The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Anger Weapons
« on: December 10, 2016, 08:31:21 am »
Back around a year ago I made a feedback topic regarding the Anger Weapons, which unfortunately died out pretty quickly due to lack of a discussion. I feel that enough time has passed to bring it up once again.

I feel that there has always been two major issues regarding the Anger Weapons. The first issue is hard to necessarily prove because I feel that it becomes more of a mental issue than a statistical one; it's hard to prove that this is an issue, more that it just feels like it is. Regardless, I think most of us would agree that the accuracy-based Anger Weapons (Sword and Spear) feel much weaker when compared to the damage-based Anger Weapons (Battleaxe and Mace). I feel that this becomes more of a mental issue because theoretically, the Sword and Spear should be able to out-DPS the Battleaxe and Mace by a landslide. However, I feel that in all cases, the Battleaxe and Mace seem to do more damage, excluding the additional +11 Maxhit when taking regards to size. The accuracy buff just doesn't feel like it exists: either the buff itself is incredibly weak or we as players just completely glance over it.

If the accuracy buff and damage buff follow an identical scale (The buff provided to accuracy is equal to the +11 Maxhit), then it simply doesn't feel like it's enough, accuracy-wise. These weapons are just completely outshined by the Battleaxe and Mace. I think we should look into tweaking these values to improve the overall performance of the Sword and Spear so that this isn't always the case. Another possible solution is to add an additional effect that will, following a similar scale regarding size, cause the weapons to deal a minimum damage that's more than 0 rather than a 0 itself (these values would be very low, not exceeding perhaps 5 at most), essentially a guaranteed hit on something larger than 1 tile. While I don't believe something like this would ever exist, it's just an idea, anything to give these weapons more appeal.

The second issue, which I argued in my original topic, is that these weapons are clones of eachother: The Battleaxe and the Mace possess the same buff with the same stat increase, as well as the Sword and the Spear. Being the main appeal of the SP Shop, this is sort of a waste, considering you would only have to spend half of the total SP on these weapons to yield all of the benefits that these weapons give the player. SP is by no means something hard to acquire, but this simply feels unnecessary in the already-limited reward pool that the SP Shop offers. I'm all for expanding the rewards available to us in the SP Shop, but I think that the mechanics that the Anger Weapons could be tweaked so that all 4 of these weapons are unique to help expand it as well.

Charr suggested this to me and I really liked it so I'll basically rehash it: rather than the system we have now, the buffs provided to the Anger Weapons are distributed by 5 points that can go into either the accuracy buff or the strength buff. An example for the sake of my suggestion, lets say that each point boosts the buff by 30% (EXAGGERATED VALUE, JUST AN EXAMPLE), and we distributed the points to the weapons like so:

Anger Mace: 4 points into strength, 1 point into accuracy (+120% strength, +30% accuracy).
Anger Battleaxe: 3 points into strength, 2 points into accuracy (+90% strength, +60% accuracy).
Anger Sword: 2 points into strength, 3 points into accuracy (+60% strength, +90% accuracy).
Anger Spear: 1 point into strength, 4 points into accuracy (+30% strength, +120% accuracy).

As a possible balance, we will also adjust the speeds of the Mace/Spear so that they attack slower (two-handed speed), giving us two variants of the applied effects (Slow, High-Hits/Accurate Hits vs. Fast, Steady DPS). This would change all of the Anger Weapons to have unique effects and possibly traffic more appeal to the other 3 Anger Weapons that are never touched or mentioned.

Possible cons I can see arising from these are the fact that the accuracy weapons could possibly always do damage, albeit not high amounts, and the new variants of the Mace/Spear becoming completely outshined as well by the new variants of the Battleaxe/Sword, so I'm all ears for other possible tweaks/changes.

Thoughts?
The following users liked this post: Jp, Bubblebeam2, Someone12116

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anger Weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 11:07:50 am »
Hmmm, good point. I like this suggestion, it would bring some more variety. Anyway, we could also think of a rework and let the weapons no longer scale with the monster's size, but with its hp, combat level or maybe even of the duration you're in combat?
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Wg Iron

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 11:09:54 am »
Sword could be 1-handed weapon. Would be a really nice weapon to use on slayer then because you can use a shield or defender with it then.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Hi Im Ethan, Wg Iron

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:37:56 pm »
Don't forget about ZS, it has the same effect as the sword/spear. I feel it needs change alongside anger weapons. I'd propose we give ZS an accuracy bonus that gets higher the lower hp your target is. This would make it a great weapon for finishing off monsters. Might need to be tweaked for PvP.

Hmmm, good point. I like this suggestion, it would bring some more variety. Anyway, we could also think of a rework and let the weapons no longer scale with the monster's size, but with its hp, combat level or maybe even of the duration you're in combat?
Size is nice and simple, hp and combat levels could work but it might be hard to determine what monsters it would be worth using on over other weapons. Combat duration is interesting but might be difficult to balance.

Sword could be 1-handed weapon. Would be a really nice weapon to use on slayer then because you can use a shield or defender with it then.
It'd trigger me really really hard if 3/4 weapons were 1-handed. On the other hand, I understand the demand for a 1-handed weapon that isn't a whip. Anger's effect is something that might not be suited for 1-handed weapons though, getting a huge accuracy/strength buff along with potentially keeping high defence bonus sounds kind of imbalanced.

I'd rather just see different weapons introduced.
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »
It'd trigger me really really hard if 3/4 weapons were 1-handed. On the other hand, I understand the demand for a 1-handed weapon that isn't a whip. Anger's effect is something that might not be suited for 1-handed weapons though, getting a huge accuracy/strength buff along with potentially keeping high defence bonus sounds kind of imbalanced.

I'd rather just see different weapons introduced.

Why add more weapons when 90% of the all the high level weapons are ALREADY useless?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 03:45:35 pm »
Why add more weapons when 90% of the all the high level weapons are ALREADY useless?
Fair point.
;

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 05:08:00 pm »
I wouldn't want to see the current mechanic changed because I really do like it how it is. It's very much a niche to these weapons and definitely gives them that layer of appeal that they've had. I think that it just needs to be possibly tweaked. Those other effects sounds very interesting as well, however, for possible new content in the future maybe.

I agree with Charr that I'd like to see the original 4 stay two-handed as they are, but we could possibly create new Anger Weapons that are one-handed and have the same properties (albeit nerfed to consolidate for the access to a Shield). Maybe adding two more, one for strength and one for accuracy, though I also do feel that this might end up being too many weapons. 6 compared to 4 is a pretty big amount of options and could lead to some of them being untouched once again.

Don't forget about ZS, it has the same effect as the sword/spear. I feel it needs change alongside anger weapons. I'd propose we give ZS an accuracy bonus that gets higher the lower hp your target is. This would make it a great weapon for finishing off monsters. Might need to be tweaked for PvP.
I'm pretty sure I remember being told that this was not the case and actually an error in the Wiki, but this effect would be a very nice replacement. Would this scale be a gradual scale or a fixed scale (HP is lower than 25%, accuracy is immediately buffed by, for example, 50%)?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 05:15:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure I remember being told that this was not the case and actually an error in the Wiki, but this effect would be a very nice replacement. Would this scale be a gradual scale or a fixed scale (HP is lower than 25%, accuracy is immediately buffed by, for example, 50%)?
I'd love to have it increase accuracy per %missing hp. Maybe at a 1:1 % ratio, or slightly lower.
;

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 08:29:43 am »
I am not really that good on giving feedbacks, but I also think that Anger Weapons need rework. Anger Spear and Blade nowadays seems to be cosmetic items rather than weapons. I like the OP's suggestion.
Pages: 1