The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
Dropping items in the wilderness.
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:19:34 pm »
Can someone list me the pros and cons of having items instantly appear after being dropped in the wilderness? I can only think of cons.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping items in the wilderness.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:23:18 pm »
Here's a pretty big one and the main reason it is this way:
People can't drop their gear before they die and run back to pick it back up, ruining any kind of loot pkers get.
;

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 06:07:09 am »
People can't drop their gear before they die and run back to pick it back up, ruining any kind of loot pkers get.
I can see how that can be an issue, But having someone constantly drop food for pkers in a deep wilderness fight is pretty trashy and no honor, gives said player a massive advantage in outlasting their opponent and thus winning.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Triangle Dot

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:41 am »
I can see how that can be an issue, But having someone constantly drop food for pkers in a deep wilderness fight is pretty trashy and no honor, gives said player a massive advantage in outlasting their opponent and thus winning.

Unless your name is Demon of fla

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Attacker35, Triangle Dot

Offline Pr0skillz

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:15 pm »
This is called teamwork, M8.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 01:04:10 pm »
It appears to both of you though. You could go and pick up a lot of it as well. I understand it's a frustrating thing to deal with, but it's not that major of an issue.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 01:13:31 pm »
It appears to both of you though. You could go and pick up a lot of it as well. I understand it's a frustrating thing to deal with, but it's not that major of an issue.
When both players are frozen they can just drop it next to their mate. Happened a couple of time in my commentary video.

OT
Pro-Can't drop items before dying to later pick them up again
Cons-Can drop food for friends, can drop items when dying so a friend can pick them up.

Solution to one of the cons; never let food appear to anyone but yourself when dropped (or in the case of being killed for an inventory of food, never let it appear to anyone but your killer)

It will solve the food dropping issue without having any major impact on other aspects of pking nor pvm (you can still trade food from alts/friends when pvming between kills)

How to solve the second con? No idea. It could be made impossible to drop items when in combat but this will also have major impacts on other aspects of pking so I don't think it's a good idea.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:28 pm »
(or in the case of being killed for an inventory of food, never let it appear to anyone but your killer)
Introducing the food bag:
You get this account a full inventory of food, you let it take some damage so that you can 1 hit it, you run it to whatever place you're gonna kill people at. Once you're somewhat low on food you log the acc in, you wait until your opponent eats twice in a row and you then kill the food bag. In the case of a multi-zone, you just walk it next to your opponent and barrage it. He won't be able to see the food and you've basically gotten yourself another life.

It's a lot less reliable, a lot more annoying to pull off, but it can still be pulled off, and people will do it.
;

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 01:35:41 pm »
dont allow to drop items while in combat.

make the items visible after 1 minute after dropping.

problem solved
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Joshiee, Triangle Dot

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 06:07:26 pm »

problem solved

Nah, you need to be able to drop items while you are in combat. It would be so frustrating if you can't hit with an 2 handed weapon because you have no inventory space...

Mary

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 09:29:04 pm »
You cant exclude specific items from dropping and not visible to everyone immediately (i mean you probably can but it's very ghetto fixing that would include a lot of extra loops for the server to go through, it would have to check for every item multiple times if it's a certain id, for every 1 drop instance in the wilderness).

A possible fix would be finding a timer where things wouldnt be too annoying for food help + players cannot rush back to pick up their items. Anywhere around 20-30 seconds?

problem solved
Thats how it used to be and everyone complained about it + it also happens while pvm in wildy

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »
The system is fine as it is, Lars me or people I had pleasure pking with never really were bring down because of couple of noobs dropping food. We did it ourselves, but in our case we would have survived anyways. It was more of a safeswitch.

In Lars video he happened to be in 1v4, he should have died in that case anyways even if they could not been able to drop food. And if I recall correctly he dominated that situtation, and people I've pked with could always take these guys who relay on food drops 1v2.

Myself personally enjoyed disadvantageous situtations, and if I died to 1v2 because of someone dropping food it was because of trying to kill them both and actually fighting back. Also it's not really hard to tank 1v2 if you simply don't want to engage.

Let it be a part of the game, let noobs in 3 items think that they helped someone because of dropping food. Doesn't matter to me, they are still noobs.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Emps Loover, Triangle Dot, Ironmandommy

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »
The system is fine as it is, Lars me or people I had pleasure pking with never really were bring down because of couple of noobs dropping food. We did it ourselves, but in our case we would have survived anyways. It was more of a safeswitch.

In Lars video he happened to be in 1v4, he should have died in that case anyways even if they could not been able to drop food. And if I recall correctly he dominated that situtation, and people I've pked with could always take these guys who relay on food drops 1v2.

Myself personally enjoyed disadvantageous situtations, and if I died to 1v2 because of someone dropping food it was because of trying to kill them both and actually fighting back. Also it's not really hard to tank 1v2 if you simply don't want to engage.

Let it be a part of the game, let noobs in 3 items think that they helped someone because of dropping food. Doesn't matter to me, they are still noobs.
Whilst this is true, not everyone is godlike like me.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Killua

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 11:11:08 am »
I have no rights in saying anything about that since I'm no pker, but isn't that a lil bit convenient, since you can take those 3 seconds, while that guy isn't doin anything to kill him in it. am I right?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »
Just fucking deal with it. There will always be people who try to ''cheat'' no matter what you'll suggest to fix things.

Thats how it used to be and everyone complained about it + it also happens while pvm in wildy

This. Not everyone thinks alike. There can be dozens of different opinions of a single thing or feature of this game. I personally prefer the system we currently have over the one that would allow people to drop their valuables on the ground and lose nothing on death. I do understand the frustration, though, but life ain't fair.
Pages: 1