The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Anonimous

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
"Deflate-Gate"
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:18:48 am »
Thoughts on this whole controversy surrounding the New England Patriots?

A lot of this doesn't really add up for me. With what I know, I think the blame should be pinned mostly on the Refs. It's their job to measure them before the game, and if the Patriots did take air out of them, how come the refs who are handling these balls the whole game not noticing and pumping them up at the half? They should have been checking them at that point at least. Then if they did pump them up at half, how come the pressure was down again when they measured a few days later? Are Tom Brady and Bill Belichick telling the truth? Thoughts any NFL fans?

Also... SUPERBOWL PREDICTIONS???
Patriots 24- Seahawks 21

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
Re: "Deflate-Gate"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:22:52 am »
I think it's just nonsense. The balls probably weren't even deflated, it was just something to get everyone rolling about the super bowl. Even if they were... The Indianapolis Colts didn't show up.

My prediction is going to be similar to the Colts Patriots game. The way Seattle played against Green Bay... boy... play that way against the Patriots and they are going to demolish you.

Offline Anonimous

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:27:12 am »
I think it's just nonsense. The balls probably weren't even deflated, it was just something to get everyone rolling about the super bowl. Even if they were... The Indianapolis Colts didn't show up.

My prediction is going to be similar to the Colts Patriots game. The way Seattle played against Green Bay... boy... play that way against the Patriots and they are going to demolish you.
The Colts definitely did not show up to play that game. The Patriots were also just the better team I think. You could be right with that prediction, but I feel like the Seahawks are going to step it up after Green Bay, but they really aren't the same team they were last year... I can't see them stepping it up that much and beating New Enlgland

Offline Chris

• Liked: 158 times
  • +0/-0
  • Supreme Leader of the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:12:19 am »
Being a resident in the New England states, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this (and I'm not even a football fan. In fact, I HATE football).

In all seriousness though, everyone is just looking for anything to hate the Patriots for at this point. They're all just mad that the Patriots are just too good, so every time there's even the slightest suspicion that the Patriots did something, the rest of the USA blows it up like it's a fucking Political Scandal (which is actually an understatement, because Sport Scandals get more attention than Political Scandals).

But it's already been scientifically proven on several occasions that the footballs gradually deflated due to the natural cause of mother nature. If you fill up a ball at room temperature (an average of 74 degrees) and you bring it out into rainy, 56 degree (or below) weather, then it's obviously going to deflate over time.

In all honesty, everyone just needs to shut the fuck up and get over the fact that the Patriots were the better team. Like seriously...there's NFL Players who've committed murder, rape, child abuse, dog fights, domestic abuse, and everyone complains about a 2-pound deflation (WHICH IS ALMOST NOTHING) of a football during a game. Like fuck off, and do something more productive with your life. (This last sentence was not a personal attack to anyone on Emps-World).

My Superbowl prediction: I will enjoy the half-time show, because Katy Perry is a goddess.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:59:19 pm by Chris »

I'm Xxskinney13x
Pages: 1