The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Fi Wi Fi

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Eating/brewing
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:54:00 pm »
When pking abit at edge i came to conclusion that eating your food should be slower. Weapons with special attack are pretty worthless atm(like ags, d claws etc), cause you can eat soo fast that it is pretty much impossible to get primary wep to special wep ko (like whip to ags ko) WHip hits every 2,5 sec, in this time range you can brew once and eat 2 food which means 23+16+23= 62 hp heal.
It is always the eat pid. It takes no skill right now to pk since people pretty much just use their special attacks randomly and hope for a good rng.
The following users liked this post: Ironmandommy

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
Re: Eating/brewing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:18:06 am »
Can we get some discussion going on here? This is a really huge issue and we shouldn't ignore it.

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Online Est Mauler

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 08:59:23 am »
No

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:53:41 am »
I think it's not that game-breaking to throw it into live testing on world 1 and see what people think, my theory is that it will require more combat changes to go along with.
But it's hard to say without having the change go live.

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:58:08 am »
Wasnt it always like that? People using spec weapon and bless to rng gods that they will get a high hit for potential KO? :thinking: Its not like people go wildy, expecting to have 100% accuracy and always shred their opponents. PvP always seemed like a rng gambling to me, so i dont have anything to discuss/complain about in this particular scenario.. and now that eating is a bit slower, you got more chances to kill your opponent
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:00:14 am by Iron 69 »
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 03:35:26 pm »
If we increase powercreep and increase healing time then a new source of healing should be introduced. 23+16 is no way to tank if you get red bared. Should be like a ~10 hp third type of healing so you could basically eat the 3 types in 1 "tick" and don't die every time you fall under 5hp. And honestly I don't even think that the speed of healing is a problem. People just seem to enjoy sitting high hp and not risking their gear. So the change wouldn't really have an affect on PvP.
The following users liked this post: Drugs

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 05:09:46 pm »
I'm not a very big fan of increasing the healing timer from 1.5 seconds to 2. We have higher weapon tiers and higher max hits than OSRS, which has a 1.8s eating delay. So imho that justifies our healing system and its speed. Besides... OSRS has Karambwans, which allow you to heal from 3 sources in 1 tick. I'd be more interested in looking into punishing constant healing. This could be done by increasing the attack cooldown by an additional 1-2 ticks when healing.

That wouldn't impact the amount or speed you can heal with, but the damage you do when deciding to constantly heal.
The following users liked this post: Earl

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »
If we increase powercreep and increase healing time then a new source of healing should be introduced. 23+16 is no way to tank if you get red bared. Should be like a ~10 hp third type of healing so you could basically eat the 3 types in 1 "tick" and don't die every time you fall under 5hp. And honestly I don't even think that the speed of healing is a problem. People just seem to enjoy sitting high hp and not risking their gear. So the change wouldn't really have an affect on PvP.
You're supposed to outdamage healing, changing it to 2.0 secs will still allow you to eat twice + brew once, whip and most weapons are 2.5 and up.

It's our decisions that define us

:)

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 02:51:19 pm »
how are you a good pker but still stupid?

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1