your whole problem with these armours btw, what is it about them that is constantly bothering you?

Void useless? If anything the no-risking void pkers have been absolutely destroyed. Nobody likes killing someone for rune boots and a str ammy, it was becoming a problem. Void still retains the same stats as it did before, it's just dropped on death now. Nothing about it changed in PvM, and if anything the change to void in PvP was for the better.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you're so against change, while that's something OSRS does all the bloody time. Since it's runtime, rs has had a HUGE amount of updates, the difference is they're custom, so people don't whine about them. Let's take korasi as an example, what if we made a completely custom weapon with the exact same stats and the exact same spec as korasi? People wouldn't complain. Why? Because it isn't korasi. People take an item's reputation from RS far too seriously, this is a private server, it's not the same thing. Korasi's spec isn't even mage based, and it doesn't attack multiple targets either.

The server is still not the same as others, our combat system is entirely custom, most armour stats are unlike any other private server, we have a large amount of custom items/dungeons, etc. What people fail so see is what actually got added, people just see the name korasi and instantly go berserk. Think about it instead of whining. Emps can't fully create everything custom, that takes a LOT of time, if we already have a model for something why not use it?

To some people, the entirity of the game is quite an unreachable goal. Others get maxed within a few weeks and get a decent bank doing it. It's those people that get bored of the game. Veterans will be more welcome to change, they've already experienced most of the game and want something else to do. Newer players are afraid they won't be able to keep up with the game. I'd say the game still needs change, whether it's something that already existed or something custom doesn't matter.

/rant
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, M3an123, Freestuffyay, Big Chris, 66destroyer3, Earl, Cman 8 23 93

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 11:44:43 am »
Typing mAniac ^ xD

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 11:59:03 am »
OSRS is like weed, the more you play the more hits you want to take, it's simply nostalgic and from Runescape's peak times.

Let me tell you something, all good things come to a end, you can't stay a kid forever and just do whatever you want to do, you get responsibilites as you grow. The same does Emps, believe me, I find Emps' stage today disgusting too but I play it to seek for the spark s it had back in the days.

Emps has to grow, the old community will eventually grow old and get responsibilites, that's why we need a new community with content that they appreciate. If we stay in the past, the game wouldn't progress thus making players quit of boredom.

If it was up to me, I would let this game progress rather than die. I want to play oldschool emps myself, but Thomy has sent his mind.
The following users liked this post: M3an123, Freestuffyay, Bubblebeam2, Charr

Offline Someone Gfx

• Liked: 7 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 08:07:41 am »
Aight so I have talked about this with Charr too, I think Emps-Scape was one of if not the best RSPS. But now what am I seeing? Void has become simply useless. Every single player will get it in about 2 hours or so.. Charr told me we lost alot of players  to OSRS, but can why are you adding new things when as you look at OSRS, its all oldschool and look at that player count.. now take a look at ours and we keep adding new stuff?

Emps used to be one of a kind.. now you have ruined  it and its just one of the others. This is not just me thinking this but theres alot of veterans thinking the same.

Opinions?

This thread angers my inner keyboard warrior. Watch out guys, this might get messy.

First of all, you gave us A SINGLE argument. According to you, Emps became bad ONLY because of Void being tradeable. That makes absolutely no goddamn sense. How the hell does that make Void ''useless''? They still have exactly the same bonuses as before, but now more players have access to them. Looking at the number of players wearing full Void, it's the exact OPPOSITE of useless! People always ask for updates that aren't exact copies from RS. We have unique ticket calculation formulas in both, Castle Wars AND Pest Control. Also, Void is NOT tradeable in RS, so that's different as well. People still aren't happy? That only proves how big of whining biches they are.

Emps is still one of a kind. When was the last time you saw this many idiots playing the same game? It's the negativity of the community that is having a bad impact on this game. The actual gameplay is absolutely amazing! You have so many different things to do: skills that you don't level up to 99 in one minute like in other RSPS's, minigames, staking, PKing, bossing and the occasional events that are hosted by the friendly community members. Emps also has much, MUCH less bugs and glitches than rest of the private servers have!

Emps is still the only RSPS I have played for this many years. I've never had the urge of playing any other RSPS for longer than a month. That should explain how much I personally like this game. Despite all the negativity I mentioned at the beginning of this post, there are still a lot of good people left here. Those people combined with the amazing game that Thomy has been making during all this years makes Emps the best RSPS for me.

If you don't like the game, please, take your negativity elsewhere and leave.

but can why are you adding new things when as you look at OSRS, its all oldschool and look at that player count.. now take a look at ours and we keep adding new stuff?

And now look at all the top RSPS's: they are all pre-EoC, with Summoning, Dungeoneering and all the good stuff before EoC. Even OSRS players have asked for a 2011-2012 remake of RS.

OSRS is like weed, the more you play the more hits you want to take

Nope :kappa:

Offline D0nt Rang It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 05:58:07 am »
@Someone
How the fuck can you say you can pk if there is 10 pkers at a time if your lucky..

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 06:15:30 am »
@Someone
How the fuck can you say you can pk if there is 10 pkers at a time if your lucky..

That's what I used to say. Then I actually visited Wilderness.

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 06:28:48 am »
Imho the server is perfectly fine. What might make the game not so enjoyable is probably the small and whiny community. I honestly don't understand why the voting system was removed. Emps needs promotion to gain new players and the social media fuzz is bs, it won't work. Stop improving the game, try working on the playerbase.

Offline D0nt Rang It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 07:05:01 am »
@Someone

Lets be honest, I am one of the most active pkers around. I have never seen you enter wild, let alone PK.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 04:15:39 pm »
@Someone

Lets be honest, I am one of the most active pkers around. I have never seen you enter wild, let alone PK.

Lets be honest, I am one of the most active players around. I have never seen you in the whole damn game.

The following users liked this post: King125, Cman 8 23 93, Skymaster100
Pages: 1 2