The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
demon orb.
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:36:01 pm »
Why it should be buffed.

Simply because there is no practical use for it at the moment, except for it being a cosmetic item and not a very good looking one at that. While i do understand the effort made by Thomy, to encourage people to use the regular spellbook because of this orb, the ancient spellbook is still superior even when wielding the orb. Literally every other shield is more practical when using mage than the orb.

What should be done.

Ditch the 2 damage boost to the spells from the regular spellbook. When designing the orb The development team completely missed the point of the regular spellbook, which is that it's meant for beginners and other various spells that have nothing to do with dealing damage.
Instead, make it serve another purpose which isn't about raw defense nor offense bonuses either (which i liked from the beginning about the orb), which would be similar to the imbued heart from Old school rune scape. When operated and wielded, the orb would add a temporary 10 level magic level boost. This boost would have a 5-7 minute cool down until it could be operated again.

NOTE: after the change intended in this feedback, the orb would still retain the offensive bonuses it has right now.

thoughts?

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
Re: demon orb.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:08:12 am »
How this work with potions? Like you drink overload, then operate orb and what happens? nothing? Or they stack ? If they stack it's nonsense.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:54:18 am »
How this work with potions? Like you drink overload, then operate orb and what happens? nothing? Or they stack ? If they stack it's nonsense.
They would stack. however the orb still had a balancing factor - it still wouldn't have any defense bonuses, so players would be provided a choice between picking a shield with more defense bonuses or raw offense bonuses.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:35:16 am »
They would stack.

If they stacked, it would be too powerful, it they don't, it would be useless.

it still wouldn't have any defense bonuses

This is precisely what is does currently. It has the best magic off-hand offensive bonuses by a mile, no matter which spellbook you are using. You can choose between the orb for offense and elysian spirit shield for more defense.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 12:24:23 pm »
The +2 base damage boost to the normal spellbook spells is still useless. I may have over done it with the 10 magic level boost a bit, a 5 level boost would be fair in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:26:12 pm by Loop »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 02:37:12 pm »
The +2 base damage boost to the normal spellbook spells is still useless. I may have over done it with the 10 magic level boost a bit, a 5 level boost would be fair in my opinion.

The +2 damage boost makes regular spell book solo PKing more viable. Being able to use tb, entangle and get extra damage is nice.

It's already best in slot for mage even without the +2 base damage, so consider that extra on top of everything else.
Pages: 1