The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ravioli

• Liked: 285 times
  • +0/-0
  • :)
    • View Profile
Boss tasks xp nerf
« on: April 05, 2018, 04:48:39 pm »
So here's my feedback to the nerf. I think the xp was nerfed way too much. The added sp ruins it even more cuz now you get Max chaotics/ angers before you even 99 slay. There's a reason why so little people have 200m+ slay. Content tops out way too soon. No point in training slayer if you have everything you can get from it at 99 or less than that. Ravioli :)
The following users liked this post: Est Mauler, Iron 69

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Boss tasks xp nerf
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:57:06 pm »
Chaotics should indeed be possible to acquire before 99 cuz thats the intended level cap. People are barely going for 200m because slayer with pre-EoC combat style is simply the most fucking boring thing to exist. And besides that, non-boss slayer was completely dead content.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:59:09 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Ravioli

• Liked: 285 times
  • +0/-0
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:02:25 pm »
Chaotics should indeed be possible to acquire before 99 cuz thats the intended level cap. People are barely going for 200m because slayer with pre-EoC combat style is simply the most fucking boring thing to exist. And besides that, non-boss slayer was completely dead content.
Atm you can get a lot of sp with a boss task  and gz chaotix (7k so for 10kq for example) it was during dxp idk if it impacta

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 06:25:16 pm »
Atm you can get a lot of sp with a boss task  and gz chaotix (7k so for 10kq for example) it was during dxp idk if it impacta

Boss tasks always gave a shitton of points. Compared to anything else. Instead of buffing the xp from boss tasks back up, I'd like to see the nerf compensated by buffing the xp from slayer monsters. Bossing and slayer should be kept at separate things.

Also as a completely different note buffing the cash and alchable drops from slayer monster would be good. There is no cash flow in the game because of all the nerfs to monster drops. New players are incapable of buying anything with cash because they cannot make any. The richest players in the game are stakers so they have absolutely no interest in buying any monster drops. The only way of making money at a bearable pace is to complete clue scrolls, because dyes are the only things that sell for cash as it is.

Discord rants btw https://i.gyazo.com/68e55e90fb82d0a1ab6e51db9c47a0fe.png
https://i.gyazo.com/ca6d78c40912ab2e67ae0d0d79df193f.png
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:32:17 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Ravioli

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 06:30:46 pm »
Monsters can be divided into 3 sections and from my perspective pre-nerf situation looked like this:
  • Non-boss Bad and the slowest xp there is, worse drops than bosses. In some cases the drops are very nice and stack up nicely eventually (i.e abyssal demons, nechs, d beast to name a few)
  • Regular boss Very fast xp/h, good drops and a chance to get "big item" drop
  • Group boss (demons & nex) Same pros as above
Goal when nerfing the slayer xp from boss tasks was to probably change the xp rates of slayer overall. It's still faster than it was before though, let's say a year ago.
Faster slayer xp rates was a nice update and people really liked it I assume. It was just done the wrong way imo.

My proposed changes after nerf:
  • Keep regular boss xp the way they are right now or a very small buff so it's still an attractive option
  • Buff group boss xp drops. Reason being they're group bosses so it takes time to actually gear and group up. For an average player it can take quite a while to find a team.
  • Buff regular monster xp. This is the main and a classic way of training slayer. It doesn't always offer great drops (especially lower levels) and currently it's also the slowest xp from my understandings.
I know it's hard to balance out the xp rates bosses offer when they're mixed with regular npcs but pre-nerf we all have to agree xp rates were quite over the top and now they seem to be too low.

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 05:41:55 am »
 As a solution to this, I'd suggest adding back like 30% exp from total number(based on pre-nerf exp rates), this would currently make boss tasks worthy to do exp wise, because they are as worthless to do as a regular task right now(exp wise).

And would also like to suggest kind of an update for duo slayer: If it's a boss task, as long as both members did damage to the boss, both get 100% xp drop, and if it was only 1 player to damage the boss and the other one to just staying away(for example lvl 3 skiller doing slayer), then the player would receive the 25% of the xp for just being around. Regular tasks stay as they are.

Not quite sure, but in my opinion/my perspective, this would probably somewhat fix current slayer problem, aka balancing out the xp rates. Because im genuinely not motivated to do any more group boss tasks(or any other slayer task) coz, sorry, i aint bothering ppl to help me with a boss that gives me 25k xp drop for a kill, when previously it was 250k xp. i know 250k is alot, but 90% xp nerf is just :shit:

"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Darker Manz

• Liked: 103 times
  • +0/-0
  • Success is an ally of all perseverance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:33:28 am »
Ravioli i will kill you for thats idea slayer now is very very very very very very very very very hard!

Offline Brock Lesnar

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 06:13:53 am »
tell that to iron diamond who has 50+ hunter xbow from SPS. :D

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 02:16:07 pm »
Ravioli i will kill you for thats idea slayer now is very very very very very very very very very hard!
you're actually joking right?
theres a difference between hard and time consuming
The following users liked this post: Slimshadyy, Blue Bird

Offline Nedaz

• Liked: 65 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 06:31:15 pm »
i got my first chaotic on 55 slayer with partner
its to ez to get
Pages: 1