The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Dxp weekends
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:32:29 pm »
See that playercount at the top of this page? Me neither. During the first week after the removal of double xp weekends, it went down by 100-150. Every week since that it has gone down by 10-20.

The market is dead, the forums are dead, the whole game is dead. Despite the new daily tasks that are supposed to make people log in daily, our playercount has reached its all time low. That's nothing to be proud of. It won't take long until we'll reach the point when there is no players logged in during the European and Middle Eastern night time.

I don't know if it's just a bigass coincidence but I'd blame the removal of the double XP weekends for this. Why grind in an RSPS when you can reach the 99's in the real game with the same effort?

One of the many reason staff saw the removal of dxp "obligatory" was that people only logged in during weekends. Let me tell you that it's total BS. People spent the week days on collecting supplies and making money and the weekends on skilling and playing minigames.

90-100 players vs. 250-300 players online on a Friday evening. I'd choose the latter, but I'm afraid those days are long gone. Dxp weekends were part of this game for years. I see absolutely no point in getting rid of them after such a long time.

But 'ey, I'm no developer. What do I know... I'm just a peasant behind a keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:36:29 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay, Tgod Bro, Kaarel 123, Yaz, Hi Im Ethan, Blue Bird

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dxp weekends
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 07:08:01 am »
I wouldn't be too quick to blame the removal of dxp weekends on this. Especially since new bugs in the duel arena popped up on may 25th. The playercount actually went up on may 13th. You are right, it has dropped since.

Some people indeed did that, including myself. But if we go by that logic, someone that wanted to level up a skill that doesn't require supplies, he wouldn't be playing during the week. Most people that got maxed literally twice as fast couldn't care less about dxp weekends since they'd no longer be training.

I've talked to quite a lot of people about the daily task system and people seemed pretty positive about it. I myself am more fond of it than dxp weekends. It takes some getting used to, but you get plenty of dxp if you complete all your daily tasks. Playing more literally gets you more dxp, that's something I quite like.

One of the many reason staff Thomy saw the removal of dxp "obligatory"

That being said, it has ruined training certain skills with dxp completely. Slayer and farming are kind of a waste with dxp since you spend an extensive amount of time not getting exp. Runecrafting is still in an unacceptable state. That is something I dislike.

If the weekends are to return (which I wouldn't mind) then they should be more restricted. It wouldn't be a bad thing to sink a bunch of items and in return get a dxp weekend. This is just an idea though, don't take it too seriously.
;

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:11:07 am »
Exams and summer holiday might be big reasons that players are not that active

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Mary

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 08:25:26 am »

failed to mention in the graph: GE got released in feb

emps is becoming a smaller server now and we will all have to accept that
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:27:52 am by Mary »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 08:16:55 am »
Logged in for 30m yd, noticed that quite alot people miss dxp on weekends.
The following users liked this post: Suryoyo K0
Pages: 1