The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Dark Bow
« on: July 28, 2016, 08:40:09 am »
Finally i found the source of the pain for this 'useless weapon'
when doing 4000+ damage to a training dummy, i never hit above 40. i was using armadyl set + max range bonus, Super ranging and range piety. maxhit was 45 (special 50 50)
however i did hit one  40 with a spec, even that was in about 12 special attacks.

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Bow
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:46:57 pm »
Moved to feedback as it isn't a bug.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 03:00:05 pm »
The spec is really inaccurate indeed, and because of that even mage shortbow can be considered a better spec weapon than darkbow. Did a bit of testing with Aaron: same gear, same pots and prayer, I used msb he used dark bow. I was hitting 30-40's way more often than dark bow did. Also special attack of msb is much more accuracte than dark bows. I was getting 2 more DPS with msb than Aaron was getting with dark bow. Note that msb cannot even use dragon arrows.

Dark bow doesn't get enough accuracy and str for it's slow speed, mainly because bows don't actually have any str bonus.

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 03:06:52 pm »
I would like seeing the dark bow being an actual thread to morrigan's javelins and throwing axes...

I would gladly sacrifice some damage (that you aren't hitting anyways now) for some serious accuracy buff to make this weapon viable.

Mary

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:31:22 pm »
Dark bow special attack has 140% accuracy with a accuracy bonus of total 161
I do agree this is fairly low compared to dh with a standard accuracy of 151 and armadyl godsword special attack bonus of 241 (150% accuracy)
The following users liked this post: Junkz

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 06:09:17 pm »
Daily struggle of Thomy
Make dark bow shitbat op/make it most useless bow ever
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »
>First of all slow down the attack speed of bows that shoot twice.
>Max with best gear should be around 45.
>Increase the accuracy to match javalins (perhaps make it slightly less accurate than javs)

There you got, 3 unique high level range special attack weapons.

Javs: Can set up for high dps combo's, hits high and very accurate.
Axes: Very fast, decently high and accurate hits.
Dbow: Highest damage and accruate, costs most energy.

Offline Attacker35

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 10:02:07 pm »
Finally i found the source of the pain for this 'useless weapon'
when doing 4000+ damage to a training dummy, i never hit above 40. i was using armadyl set + max range bonus, Super ranging and range piety. maxhit was 45 (special 50 50)
however i did hit one  40 with a spec, even that was in about 12 special attacks.
Just to make sure everyone gets my point, as far as i've understood, this is indeed a bug
when i dealt 4000+ dmg to a training dummy, wearing the gear on the screenshot (maxhit 46, 50 [45, 49 on rapid]) I did not hit a single hit higher than a 37 when just shooting and not specing.
When using the spec about 10 times i only managed to hit one 40. not sure whether the spec can actually hit, but the poke on it must be bugged because there is no way i couldn't be lucky eunogh to hit a 40-45 on the dummy...
It got buffed, yet it's still useless. Can we please actually have things checked and tested out before they get released?
Everything aside, it does need an accuracy buff, and i'd say a slight damage nerf. Make it so, that the maxhit would be about 47-49 on Morri's and max range - But please, test it, make sure it ain't busted and broken, neither useless.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:04:52 pm by Attacker35 »

Mary

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 10:24:51 pm »
how about buff the current attack bonus to normal 2h accuracy (around 150 from 120) and make the second hit always a duplicate of the first hit? So that means if you hit 40 with the first hit it'll auto be 40-40. Same for 0, if you hit 0 its 0-0.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 10:57:58 pm »
how about buff the current attack bonus to normal 2h accuracy (around 150 from 120) and make the second hit always a duplicate of the first hit? So that means if you hit 40 with the first hit it'll auto be 40-40. Same for 0, if you hit 0 its 0-0.

Sounds better than the bs we have now

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 05:26:08 am »

Whatever you feel like. Just make them more accurate (with some testing please) and lower some damage. The special attack would need to receive extra accuracy (maybe the same accuracy buff as the ags?)

Making the second hit a copy of your first hit can be a huge buff in the wrong direction. People will rush with dark bows and hope for that 1 lucky hit because their second hit is guaranteed to be the same. Wildnerness will be full of 1 item pures like they were in 2010. All of this needs to be tested properly in order to work.

Edit: I hope you did some tests with the obby claws to make sure they are a t80 weapon now and not another copy of korasi or vesta's spear + longsword :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:28:41 am by Junkz »

Mary

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 05:44:10 am »

Whatever you feel like. Just make them more accurate (with some testing please) and lower some damage. The special attack would need to receive extra accuracy (maybe the same accuracy buff as the ags?)

Making the second hit a copy of your first hit can be a huge buff in the wrong direction. People will rush with dark bows and hope for that 1 lucky hit because their second hit is guaranteed to be the same. Wildnerness will be full of 1 item pures like they were in 2010. All of this needs to be tested properly in order to work.

Edit: I hope you did some tests with the obby claws to make sure they are a t80 weapon now and not another copy of korasi or vesta's spear + longsword :D
The changes i proposed should be on par with other 2h weapons on the market. Just because dbow can hit 80, this 80 is alot more rare than an ags 80 !if they even had the same accuracy bonus! Because of the dual hit mechanic. For example rolling two dice has a chance to roll double sixes for 1 in 36, whereas rolling a 12 with a 12 sided dice is 3x as common, obviously 1 in 12.

For ags this is a 1 in 80 chance, whereas the dbow its a 1 in 1600 chance. Now this seems a lot, but the dual hit mechanic also makes sure the chances to hit 40 or around 40 (or even 60) total is a LOT higher than ags. Unfortunately nobody gives a shit about hitting 40s with a dbow, hence the suggested change

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:07 am »

The changes i proposed should be on par with other 2h weapons on the market. Just because dbow can hit 80, this 80 is alot more rare than an ags 80 !if they even had the same accuracy bonus! Because of the dual hit mechanic. For example rolling two dice has a chance to roll double sixes for 1 in 36, whereas rolling a 12 with a 12 sided dice is 3x as common, obviously 1 in 12.

For ags this is a 1 in 80 chance, whereas the dbow its a 1 in 1600 chance. Now this seems a lot, but the dual hit mechanic also makes sure the chances to hit 40 or around 40 (or even 60) total is a LOT higher than ags. Unfortunately nobody gives a shit about hitting 40s with a dbow, hence the suggested change

As long as you do it right, nothing should go wrong. I was thinking about the chances as well. Idk if making the second hit of the special attack even more accurate than the first one is a buff too much. Maybe you could compensate it by lowering some damage of the second hit e.g. max hit 45 35 while the accuracy of the hits will be 240 260.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:38 am »

Check if the shooting two arrowd at once mechanic hinders with the individual hits. The numbers already suggest that dark bow in its current state should be more powerful than magic shortbow by a mile, but that still is definitely not the case.

Offline Attacker35

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 12:19:45 pm »
Won't it kind of ruin the feeling of the dark bow? i mean you might aswell then just hit an 80 (just making it so hit chance would work as Mary stated), not two 40s.
I'd say it would be way better if it was left how it is supposed to work, but properly, so that it would have some use when pking. Don't take away the charm from it, it is supposed to be a nuke style weapon, though there's the luck based factor whether you can get both of your arrows to hit high.
Pages: 1 2