The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline In10ce

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
New computer
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:50:32 am »
My old laptop died. Now i'm thinking about iMac now? Maybe someone has it? What do you think?

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New computer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 02:41:26 pm »

Buy PC for sure.

Offline Kukuruzas

• Liked: 11 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 09:44:05 am »
Depends , if you want for gaming then buy PC.  Laptop if you travel a lot , and want to watch movies , browse internet and so on.

Offline In10ce

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:15:40 am »
I want to program, model stuff. Use programs like PS, Sony Vegas Pro, C4D, Adobe AE and to be able to vonnect my Wacom tablet. If it could launch league aswell that would be great.

Offline Crazy Joker

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
  • Midnight Marauder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:40:18 pm »
I want to program, model stuff. Use programs like PS, Sony Vegas Pro, C4D, Adobe AE and to be able to vonnect my Wacom tablet. If it could launch league aswell that would be great.
I heard iMac's are great for those kind of things. I've never got the chance to  try it myself though.

Offline In10ce

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 04:43:51 pm »
I heard the same. Thats why im wondering about iMac

Offline Shoabi50

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 12:21:45 pm »
Apple basically makes office hardware so if ur into office stuff like programming etc then get mac

Mod Mary

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 01:31:32 pm »
Don't use a mac if you want to get into using lots of different programs... Especially a lot of modelling programs are not compatible and you're gonna have issues transferring your files/converting files alot! I use lots of different modelling, drawing, audio and game engine programs, and lots of them fuck up with apple, speaking from my own experience.
If you just stick with designing (graphics), then a mac is perfect, but modelling I wouldn't recommend it.

If you get a laptop, i recommend lenovo, if you are going for a desktop PC, then get one with enough RAM (4-8gig) and standalone videocard (not integrated!) to support those programs, as they're gonna need that!

Offline Icywindsoul

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 06:33:40 am »
8 GB RAM for a desktop PC will be pretty good enough. I would suggest going for 16 GB though. Depends on your budget and how you plan to run (eg. Multitasking at the same time).
Pages: 1