The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Mary

Dragonfire protection and protection prayers
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:39:29 pm »
Hi all!

Welcome to an anticipated feedback topic about a future change to the mechanics behind dragonfire protection and protection prayers.

How it works now:
Dragonfire protection currently consists out of static values assigned to various antidragonfire items and actions:
antidragon shield: 30
dragonfire shield: 40
Anti-magic prayer: 25
anti-dragonfire potion: 35

These static values directly reduce the incoming hit by this value. If a dragon has a max hit of 100 with dragonfire, it will select a hit between 0 and 100. This hit (lets say 70) gets reduced directly by 40 if you are wearing a dragonfire shield, so you get damaged 30.
The way this is calculated means that (lets say you have dragonfire shield and anti-magic prayer, total protection value of 65) a dragon with a max hit of 100 will hit on average 65% of the dragonhits a 0 on you (all hits of <66 will be reduced to 0).

How it will work:
This old mechanic will be updated to a more reliable system (for the dragons atleast): your dragonfire protection will now reduce the max hit instead of the hit. So that means a max hit of 100 and a protection value of 40 will reduce the max hit to 60. This way it will only hit a 0 with a chance of 1 in 60, and usually will hit anywhere regularily between 0 and 60. (note: dragons will always hit a minimum of 3 with dragonfire from this on)
This will make dragons significantly stronger and also add value to anti-dragonfire potions, which will effectively help reducing the max hit and the much higher chance on a bigger hit for this new mechanic.
(rn this does not count for dfs spec yet, also for pvp dfs specs)

Now onto protection prayers:
Protection prayers essentially work the same way. They also have a static protection value and effectively make sure that huge chunk of the incoming hits of the matching combat style will be a guaranteed zero.
This mechanic is (proposed) also going to be changed to the new mechanic: instead of reducing the resulting hit, it will reduce the max hit. This will lead to more reliable and more predictable hits on someone (or something, this also counts for npcs with protection prayers) and will remove the increased chance of hitting 0 (because all hits up to the static value of protection prayers would be reduced to 0).

Currently the protection value of protection prayers is 40.

Summary: max hit through protection is the same, but no more huge chances on 0 hits.

Feedback?

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonfire protection and protection prayers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 10:27:41 am »
I don't really care about the dragonfire but seeing that protection prayers work the way you described is quite a shock. Especially after protections prayer were updated a while ago to not decrease accuracy, but with a system like this they indirectly still decrease accuracy :/ So it's a good thing you're changing it.

Mary

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 12:33:46 pm »
I don't really care about the dragonfire but seeing that protection prayers work the way you described is quite a shock. Especially after protections prayer were updated a while ago to not decrease accuracy, but with a system like this they indirectly still decrease accuracy :/ So it's a good thing you're changing it.
Nah they actually work differently, but i'm kinda confused how + it's changed now anyway. This is how they worked in the past, when it was hitting so many zeros, so i guess this is an explanation for that.

(woo finally first comment)

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 05:48:21 pm »
Nah they actually work differently, but i'm kinda confused how + it's changed now anyway. This is how they worked in the past, when it was hitting so many zeros, so i guess this is an explanation for that.

Yeh not gonna lie I only commented because I thought it was kinda sad seeing someone asking for feedback getting 0 feedback l0l.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Mary

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »

Yeh not gonna lie I only commented because I thought it was kinda sad seeing someone asking for feedback getting 0 feedback l0l.
:'(

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »
Too much reading for the emps community

Too much spaghetti

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Mary

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:36 pm »

Too much spaghetti
shit what did i even bother writing wiki for #2381pages

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 08:30:38 pm »
What's wiki ???
:kappa:

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 10:07:36 pm »

Too much spaghetti
If it makes you feel better; I've read every wiki page.

:kappa:

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 02:38:35 am »

Too much spaghetti

I just had to :-X

Mary

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 08:17:04 am »

Too much spaghetti

https://i.gyazo.com/5d272a6e25a063d2cd8d9b2767855c91.png

I just had to :-X
it was either this or sit through raging kids 'WHY TORM DEMON NOT ON WIKI YET' 10min after the update

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 09:20:15 am »
This is totally not a bad feature if it comes since it'll make dragons much stronger and hard to solo and a trip to kill monsters would require more food.
the bad thing is a lot of players would stop to training them, because of 'it'll be worth to kill dragons anymore?'
This was the droptable of the blue dragon http://i.imgur.com/cQx2XUo.png
Now it has been sinked and been changed to be much less profit, so for what you're going to do this issue must be considered and must be balanced.

The hit of a dragon should be also dependent on the armour that the players, it's not logic that the hit will only depend if you wear a dfs or not, wearing a better defence bonuses armour should be effective on the hit, not only on the accuracy of the hit.

Offline Rens

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 12:03:54 am »
Hit from 0-60?
No support on this tough, would be much to OP
Dragonfire shield should not even be hitting anything.. but oh well..

Mary

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 02:32:24 pm »
Hit from 0-60?
No support on this tough, would be much to OP
Dragonfire shield should not even be hitting anything.. but oh well..
its an example max hit not the current dragonfire maxhit
Pages: 1