The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Tom

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Absolutely hate it..
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:42:42 pm »
For many years I played Empsscape. For many years I enjoyed not seeing one graphic update and for it to be an original oldschool server. For what it's worth, you have recreated Runescape's biggest mistake, that was it's continuous updates on their graphics. Players quit do to it. They lost over 100k active players within a month and it was all over what they wanted and not what the community wanted.

I can not emphasize on how big of a mistake it was to change Empsscape. It was an amazing game and it was extremely unique.

R.I.P Empsscape 08-11.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely hate it..
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:44:47 pm »
They lost player because more and more other games became popular. The updates in RS have only made the game better.

If you don't like the graphics, quit bitching and quit.

Mary

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:47:34 pm »
They lost players because the game did not keep up with what the younger players wanted, and the older players grew old and quit (bot nuke day also exposed a lot of 'fake' players). Imo not because of the graphical changes, I absolutely love the sweet new graphics.

Trying to satisfy old players so they stick around for longer than 5 years (already insanely long for one single game) is a dead end.

Offline Tom

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:53:13 pm »
They lost players because the game did not keep up with what the younger players wanted, and the older players grew old and quit (bot nuke day also exposed a lot of 'fake' players). Imo not because of the graphical changes, I absolutely love the sweet new graphics.

Trying to satisfy old players so they stick around for longer than 5 years (already insanely long for one single game) is a dead end.

I guess your right, this new generation of Runescape players will only want more graphics, etc. It's a dead end to try and argue my points..

I've really missed you Mary, good to see you sticking around and are an admin, that's great!

Offline Tadas47

• Liked: 50 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:07:52 am »
For many years I played Empsscape. For many years I enjoyed not seeing one graphic update and for it to be an original oldschool server. For what it's worth, you have recreated Runescape's biggest mistake, that was it's continuous updates on their graphics. Players quit do to it. They lost over 100k active players within a month and it was all over what they wanted and not what the community wanted.

I can not emphasize on how big of a mistake it was to change Empsscape. It was an amazing game and it was extremely unique.

R.I.P Empsscape 08-11.

Its true, im really want old whips, d scim models. Now graphics is changed and its not nice. But anyway this graphics is not soo bad, plz dont change it or make old emps-scape graphics.. Dont do rune-scape mistake.. And plz dont make new uptades with turmoil/soulsplit or Nex armours and etc... Becouse i will 100% leave this server, and i think 40% or more players will leave this beutifull server too.

(Very sorry for my gramatic)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:11:08 am by Tadas47 »

Thank you Mary!

Love u fate!

Mary

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:37 am »

I guess your right, this new generation of Runescape players will only want more graphics, etc. It's a dead end to try and argue my points..

I've really missed you Mary, good to see you sticking around and are an admin, that's great!
Thanks, very much appreciated <3

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 05:36:34 am »
Runescape biggest mistake was the graphics along with EOC, this what made them to lose over 200k people in their game. So many youtubers for example Mr mammal,B0aty and Jim sauce all of those were about to quit until, then they came up with 'OSRS' which made alot of people to come back and play that game. Runescape will go in to nowhere aslong they're ruining the game with all these new updates.

Emps is one unique server, and it's way more different than any other servers. I agree with you, I hate these graphics but meh deal with it. We can't just stay back in the past, we have to move on with the future bro

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Tadas47

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 05:45:04 am »
Yeah with game updates, but than why with graphics uptades?

Thank you Mary!

Love u fate!

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • AdiĆ³s mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 06:42:55 am »
RS<EoC

And no, I find it more enjoyable with higher graphics.

Offline Slayerxv

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 07:02:15 am »
They lost over 100k active players within a month and it was all over what they wanted and not what the community wanted.

They lost over 100k active players within a month

over 100k active players a month

My old signature from 2009...

Mary

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 11:07:27 am »
Yeah with game updates, but than why with graphics uptades?
If you don't upgrade to newer revisions (and thus newer graphics cause old graphics are not compatible with newer revisions) then you will eventually stay stuck and skills like hunting construction would never come, and pets like the baby jad.

Offline Tadas47

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »
I said it, i hate that skills liek hunter dungeonering and etc.. Becouse that graphics is soo glitching me.

I always wont to play classic server 317 version. Soo emps-scape was ideal server for me. I can play it still. But i dont know how long, maybe until next graphic uptade.

Thank you Mary!

Love u fate!

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 01:12:10 am »
Crawl back into your cave old man, we're living in the 21st century now.

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 07:01:44 am »
As long as future updates remain to hold the integrity of the game, it is healthy for a server to add new skills, bosses , update graphics etc. As Mary said it's not all about pleasing the older generation but rather setting the standard for the younger generation and making sure they have an enjoyable experience and can continue to grow the server into something truly amazing :D
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Mary

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 11:37:57 am »
Like I said: Lots of old school players don't like seeing their server upgrade to something new; but you can't just stick with that same player group. It'll grow old and die out, you always need to attract new players.
Now Emps has an extraordinary long history of old school players that stick around for 5, 6 and in some occassions even 7 years, there are just a handful of these left and most of them want the old server back. But it's really not worth to keep satisfying a small group of players that is doomed to die out.
Pages: 1 2 3