The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
dragon defender
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:23:39 pm »
Dragon defender got really messed up after making them untradable. no one uses defenders at all, the only players who used to use them were pkers. I understand that the main reason for making them untradable was to attract players to play the minigame; However, the mini-game is now less active because having a defender inst necessary. defenders are similar to barrow gloves, pkers need them and players would get it for them.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:25:54 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: dragon defender
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:26:36 pm »
Don't think this is a guide. Moved to feedback section instead.

Edit.
Personally I completely disagree with your opinion here. Have a look and compare dragon defender to arcane spirit shield for example.
Dragon defender is something you can get for absoutely free and it beats arcane in offensive stats. Assuming wiki has correct stats.

Getting a dragon defender is no problem and very little effort when you have multiple either rune or dragon. You do get a cash reward as well when you kill a person in wilderness wearing one as it's untradeable so I don't really see the problem here at all. No idea how much it is though.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:32:14 pm by Jp »

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:33:18 pm »
Don't think this is a guide. Moved to feedback section instead.

Edit.
Personally I completely disagree with your opinion here. Have a look and compare dragon defender to arcane spirit shield for example.
Dragon defender is something you can get for absoutely free and it beats arcane in offensive stats. Assuming wiki has correct stats.

Getting a dragon defender is no problem and very little effort when you have multiple either rune or dragon. You do get a cash reward as well when you kill a person in wilderness wearing one as it's untradeable so I don't really see the problem here at all. No idea how much it is though.
Feels bad grinding them and the reward is only around 200k.

They were used a lot more when they were tradable, but I think they should remain untradable. Maybe increase the cash reward to make up for the grind.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
You get a guaranteed dragon defender when you get at least 2 rune or dragon the first time you do the minigame. After that you can just go back and get one every time you want.
As for cash reward 200k seems good tbh as it would get lower than that eventually if it was tradeable. Currently it's static and doesn't go up nor down.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »
Dragon defender is something you can get for absoutely free and it beats arcane in offensive stats.
That is my point, it is cheap and it gets the job done. I see that this type of item is designed to be used by pkers. I don't think spending more than 20mins to collecting d def is any fun and if you killed someone you cant get his defender instead you will be rewarded by cash, buying them is more reasonable.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:43:54 pm by Saif Nawaf »

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:43:35 pm »
A new defender would be nice, a higher tier one such as barrows (corrupted defender on RS). I guess it should use the dragon defender to make?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:51:15 pm by Il Pk I »

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 08:44:11 pm »
Don't think it's designed for pkers? More likely for casual PvM. You can see wilderness being ruled by crystal shield which offers big tank stats, is cheap and easy to get. It barely gives any offensive stats.

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »
A new defender would be nice, a higher tier one such as barrows (corrupted defender on RS). I guess it should use the dragon defender to make?
No need. Dragon defender is already best in slot offense wise.
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 09:06:12 pm »
Dragon defender is something you can get for absoutely free and it beats arcane in offensive stats.
That is my point, it is cheap and it gets the job done. I see that this type of item is designed to be used by pkers. I don't think spending more than 20mins to collecting d def is any fun and if you killed someone you cant get his defender instead you will be rewarded by cash, buying them is more reasonable.

Fuck you people are lazy.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Saif Nawaf

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 09:11:00 pm »
http://prntscr.com/hdhxzv
yes plz make tradable

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 11:42:49 am »

Started with rune defender, getting 7 dragon ones took me 200 tokens.

I'd say making void tradable would have a bigger impact on the game since when it WAS tradable people used it a lot in PvP. It was a solid 5-8m risk that most of the pkers could afford and wanted to get cause it was actually good. (Not saying void needs to be tradable again.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:45:38 am by Earl »

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 12:11:55 pm »
Several players still use Dragon defender.
The advantages of having them tradable are that players can start collecting them to sell it to the pkers and defenders are reliable to new pkers since they are effective and affordable.
So instead of one player trying to get 1 defender for himself, he will try to get more than that to either sell it or use it for pking.
Pages: 1