The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
Barrow repair prices
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »
Don't you think their prices are a little bit too high?
Some barrow pieces cost like 500k in GE but it costs 300k to repair them?
That's like more than 1/2 of their price...
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Hi Fi Wi Fi

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow repair prices
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:53:24 pm »
There is no way that they are going to reduce barrows repair prices since everyone is crying about lack of money sinks.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »
Still cheaper than getting a new set. Might be a little much though.

Could be a solution to have bob repair multiple at the same time, and charge extra for that while lowering the price per item. Though I'd rather see barrows items themselves sinked.
;
The following users liked this post: 123456789xd

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 08:07:14 pm »

Could be a solution to have bob repair multiple at the same time, and charge extra for that while lowering the price per item. Though I'd rather see barrows items themselves sinked.

Or, you know, making them useful again instead of nerffing them
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Str8att7, Ameer

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »

???
Where does it say I want to nerf them?

EDIT: I get that veracs and guthans have been nerfed to shit, I wouldn't mind them being buffed, however that still wouldn't do much to their price.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:23:13 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:20:05 pm »

torag's - completely useless.
dharok's - only used for pking, kind of useful?
verac's - useless since the nerf happened.
ahrim's - used only in pking
guthan's - was used not only for spectrals, but for pvming in general, the only reason it was nerfed because of spectrals and ancient armor prices crashing, makes no sence???

make the conclusions yourselves.

so... anyone up for some barrows?
about the repair prices, they could be lowered, to increase the demand for the barrow equipment itself. imo

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:48 pm »

???
Where does it say I want to nerf them?

EDIT: I get that veracs and guthans have been nerfed to shit, I wouldn't mind them being buffed, however that still wouldn't do much to their price.

My point being why think about sinks cuz it would do nothing since the items would stay useless and therefore also stay worthless. If we spent the same time thinking on how to actually improve the game instead of items sinks that will never be implemented then holy shit emps would be a better place.

The thread is about making barrows armor more appealing to use by reducing their repair cost. Now, how the fuck will item sinks make anything more appealing to use? Verac's set peaked at 15-20M each before they were nerfed, I'm pretty sure their price would had kept going up if they weren't in fact been nerfed. There were absolutely no sinks involved. It's common sense that useful items will be valuable.

When verac's were good people actually PvMed, which added natural item flow into the game since supplies and such had demand. Bandos + anger baxe/mace were still superior to verac's which explains why bandos had demand. Verac's set worked as an excellent springboard for poor people to start bossing. Now it makes no difference if u go in full dragon or barrows, because it's anger baxe doing all the work when PvMing with melee.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:35:14 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Charr

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 11:43:58 am »
You want barrows to be more useful to a point where it's best item ingame while being worth 1-5m per set (let me remind you https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=15662.msg123357#msg123357 )

Didn't see anyone complaining when karil hit 55, ahrim hit 60 with fire wave, veracs hit 100% times through protect and guthans let you afk a monster for as long as you want.
Alot of players here don't want balance and have no idea how to get that balance and if it's even worth it.

Go make suggestion threads about balanced barrows with actual stats you wont.

Ontopic ye it makes sense to reduce amount needed to fix ahrim/karil/guthans/torag/veracs, most of the cash sink is from dharoks anyways
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:07:40 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: 123456789xd
Pages: 1