The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
05/10/2015-classic client?
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »
I'm confused right now. The latest "loading screen" update which you can get re-downloading the game, gives you no chance anymore to choose: OpenGL or Classic client. So it means that there won't be classic client in future?

Mary

Re: 05/10/2015-classic client?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »
If your computer supports OpenGl it will automatically switch to OpenGL. If it doesnt it switches to Classic

Please note there is no visual difference between OpenGL and classic: The only change is the performance, it'll generally perform better with opengl if your pc supports it.

If you'd like to have graphical difference, go to the options and play with the settings

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »
If your computer supports OpenGl it will automatically switch to OpenGL. If it doesnt it switches to Classic

Please note there is no visual difference between OpenGL and classic: The only change is the performance, it'll generally perform better with opengl if your pc supports it.

If you'd like to have graphical difference, go to the options and play with the settings
1.Everything is on the lowest. 2. I can't play from 2 clients anymore.  3. And there is visual difference.. My gamer heart and soul can feel it. :( Bring classic back to latest patch. Thank you

Offline Tonto

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
  • Bitter King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:37:29 pm »

1.Everything is on the lowest. 2. I can't play from 2 clients anymore.  3. And there is visual difference.. My gamer heart and soul can feel it. :( Bring classic back to latest patch. Thank you
  • This is a list
  • This is how you use a list
  • OpenGL performance is way better then software rendering, give a chance, it's never good to be stuck in old ways :P
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Icedrags

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 05:38:11 pm »
Go to the settings and switch to software renderer, if you REALLY want to use the classic client. It's highly recommended to use the openGL (hardware renderer) though!

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:04:46 pm »
Go to the settings and switch to software renderer, if you REALLY want to use the classic client. It's highly recommended to use the openGL (hardware renderer) though!
Can you explain software rendering and hardware rendering?

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste

Mary

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 06:38:06 pm »
Can you explain software rendering and hardware rendering?
Software goes through your cpu hardware rendering uses your gpu. Because gpu is optimized for displaying graphics and also contains it's own memory it's generally more performant
Pages: 1