The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Damage soaking/lifesteal
« on: January 25, 2017, 12:16:18 pm »
Damage soaking:
It's really bloody strong. Makes completely afking at certain aggressive monsters possible without protection prayers. Takes away a lot of the damage monsters that hit through protection prayers deal. It generally makes defence worthwhile. The basic implementation of the stat is great. There are some things that could've been done better.
  • It's not style specific, meaning that it slightly of throws the combat triangle out of the window by reducing all damage.
  • It takes off all defence bonus instead of being specific to certain items. You can still get a decent amount of damage soaking in a void set while it shouldn't be very defensive at all.

Lifesteal:
For what it's worth, I really don't think this should've been made a stat. We currently have two ways of acquiring some of this bonus. One being an aura and the other being guthans set. The aura's lifesteal bonus is (or should be) disabled in PvP, making it even weirder for lifesteal to be a stat. Tampering with guthan's set is also something I'm sort of worried about, though I haven't tested the set. Removing lifesteal as a shown bonus would make room for splitting damage soaking into the 3 styles.

;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Damage soaking/lifesteal
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 02:31:18 pm »
Both of the sets ultimately deal shit for DPS. What's the big deal.
Pages: 1