The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Abztract420

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
death timer
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:16:55 pm »
Please can you guys fix so when you die you have atleast 60 seconds to run back and pick up your items, i've just got the abby whip and died and i you have like 10 sec to pickup your stuff or your screwed its so absurd and annoying please can you do something about it?
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Level Down

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: death timer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30:32 pm »
You have a minute till the items show up and another minute till they disappear. If they disappeared before you managed to pick them up, you must've been too late. You might want to invest in a GA ticket ;)

I do agree that the death timer change didn't have the wanted effect. It only targets less experienced and less wealthy players, so the wanted sink is targeting the wrong group, which makes the sink close to non-existant.

I think that the initial timer (until items show up) should be about a minute longer.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »
You have a minute till the items show up and another minute till they disappear. If they disappeared before you managed to pick them up, you must've been too late. You might want to invest in a GA ticket ;)

Yeh next time remember to buy GA ticket for 15mil to save your 1.5mil whip
Can't we just change this shit already ?

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Pr0skillz, Zudikas95187, Level Down

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 10:14:15 pm »

I do agree that the death timer change didn't have the wanted effect. It only targets less experienced and less wealthy players, so the wanted sink is targeting the wrong group, which makes the sink close to non-existant.

I think that the initial timer (until items show up) should be about a minute longer.

I agree with you about the initial timer. 1 minute is way too short. I have to hurry up to pick up my loot when we got double K0'ed in wilderness and you don't want to know how many times I got barraged while running for my loots...
The following users liked this post: Level Down

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 10:06:02 am »
junkz has more to fap now

The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 10:59:50 pm »
Its 2 nd reason why peoples quit. Death timer suck. Its will change economy becouse items gone. And other we lose players.

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 03:59:01 am »
Hmm, how could we solve this.... :o :o :o
SCALE IT WITH LEVEL? ???

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 05:18:52 am »
Maybe we could implement tombstones that you are able to buy and they will increase your death timer. Not sure but did RS have something like that.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 09:11:31 am »
We dont have so much players. For that stones. Just putt kormal timer like 4 min to peoples can get them items.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 01:26:53 pm »
We dont have so much players. For that stones. Just putt kormal timer like 4 min to peoples can get them items.
i woulnd't say we have a small amount of players but it is about the amount of items such as bandos, fcapes, furys, stones etc, there are just to many of these. and currently its 60 seconds to run back without anyone seeing the items and another 60 second where can see the items you lost.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:28:50 pm by Corne506 »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 01:39:53 pm »
i woulnd't say we have a small amount of players but it is about the amount of items such as bandos, fcapes, furys, stones etc, there are just to many of these. and currently its 60 seconds to run back without anyone seeing the items and another 60 second where can see the items you lost.

If you're risking Bandos, f cape, fury etc. there's no point to PvM without GA, and that's the problem. High level items aren't sinked at all and lower level players lose the little wealth they have and quit. Like Tulrak said here our death mechanics have always been either you lose everything or you lose absolutely nothing.
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 04:34:35 pm »
I can confirm that we'll adjust the death timer system slightly. An additional minute will be added.
The following users liked this post: Emps Loover

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 06:28:23 pm »
I can confirm that we'll adjust the death timer system slightly. An additional minute will be added.
Psst, scale it with level? ???

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 09:37:55 pm »
Psst, scale it with level? ???

Level of an account doesn't really tell anything about its wealth. You can see lvl 120+ people begging for items at GE daily.
The following users liked this post: Level Down
Pages: 1