The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
An oldschool player experience.
« on: November 05, 2015, 11:10:06 pm »
I'm introducing this feedback topic by telling that I was an active Scape player since 2010 to it's closure. So yeah, when I knew Emps is back I was really excited to see what's going on over here. (A quick note: I found out that Emps is back on November 2nd, 2015) I was wondering what were the new things and if some things from the old Emps are still here.

When I first logged in I saw so many changes but I still could see some familiar characteristics that Emps always had. So I pass directly from this to things that make me really sad and that are worth to be considered for a change.

• First thing I have noticed almost immediately was GA, I think there's a thread where you guys have already discussed about.. In my opinion this is a thing that could be saw as a positive feature from less expert players and as a negative feature from others. Back in the Scape people used to go bossing and catch theirselves in kinda risky situations to get richer, not to risk 1M worth ticket(or whatever it's price is).
  • An another thing I think is impossible to ignore is that prices of many items, that were pretty valuable in Scape, now are lower than 10M. Example: Yesterday I saw a guy selling a BGS for 5M. (I know it's the actual price but it's sad to see a Godsword to drop so low)
  • Donating. I was thinking also about donating some money, but then I saw that prices of items you can get with DP are so low that it's almost not worth to spend my money for them.. I even saw a guy on shoutbox saying "I don't get why people donate to get richer, it's so easy make money on Emps".

These are few things I have noticed about economy of this server in 4 days I'm playing, and I hope to see the economy just become 'stronger' from this point of view or atleast I hope to get used to it.

I may not know many things since I'm a 'newcomer' here so please let me know if a topic of this kind was already opened and with what results,

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:26:22 pm by Beershake »
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: An oldschool player experience.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:52:10 pm »
Guardian angel was added due to a large amount of people having connectivity issues, it was something you could spend your money on to not lose your stuff at GWD if you dc'd. It's definitely a positive feature for a lot of people. It used to be 1m cash and later was put into the donator store for 200 donor points, it has already been made a lot harder to get your hands on a GA. You still lose your GA and have to buy a new one from the donor store or other players if you die, whereas if you died without a GA, you could have gotten back to where you died and picked up your stuff. The pros really outshine the cons here.

First off, I'll mention something that is literally always mentioned when people start discussing prices and still somehow always forget. Prices are entirely controlled by the players buying and selling the item. Prices depend on supply and demand. A lot of people go to gwd, many need bandos armour, the godsword however isn't needed all that much. Back in the day people would legitimately train their stats using a godsword as a main weapon, now that we have dragon hasta (basically a whip that can train strength) people don't really seek alternatives anymore and the popularity of using them as a mainhand weapon decreased. If you wanna use it as a spec weapon to lower defense, statius warhammer outperforms it. I think you shouldn't compare the two economies, too many things have changed for that.

They are so low for a few reasons. Rare whips aren't stronger than regular whips anymore, people often still use abyssal whip or d hasta over a donator whip. They did get some compensation though, the attack requirement was removed and the stats now scale with your attack level, up to 70. Donator system was changed and some items are a bit cheaper. Probably the biggest impact on it is that there are no item sinks for the donor items. More people donating means more supply of donor items while the demand doesn't really increase, this causes prices to drop.

Like that person said, making money is easy, it was in scape and it still is now. Not to judge you for wanting to donate for bank, but you should only donate because you want to donate to the server. If you want money for your donor points I'd recommend getting GA tickets and selling them, they have the most value per point.

;
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 12:02:38 am »

• Donating. I was thinking also about donating some money, but then I saw that prices of items you can get with DP are so low that it's almost not worth to spend my money for them.. I even saw a guy on shoutbox saying "I don't get why people donate to get richer, it's so easy make money on Emps".

Don't see donating entirely as a way to make money, but as a way to support the server. :)

Mary

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:08:35 am »
    The prices of items are a direct result of the player-controlled economy and cannot be undone by any form of update. This is a direct result of the high percentage of higher leveled pvmers that maintain a high supply of high-leveled pvm items.
    Back in scape there were simply more noobs, so to say.

Same goes for donator items: the prices are simply lower because there are lots of donators. And no players to buy them, thus people offer them for much lower to try and get rid of them. Player-controlled.

The GA was already kinda set back, having a more risky market and thus more players that go without one nowadays. The effects of GA's on the economy were notable. Through DP we created a new sink for donators to not bring the donator prices down even more, and to reduce GA in the game.

unfortunately none of this can be changed with an update in any way. The fastest way to change this 'economy' would be to bring a whole lot of new players to the game that will buy the oversupplied items, or old players quitting and their banks going to vain. None of this is in a single player's or developer's hands unfortunately.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:11:37 am by Mary »

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
    • +1/-0
    • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:27:07 am »
    GA ticket is a excellent addition to the game in my opinion. Like you said, it is unique to other servers which allow players to appreciate that item even more. They're sold for about 5m, which is an average price. It isn't hard to earn 5m on Emps. GA tickets are heavily used by a lot of people and I think it's also saved a few players from quitting. Their are quite a few connectivity issues with players. For instance I know Zudi has been experiencing a lot. With the players experiencing these connectivity issues these GA tickets can be purchased to ensure that on death you will not loose your items.

The prices is all about supply and demand, obviously. Yeah godswords are super cheap compared to Scape, but their is nothing we can do about raising the price. Their are so many other items to use on this server besides godswords like hastas, a Korasi, and even a Zamorkian spear which was added into Emps months before the closure. We also have the knew elemental whips, bows, and staffs that are marked at a much higher price than an Ags. New items tend to be more popular for players.

The prices on donator items isn't low, 5-10m per item is a good amount. If you donate just enough to buy a member ticket that is 8m in your pocket. With 8m you could start yourself off with a decent set of armor (like a barrows set besides DH), and also be able to afford one of the main weapons in the game, which is a whip. Donator items sell quickly usually, and if they aren't sold for cash you can catch a fair trade on trading them items for items.

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
    • Italian Pizza
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 06:04:33 am »
    Guardian angel was added due to a large amount of people having connectivity issues, it was something you could spend your money on to not lose your stuff at GWD if you dc'd. It's definitely a positive feature for a lot of people. It used to be 1m cash and later was put into the donator store for 200 donor points, it has already been made a lot harder to get your hands on a GA. You still lose your GA and have to buy a new one from the donor store or other players if you die, whereas if you died without a GA, you could have gotten back to where you died and picked up your stuff. The pros really outshine the cons here.

First off, I'll mention something that is literally always mentioned when people start discussing prices and still somehow always forget. Prices are entirely controlled by the players buying and selling the item. Prices depend on supply and demand. A lot of people go to gwd, many need bandos armour, the godsword however isn't needed all that much. Back in the day people would legitimately train their stats using a godsword as a main weapon, now that we have dragon hasta (basically a whip that can train strength) people don't really seek alternatives anymore and the popularity of using them as a mainhand weapon decreased. If you wanna use it as a spec weapon to lower defense, statius warhammer outperforms it. I think you shouldn't compare the two economies, too many things have changed for that.

They are so low for a few reasons. Rare whips aren't stronger than regular whips anymore, people often still use abyssal whip or d hasta over a donator whip. They did get some compensation though, the attack requirement was removed and the stats now scale with your attack level, up to 70. Donator system was changed and some items are a bit cheaper. Probably the biggest impact on it is that there are no item sinks for the donor items. More people donating means more supply of donor items while the demand doesn't really increase, this causes prices to drop.

Like that person said, making money is easy, it was in scape and it still is now. Not to judge you for wanting to donate for bank, but you should only donate because you want to donate to the server. If you want money for your donor points I'd recommend getting GA tickets and selling them, they have the most value per point.

Don't see donating entirely as a way to make money, but as a way to support the server. :)

About GA feature, it's cool to have this but I think it's price should be really incresead, so not everyone can use it so much, in my opinion.

About donating, yeah I never said my in-game bank should be built on my real money, there should be a sort bigger of advantage to people who donate like 50-100€.

The prices of items are a direct result of the player-controlled economy and cannot be undone by any form of update. This is a direct result of the high percentage of higher leveled pvmers that maintain a high supply of high-leveled pvm items.
      Back in scape there were simply more noobs, so to say.

Same goes for donator items: the prices are simply lower because there are lots of donators. And no players to buy them, thus people offer them for much lower to try and get rid of them. Player-controlled.

The GA was already kinda set back, having a more risky market and thus more players that go without one nowadays. The effects of GA's on the economy were notable. Through DP we created a new sink for donators to not bring the donator prices down even more, and to reduce GA in the game.

unfortunately none of this can be changed with an update in any way. The fastest way to change this 'economy' would be to bring a whole lot of new players to the game that will buy the oversupplied items, or old players quitting and their banks going to vain. None of this is in a single player's or developer's hands unfortunately.

I do actually know that a player-controlled economy can't be change by any update. As I said I hope I will just used to it :)
      (And I also hope to see more player's joining.)

GA ticket is a excellent addition to the game in my opinion. Like you said, it is unique to other servers which allow players to appreciate that item even more. They're sold for about 5m, which is an average price. It isn't hard to earn 5m on Emps. GA tickets are heavily used by a lot of people and I think it's also saved a few players from quitting. Their are quite a few connectivity issues with players. For instance I know Zudi has been experiencing a lot. With the players experiencing these connectivity issues these GA tickets can be purchased to ensure that on death you will not loose your items.

The prices is all about supply and demand, obviously. Yeah godswords are super cheap compared to Scape, but their is nothing we can do about raising the price. Their are so many other items to use on this server besides godswords like hastas, a Korasi, and even a Zamorkian spear which was added into Emps months before the closure. We also have the knew elemental whips, bows, and staffs that are marked at a much higher price than an Ags. New items tend to be more popular for players.

The prices on donator items isn't low, 5-10m per item is a good amount. If you donate just enough to buy a member ticket that is 8m in your pocket. With 8m you could start yourself off with a decent set of armor (like a barrows set besides DH), and also be able to afford one of the main weapons in the game, which is a whip. Donator items sell quickly usually, and if they aren't sold for cash you can catch a fair trade on trading them items for items.

You're right, that GA feature is really unique, in my opinion it shouldn't be just as cheap as it is now.

Thanks to everyone who replied and cleared my mind about this, I mean I just want to get on the current with stuff going on here. So yeah, thanks a lot. If there's anything more to say about this just go ahead.  :)[/list]

Mary

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 01:21:26 pm »
      Would you prefer something that costs, lets say, 10 000 DP in the store that is tradable,

or a 'rank' that is rather untradable but does not consume any DP once you reach a certain amount of DP donated total. (super donator rank on forum, donator cape?) at 10 000 DP, and you can claim it at the homepage, here:

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
      • +1/-0
        • View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 03:13:36 pm »
      Would you prefer something that costs, lets say, 10 000 DP in the store that is tradable,

or a 'rank' that is rather untradable but does not consume any DP once you reach a certain amount of DP donated total. (super donator rank on forum, donator cape?) at 10 000 DP, and you can claim it at the homepage, here:

10/10 would buy that rank even tho i dont play the game.

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
      • Italian Pizza
        • View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 04:35:32 pm »

Well the rank seems to be something really nice!
      Pages: 1