The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ristopossu

• Liked: 14 times
  • +0/-0
  • Lurking the streets of Emps since the beginning
    • View Profile
Laptop Stuck on Sleep Mode / GWXUX not responding
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:28:49 am »
Hello my laptop has been getting stuck on sleep mode for almost 2 weeks now. The screen stays blank (black) upon turning it on and this can last anywhere from 1 minute - 30 minutes for the screen to actually turn on. I tried some troubleshoots such as removing the battery which required me to unscrew it off as it is attached to the laptop anyways and unplugged the charger and kept my finger on the power button for 30 seconds and tried putting the charger back on and putting the power on but that didn't work tried again with 60 seconds and 120 seconds but that didn't work also. I tried pressing SHIFT while logging off that didn't work also tried pressing the windows button still nothing. I don't think it could be a hardware problem as it does turn on eventually after I press SHIFT, WINDOWS, ESC, SPACE-BAR, ENTER and every other key and also the power button until it turns on that's the only way I could turn it on.

Also I read about something such as a laptop being suspended but didn't know what it meant I recall pressing a button that said suspend on it recently before this issue occurred but it was like a week later until my laptop started getting stuck in sleep mode, I pressed suspend while I was using Kodi Genesis to try and close the application but my laptop also got suspended and i had to turn it back on but I don't think that this could have affected the issue but it's only thing that comes to mind.

Laptop details: Toshiba s50-b windows 8.1 Satellite core i7

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I get this message every day like 5-10 times..... it's been happening for a few weeks now and it's getting really annoying I tried the troubleshoot I found online but nothing happened ................................ any suggestions cheers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:48:44 am by Ristopossu »
_____Everywhere that I go ain't the same as before___

___People I used to know just don't know me no more_

_____But everywhere that I go I got people I know____

___Who got people they know so I suggest you lay low_

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop Stuck on Sleep Mode / GWXUX not responding
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:12:02 am »
Have you tried a secondary monitor yet? You can just plug in an hdmi into a tv if you dont have an extra

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Ristopossu

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:30:24 am »
Have you tried a secondary monitor yet? You can just plug in an hdmi into a tv if you dont have an extra

I haven't tried a secondary monitor as I know the screen for the laptop is working I am currently using it to make this post now the problem is that it takes 1-30 minutes to actually turn on I have reason to believe it may be suspended as in a deep sleep mode that takes a while too turn on but than again I have no idea as this is the first time something like this happens to me. Iv'e tried spotting a bright lamp light on the screen but there is no logo to be seen so it isn't dead light on the laptop screen

Offline Overlord

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:45:22 pm »
Did you try a proper shut down?

Offline Ristopossu

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 02:31:03 pm »
Did you try a proper shut down?

I tried holding down SHIFT while pressing shut down if that's what you mean, I also tried shutting down with holding down WINDOWS button but that didn't work either I even tried without holding down anything but nothing seems to be working I only pressed them buttons because I was on the phone with Toshiba technical support and they advised me to do so any suggestions?

Pages: 1