The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Items - the most unbalanced items in the game & more.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 02:41:48 pm »
Really interesting read, thank you! I think the main conflict with ancient items is, that they are too easy to obtain and to maintain.

I'd recommend following changes:
  • Corrupt parts drop chances 1.6% --> 1.2%
  • Normal parts drop chances: 1.2% --> 0.8%
  • Double repair costs
  • Corrupt parts charges halved
  • Spectral combat power buff

Thoughts on the possible changes?
Since there is already an insane amount of energy in the game I don't think doubling the repair cost is enough. One of the biggest problems is that corrupt items give jsut as much energy upon death as normal items. Perhaps lowering the amount dropped (at 100%) to 2k for normal items and 1k for corrupt items will help.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 02:52:42 pm »
The combination of making drops rarer and doubling the repair costs will reduce the overall amount of energy in the game. I cannot remove energy immediately, because it will just take some time until people have used it. I also don't want to overdo things, the aim is to find a balance between energy entering and leaving the game. Reducing the energy drop rates is not needed imo. It's easier to just change the repair costs, because that results in energy directly leaving the game. Also, corrupt items will have half the charges, so they won't produce that much energy anymore.

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 03:13:49 pm »
Also, corrupt items will have half the charges, so they won't produce that much energy anymore.

Isn't it quite sad that you admit that the corrupt versions are just a generator for energy?

Mary

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 04:00:33 pm »
Also, corrupt items will have half the charges, so they won't produce that much energy anymore.

Isn't it quite sad that you admit that the corrupt versions are just a generator for energy?
I already said this when this update was being developed but it was insisted the corrupted versions would be released anyway

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 05:14:53 am »

I already said this when this update was being developed but it was insisted the corrupted versions would be released anyway

Wouldnt it be the best to make these armour and weapons viable now instead of leaving them as they are?

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 10:59:54 am »

Wouldnt it be the best to make these armour and weapons viable now instead of leaving them as they are?
Didn't you listen? I already said they are viable.
Pages: 1 2