The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Classic client.
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:10 am »
After few updates classic client is gone forever. You can't download a desktop client and play classic mode anymore. Just why? Even if i try to do somthing in settings (TEX 0, ground decorations off) it's still a too fancy graphic OpenGL. In fact that there is still players who is able to play classic client if they didn't update or reinstall anything. I would ask you to bring it back please. It's hard for my cpu already, won't even talk about 2 clients, won't open them forever in this fancy OpenGL...

Mary

Re: Classic client.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 01:25:53 pm »
Classic runs on cpu, opengl runs on gpu. Try using opengl instead, its the same as classic but is actually bugfree, supported and much better performance than classic because it doesnt use cpu intensively.
Only behind the scenes theres difference, but you wont notice anything different graphic-wise.

Offline 123456789xd

• Liked: 61 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:28:09 pm »
Uhmm opengl is not working for me. But i can still play classic one.
Then life is giving you lemons you go make billions
-Avenus

Back at it again with Kaute

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 04:38:48 pm »
OpenGL has had tons of performance improvements over the year, it really isn't that bad as it used to be. I mean my fps went from a good 90 to ~200-300. Thomy can't keep emps working and bug/laggfree for toasters forever.

Uhmm opengl is not working for me. But i can still play classic one.
If you still get the choice, you're using an outdated client. Reinstall.
;

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 04:39:17 pm »
Classic runs on cpu, opengl runs on gpu. Try using opengl instead, its the same as classic but is actually bugfree, supported and much better performance than classic because it doesnt use cpu intensively.
Only behind the scenes theres difference, but you wont notice anything different graphic-wise.
Back days i could open 2 classic clients without any problems. Now i can forget it, got hardcore lags.
I prefer to play with bugs then with lags obviously.
Pages: 1