The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Tyler

• Liked: 62 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Laptop
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:30:29 pm »
I'm buying a new laptop soon.
Well seeing as I'm in South Korea right now I don't necessarily want to buy a laptop from here... so I'm going to save up and order one online. What's the best site to order off of and what's the best laptop I could get for around 1500-2000?
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 12:32:05 pm »
1500-2000 dollars ???

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds
The following users liked this post: Tyler

Offline Tyler

• Liked: 62 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »
1500-2000 dollars ???

Ye, $1500-2000
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Mary

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:48 pm »
would get one from the asus republic of gamers subbrand

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/192-6410241-8774152?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=asus+rog

try getting one with a 256g ssd but 128 should do fine too, in that case you'll have to install some bigger games on an off-hdd which will slightly impact loading new maps and areas ingame
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »
1500-2000 dollars ???

Ye, $1500-2000
You can get one badass laptop for such price, probably even less O_o

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 07:48:44 pm »
would get one from the asus republic of gamers subbrand

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/192-6410241-8774152?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=asus+rog

try getting one with a 256g ssd but 128 should do fine too, in that case you'll have to install some bigger games on an off-hdd which will slightly impact loading new maps and areas ingame

RoG laptops are beastly. Got one myself and I've been 100% pleased with it.

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »
Alienware M17x or an Asus RoG.

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »
Get a desktop.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 09:08:56 pm »
In any other case I would strongly suggest a desktop, but since you're in Korea it's not wise.

RoG and Alienware are wise choices for gaming laptops, but MSI GT series is good as well. Before you buy one, make sure that it has Nvidia 970M or 980M as a GPU. Anything lower than that won't do.

Mary

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:25:18 pm »
In any other case I would strongly suggest a desktop, but since you're in Korea it's not wise.

RoG and Alienware are wise choices for gaming laptops, but MSI GT series is good as well. Before you buy one, make sure that it has Nvidia 970M or 980M as a GPU. Anything lower than that won't do.
MSI sucks dick. I have a msi gaming laptop and it randomly shut down within warranty period, absolutely unresponsive to anything. Their service sucks dick too, hard to reach, site is bad and not even native language support (and when there is a native language part supported they tell you to write in english either way cuz they cant understand you)

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 09:45:57 pm »

MSI sucks dick. I have a msi gaming laptop and it randomly shut down within warranty period, absolutely unresponsive to anything. Their service sucks dick too, hard to reach, site is bad and not even native language support (and when there is a native language part supported they tell you to write in english either way cuz they cant understand you)
Refund that shit. Doesn't even have to be within the warranty period. When something you bought doesn't have the characteristics as described by the seller you're allowed to rescind the purchase agreement.

Mary

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 11:31:09 pm »

Refund that shit. Doesn't even have to be within the warranty period. When something you bought doesn't have the characteristics as described by the seller you're allowed to rescind the purchase agreement.
Wish i could, i bet their service is like fuck no and what am i to do against it. I've had more problems with this laptop than just this breakdown but this was the last drop that i could endure from MSI.

I sent it in for warranty repair, they gave me an invoice saying 'we're going to replace the keyboard *picture of miniscule rust spot under keyboard* heres a 160eu invoice oh and no warranty cuz this is water damage'  > they didnt even bother to try turn it on (cuz it doesnt fucking turn on) cuz the internal sucks and fried or something
So yeah im having my retailer yell at them for bad service atm and hope they'll actually look at it or i'm fucked (cuz i need the files on the laptop for my exams in 2 weeks)

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 03:43:37 am »

Wish i could, i bet their service is like fuck no and what am i to do against it. I've had more problems with this laptop than just this breakdown but this was the last drop that i could endure from MSI.

I sent it in for warranty repair, they gave me an invoice saying 'we're going to replace the keyboard *picture of miniscule rust spot under keyboard* heres a 160eu invoice oh and no warranty cuz this is water damage'  > they didnt even bother to try turn it on (cuz it doesnt fucking turn on) cuz the internal sucks and fried or something
So yeah im having my retailer yell at them for bad service atm and hope they'll actually look at it or i'm fucked (cuz i need the files on the laptop for my exams in 2 weeks)

I bought my desktop 4 moths before my mother got her laptop, the laptop is already fried, my desktopbaby is still alive and powerful.

Even if you get the top specs laptop it won't be as good as a desktop. You may spend less for laptop and have few advantages initially(like comfortable to bring wherever you want) but those will be just a memory within a year or so.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Mary

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 09:32:56 am »
Its obligatory for my college to have a high spec laptop.. and no i dont get one free. I haven't been to college since it broke cuz i cant do anything without it.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 10:23:15 am »
Beershake, why do you keep posting about desktop PCs? Tyler is dispatched to Korea (he's in military) and it's obvious why it has to laptop.
Yes desktops have better performance, but laptops have evolved since Nvidia's maxwell GPU's, which offer similar performance to their desktop counterparts. So my point is, that the difference is not that large anymore.
Pages: 1 2