The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Aaron's feedback topic (@_@)
« on: August 17, 2016, 08:24:27 pm »
A lot of new weapons released in the past few updates have come out as useless/near useless, and require some changes to their mechanics to make them viable in more situations.

Abyssal Cannon:

- Currently hits extremely slowly, with a maxhit around 61 in max gear. A dragon bolt or Onyx Bolt can hit just as high in less time. Same with Morrigan's Javelins or Axes. Added onto that, a bow can easily hit two 30's in far less time. The slow attack speed makes it easy to eat out of , (if used in pk), since you can eat three food in the time it takes to get a hit off with it. At this point it's just another nuke weapon that attacks extremely slowly.

- The droprate is horrible. 1\1000 for a weapon that doesn't even hit very high even with max gear and is outclassed by almost every other high-tier ranged weapon is terrible. There aren't even enough in game to be a common weapon in the first place, so nobody really uses it. Add this into the fact that the Abyssal Watchers, along with every other new monster, have a pathetic droptable besides the "special" items, and you get more dead content.

- Suggested fix?
Improve droprate slightly, and buff the speed on the cannon slightly. It's tough to find the right balance, I know, but if you could speed the cannon up just a bit it would be nice. I know the items are supposed to be rare, but making them so rare that nobody has them is just promoting dead content.

Gladiator Maul:

- Great job on this one, minus the totally pathetic droprate and droptables once again. The maul itself is like a more powerful z spear, I like it, it's a nice nuke weapon that can hit pretty nicely and doesn't fail most of the time.

- Suggested fix?
Again, improve droprate a bit, and improve droptables. The most efficient way to kill gladiators is with ice barrage, (which is still annoying because you get constantly pjed) but the amount of supplies they drain in comparison to the drops you get is just terrible.

Vesta's Spear:

- It's terrible. Whatever you did, change it back please. The special attack is utterly weak once again, making it useless.

Vesta's Longsword
 - Nobody uses it anymore. The special attack is just too unreliable to be useful. It has the potential to be amazing, but it just isn't used.

- Suggested fix?
Buff accuracy slightly. Should be enough to make it viable.

Korasi's Sword
 - The special attack is literally pathetic. It has so much potential to be useful but it just never hits. This is mostly caused by every single armor in the game having massive magic defence, but that's a topic for another day.

- Suggested fix?
Just get rid of the "magic damage" effect on it, it's useless to have it in this game with our current combat system. It's pretty cool to have it but with the way our combat system is right now, it just doesn't work.

Obsidian Claws

- Possibly the biggest letdown of all time in terms of new weapons, the obsidian claws had a great idea behind them, and the concept is cool, but the performance is terrible. First of all, obsidian dragons are dead content. This caused by the fact that the claws are useless. Again with terrible droprates, this makes them even more difficult to find a use for.

- Suggested fix?
Again with magic damage. The concept of magic damage on special attacks with melee weapons just doesn't work in this game with our current combat system. Just find a way to make them more accurate and have more range on the special effect.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:47:10 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Leo Jr, Kaarel 123, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron's feedback topic (@_@)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 08:55:35 pm »
The droprates are fine imo. However I'm not satisfied with the droptables of Ice demons and Abyssal watchers.

When it comes to the weapons, I agree with you on the cannon. It's just too slow, also not that accurate. It takes forever to recover from a failed cannonfire. It's not better than dark bow imo, especially considering their current rarities and prices.

Vesta's spear lost its explosiveness with the last rework. Now it's really easy to counter it, since the first 2 hits will tell your opponent if and how much to eat.

Wouldn't mind a small buff for Vls, since it's not that good atm.

I haven't tested korasi after the initial testing when it came out. Also I haven't been able to get my hands on Gladiator maul, but from what I've heard maul is great, while korasi is never used.

The largest problem with obby claws is the fact that it has low range (I think it was 4 steps or something). I personally would mind a slight accuracy boost as well.
I wouldn't also mind increasing its droprate, since it's the only good item on the dragon's droplist.
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 04:33:35 pm »
If your name was Junkz, Thomy would say you are ranting about the game, because we all know Emps is just perfect. It will be only a matter of time until more and more people will criticize the BS that emps has before Thomy starts reacting (or not).

OT:

The drop rates of the specific items seem fine to me, but their power is utterly weak.

Abyssal Cannon: Keep the speed and make it hit up to 70 in max arm. It has no special effect, is as slow as the gladiator maul (or even slower), is a T80 weapon (same as gladiator maul) and it is a 1:1000 drop. Why is it so hard to make this weapon on par with the maul damage wise? Add a firemaking requirement of 80-85 to fire with the cannon because of Thomy and he should be happy.

Gladiator Maul: Buff the accuracy. For me the maul is T80 damage wise and T70 attack bonus wise, which results in the whole weapon being T75. If it had requirements of 75 attack and strenght to equip, I would be happy. But guess what, it has not.

Vesta's Spear:
The Corrupt Vesta's spear could be similar to the Zamorakian Spear (hitting abit more while being way less accurate).
The Vesta's Spear will hit as much as the corrupt version and will be more accurate than the Zamorakian Spear as well. A new special attack will be needed because the current one is so messed up. My idea for the new special attack is that the spear will perform more accurate attack than the normal attack (no damage increasement), while absorbing the next hit taken. The hit you would haven taken (but will not take) will be shown as yellow. The effects of Vengeance and Ring of Recoil will be activated if you get hit while having the one-hit-immunity buff on you e.g. if you have 1 hp on your character and you use the Vesta's Spear special attack while having vengeance activated and the ring of recoil equipped and your oppenent hits you with a 60 afterwards (the yellow hit works like a 1k hp shield where you still can take alot damage even though your actual hp is low), you will take no damage because of your special attack and your enemy gets the full counter of 51 instead (45 from vengeance + 6 from ring of recoil). The special attack will cost 33%.

VLS:
The Corrupt Vesta's Longsword will be hitting less than the Corrupt Vesta's Spear, but you will be able to still hit very accurate and high because of most people having a dragon defender equipped.
The Vesta's Longsword needs a unique special ability to be effective. Maybe you could add the original effect of the dragon spear where the enemy gets "stunned" for three seconds (the same duration as the attack speed of this weapon). During this duration, your oppenent cannot do anything. He cannot move, eat, pray, teleport or hit you. The Special attack will not increase in damage, but only in accuracy. This will be a very popular set-up item for any combo weapon like the armadyl godsword special effect because your enemy will be able to eat 1 food (instead of 2) at the same time you use your special attack. Vesta's Longsword will be also very popular in Duel Arena when special attacks are being enabled since you deal damage without receiving any. The special attack will cost 50%

Korasi's Sword: Way before this item got added I suggested to make it very hard to obtain and make it a trash weapon with a godlike special ability. Effect was supposed to be same as in RS2 where you would hit 50-150% as guarenteed magic damage. This weapon was added in one of the easiest way to obtain with one of worst special attacks to exist. GGWP Thomy. Now it is nearly impossible to fix this item because there are so many korasi's in the game...

Obsidian Claws: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=17646.0

Too bad that most (or even all items) will not see any changes because all I can do is ranting about the game. If I only knew something about this game, then maybe my topics wouldn't be so useless.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 05:13:04 pm »
A lot of new weapons released in the past few updates have come out as useless/near useless, and require some changes to their mechanics to make them viable in more situations.

Abyssal Cannon:

- Currently hits extremely slowly, with a maxhit around 61 in max gear. A dragon bolt or Onyx Bolt can hit just as high in less time. Same with Morrigan's Javelins or Axes. Added onto that, a bow can easily hit two 30's in far less time. The slow attack speed makes it easy to eat out of , (if used in pk), since you can eat three food in the time it takes to get a hit off with it. At this point it's just another nuke weapon that attacks extremely slowly.

- The droprate is horrible. 1\1000 for a weapon that doesn't even hit very high even with max gear and is outclassed by almost every other high-tier ranged weapon is terrible. There aren't even enough in game to be a common weapon in the first place, so nobody really uses it. Add this into the fact that the Abyssal Watchers, along with every other new monster, have a pathetic droptable besides the "special" items, and you get more dead content.

- Suggested fix?
Improve droprate slightly, and buff the speed on the cannon slightly. It's tough to find the right balance, I know, but if you could speed the cannon up just a bit it would be nice. I know the items are supposed to be rare, but making them so rare that nobody has them is just promoting dead content.

Gladiator Maul:

- Great job on this one, minus the totally pathetic droprate and droptables once again. The maul itself is like a more powerful z spear, I like it, it's a nice nuke weapon that can hit pretty nicely and doesn't fail most of the time.

- Suggested fix?
Again, improve droprate a bit, and improve droptables. The most efficient way to kill gladiators is with ice barrage, (which is still annoying because you get constantly pjed) but the amount of supplies they drain in comparison to the drops you get is just terrible.

Vesta's Spear:

- It's terrible. Whatever you did, change it back please. The special attack is utterly weak once again, making it useless.

Vesta's Longsword
 - Nobody uses it anymore. The special attack is just too unreliable to be useful. It has the potential to be amazing, but it just isn't used.

- Suggested fix?
Buff accuracy slightly. Should be enough to make it viable.

Korasi's Sword
 - The special attack is literally pathetic. It has so much potential to be useful but it just never hits. This is mostly caused by every single armor in the game having massive magic defence, but that's a topic for another day.

- Suggested fix?
Just get rid of the "magic damage" effect on it, it's useless to have it in this game with our current combat system. It's pretty cool to have it but with the way our combat system is right now, it just doesn't work.

Obsidian Claws

- Possibly the biggest letdown of all time in terms of new weapons, the obsidian claws had a great idea behind them, and the concept is cool, but the performance is terrible. First of all, obsidian dragons are dead content. This caused by the fact that the claws are useless. Again with terrible droprates, this makes them even more difficult to find a use for.

- Suggested fix?
Again with magic damage. The concept of magic damage on special attacks with melee weapons just doesn't work in this game with our current combat system. Just find a way to make them more accurate and have more range on the special effect.

I can't say anything about the cannon since I didn't try it yet, however when it comes to the gladiator I am against changing its accuracy at all, I've tried it and I can say its much better than zs.
moreover, I am against changing the new items drop rate ( changing the drop rate for the ice shield for example will crash the price which results on crashing the ely ss price as well since both has the same bonuses) <-- this when it comes to keeping it's price a lil bit high so more pvmers will try to get it, in addition to that making it easier to get means people has to spend less time there getting it which will get us to the same situation that happened to Obby dung or whatever its called.

I've tried vesta long sword few days ago when I recorded few pk clips,I don't see why should Thomy increase its accuracy at all
since half of my hits were high enough to get someone killed .

I agree when it comes to Obsidian claws, this thing is just shit af
tried it few times as well and the highest damage I've done was 3

I don't really know how something like Korasi can be fixed, changing its accuracy will make it op cus of the special attack and we already has a lot of this shit in game, we will just have a vesta spear v2

Vesta spear - its not supposed to be op .

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:27:09 am »
I am against changing the new items drop rate ( changing the drop rate for the ice shield for example will crash the price which results on crashing the ely ss price as well since both has the same bonuses) <-- this when it comes to keeping it's price a lil bit high so more pvmers will try to get it, in addition to that making it easier to get means people has to spend less time there getting it which will get us to the same situation that happened to Obby dung or whatever its called.

have you ever tried the ice demons yourself? they are 100% aids to kill and so are the gladiators

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 01:01:35 pm »
Would also like to see more spec weapons being useful in PvM situations. SGS is the only spec weapon anyone should ever use. The cap on how much enemy defence can be reduced makes BGS/SWH only needed on one person even when teaming.

I am against changing the new items drop rate ( changing the drop rate for the ice shield for example will crash the price which results on crashing the ely ss price as well since both has the same bonuses) <-- this when it comes to keeping it's price a lil bit high so more pvmers will try to get it, in addition to that making it easier to get means people has to spend less time there getting it which will get us to the same situation that happened to Obby dung or whatever its called.

have you ever tried the ice demons yourself? they are 100% aids to kill and so are the gladiators

All you literally have to do is move one square once per kill, it' definitely not hard at all. You can kill more ice demons than watchers or gladiators per one trip. If you're using blood spells you don't even need to eat.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:05:36 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 03:51:13 pm »

Yes I did, all you have to do is to keep an eye on them the whole time then you'll know when to move and how to avoid their magic dmg and when it comes to their range dmg, is so damn bad if you're using a high ranged defence with range prayer

Gladiator are a lil bit harder to kill, yet you can do a lot per trip which is enough imo
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:00:24 pm by Magecrune »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 12:12:55 am »
1/1000 droprates are straight cancer

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1