The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
About the recent combat changes and PvM in general
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:53:57 pm »
This topic will mainly view these subjects:
- Nerf of BGS and Statius Warhammer + the ridiculous defense of high-level monsters
- Verac's set vs other melee armor
- Viability of magic in combat
- Boss drops
- The constant changes

Let's start with the nerfs (http://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=6239.0). Why did people use Statius Warhammers instead of high-hitting special attack weapons like Dragon Claws or Vesta Spear in the first place? The answer is simple, bosses have so high defence. It is so depressing to see your character hitting constant 0's on bosses after spending over 100M on powerful combat items. Think about this from a perspective of high-level player with only medium-level armor and weapons, how do you expect them to fight the bosses if people with max armor and weapons can have struggles fighting the enemies now? Spending 15-50M+ on something (SWH) that is now almost garbage-tier isn't fun. The nerf of Statius Warhammer and the fix to the PvP armor also discourage players from killing the Spectrals in wilderness.

Verac's vs other melee armor. #veracs #masterrace #bro
Now that the bosses' defence levels cannot be reduced as much as before, Bandos and other melee armor sets have lost their purpose in PvM. Verac's set simply outdamages every other melee set. People have been complaining about Verac's set being too powerful for a long time, and nothing has been done to them. Instead the equipment that is supposed to be good has been getting nerfs. In nutshell, expensive gear isn't needed when training slayer or combat stats, and it isn't worth it when killing bosses. Maybe spending 200M on a spirit shield will make Bandos as good as a Verac's set that is worth 20M.

Magic. There isn't anything wrong with the spells, accuracy and damage are fine. Magic even has spells that can lower opponents' damage and defence, but having so much runes in your inventory can really shorten boss trips. Having a Rod of Ivandis is pretty much necessary. Maybe we could have rune pouch of some sort that could be stored with 4-5 different types of runes to save inventory space? It could be a new Castle Wars reward, for example.

''Oh, you spent 100k worth of supplies on killing me? There, have some cosmic runes'' - King125
Mostly looking at you, Corporeal Beast. Simply put, I would like to see more monster drops that are actually useful, like skilling supplies.

The constant changes. It takes a while for the whole server to adapt to a single update. For example, the drop rate nerf. Prices were still going up and PvM'ing was made even harder now with the nerfs. There is a major lack of items in the market, there is no need to make the items even more harder to obtain at this point.
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro

Offline I Pk Ur Nan

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest.
    • View Profile
Re: About the recent combat changes and PvM in general
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:00:48 pm »
You make some excellent point Otto, I would like to understand why the SWH was nerfed, it is bad enough that Verac's overpower bandos in most cases..SWH made it a little bit easier to hit with Bandos gear because lets face it Verac's has very good accuracy.
The following users liked this post: Shoabi50

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:26 pm »
Yep. Great points Otto, 100% agree with everything you said.
Ex-Mod

#quit

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 01:07:31 pm »
I couldn't agree more :)
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Mod Mary

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:36 pm »
The defense overall was increased in respons on how easy it was to kill npcs, causing veracs to go OP. I've watched quite some corp fights, and ppl were just downing it too fast with a few SWH/bgs specs, up to like 5s hitting constant 55-60s on corps second form. Hence why it was nerfed, but that'd make veracs even more OP. An idea would be to decrease overall high def monsters again (I rather not, killing bosses with just bandos/3rd melee is fine right now), or to nerf veracs.

The defense issues are an indirect result from the combat system update, because defense is not a linear function making it very hard to balance on high levels (either super easy or superlow accuracy, also causing defense/accuracy (bgs/swh/veracs) modifiers to be WAY more effective than intended on high defense levels). It's still very hard to balance but that's why it gets changed so often, as it's hard to find a perfect match.

About the drops: I rather not add too many skilling supplies. Compared to Runescape, where alot of skilling supply drops are common on high level fights, there are many more low leveled players than the group that kills these bosses. In emps this would cause skilling to go obsolete and crash prices (see bowstrings). On average you still gain value when fighting bosses, as youll have a valued rare drop once in a while anyway. If we increase the overall value of the other 90% of the drops, ppl will stop skilling at all and just kill bosses everyday, causing prices to crash, no more skilling, no more supplies market (as the boss players just use the supplies they get from boss fights) etc etc.

About magic: it's barely viable to use it in pvm, which imo is fine. Might be cool if you could equip one type of runes similar to equipping arrows.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »
I've watched quite some corp fights, and ppl were just downing it too fast with a few SWH/bgs specs, up to like 5s hitting constant 55-60s on corps second form.

Corpo in general is way too easy, there was no point in making every boss harder just because one is way too easy. People also used PvP armor a lot since they didn't break like intended. Now that problem is taken care of.
Corp is level 700+ on the last phase, GWD bosses are level ~650. Corp is significantly easier than the GWD bosses. #logic

It's still very hard to balance but that's why it gets changed so often, as it's hard to find a perfect match.

But it was fine before it was broken again. Statius hammer made Bandos and other sets actually worth it. STOP NERFING STUFF, instead buff the items that are lacking in power. Nerfs always have negative impact and nobody likes them.

About the drops: I rather not add too many skilling supplies. Compared to Runescape, where alot of skilling supply drops are common on high level fights, there are many more low leveled players than the group that kills these bosses. In emps this would cause skilling to go obsolete and crash prices (see bowstrings). On average you still gain value when fighting bosses, as youll have a valued rare drop once in a while anyway. If we increase the overall value of the other 90% of the drops, ppl will stop skilling at all and just kill bosses everyday, causing prices to crash, no more skilling, no more supplies market (as the boss players just use the supplies they get from boss fights) etc etc.

When was the last time you tried to train a buyable skill, like smithing or herblore? There is a lack of herbs + supplies in the market. About bowstrings, you can cut your own logs, fletch some unstringed bows and drop them and get 99 fletching that way faster than buying bowstrings required for 99. Gathering supplies in Emps is as hard as doing so in hardcore ironman mode in RS.

About magic: it's barely viable to use it in pvm, which imo is fine. Might be cool if you could equip one type of runes similar to equipping arrows.

Let's have a combat skill that costs millions of GP to train to 99 and let's make it utterly useless in combat aspect. Yay perfect idea!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:12:13 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Tgod Bro

• Liked: 304 times
  • +0/-0
  • Het echt varkentje
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 01:56:08 pm »
Agreed with every single word you said, i bought my hammer for 70mish and now its useless shit and can't sell it lmfao  :-X
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:50:37 pm by Tgod Bro »

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

Offline Lssj

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 02:07:27 pm »
>buff bandos up
>nerf veracs
>swh decrease update is not a problem, just use seercull special attack, decreases 15% of the monster's attack, defence, strength
>add variety to corporeal beast's drops. So sick of getting junk drops when I spend so much on the supplies and the risk of getting killed entering the cave.
>Corporeal beast is level 750 indeed, it's still harder than the bosses in Godwars
>Rather not add too many skilling supplies ingame; i love otto's reply on this. Getting herbs or buying skilling materials on emps is like playing as a hardcore ironman in runescape. It took me over a week to get the half of ingredients & herbs for 99 herblore that was with players gathering ingredients for me and I had to farm the rest of the herbs myself. And about a rare drop once in a while lol.. Check my 130 Corp kills drop log at achievements section, is there anything I can sell for profit?

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 02:13:27 pm »
>swh decrease update is not a problem, just use seercull special attack, decreases 15% of the monster's attack, defence, strength

Still makes no sense that a 2M bow is better than a 50M hammer.

Offline Callmebaby

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
  • Im saligta from emps scape
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 02:27:37 pm »
Yeah someone12116 i agree with you and heres one message to emps worlds administrators: WHY DID YOU MADE ENEMIES OVERPOWERED????????/

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 06:10:22 pm »
I agree with everything you said, especially the rune pouch as a castle-wars reward.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »
Preach it.

I agree with every single word you say, especially the consistency of the changes being made.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 09:52:26 pm »
Perhaps the fist of guthix "Runes" in runescape's minigame could be obtained somehow?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
Pages: 1