The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Keyboard stuff...
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:30:45 am »
Ok, so... I have always had a faulty keyboard on my laptop because I spilled tea on it around 1 year ago. Recently, my backspace button has stopped working and I was wondering if there is any way I can change default keystrokes on my laptop so I can use backspace again by pressing a different key.

If you need my laptop info, here it is...

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard stuff...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 06:46:27 am »
You could always use the on-screen keyboard?

Or I found a website here for you telling you how to do it

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/missing-key-remap-fix-keyboard-layout/
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 07:15:49 am »
You are the biggest life saver!
The following users liked this post: Skelon

Mary

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 07:19:14 am »
Or buy and click in a new one for 15$?

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:36 am »
Or buy and click in a new one for 15$?
Then how is he supposed to pay for new vapes ??????????????????????????????????????? think before you speak mary

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

The following users liked this post: Jonneh, Joshiee, Drugs, Freestuffyay

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:45 am »
This could easily be fixed by using AutoHotkey.
https://autohotkey.com/

The reason I recommend it is because it's easy to learn and it'll allow you to fix a lot of other problems and annoyances when you run into them.

To make one key work as another key, all you need to do is type "Key1::Key2" (without quotes) in a text file and save it with the extension ".ahk" and run it with Autohotkey.
For example:
Code: [Select]
Insert::BackspaceMakes the insert key work as backspace. (capitalization is important)
If you want to use another key, you only need to change "Insert" to the key you want to use, save the file and run it.
Here's the documentation page for how to remap keys: https://autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm
But it really is just typing one key, two colons and the other key.
For a list of how to represent other keys see here: https://autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

If you need to use the key that you assigned as backspace then all you need to do is right click on the AutoHotkey icon of the script in system tray and pause the script so that pressing the key wouldn't trigger backspace. Once you're done, unpause the script and it'll work as backspace again.

If you want to start the script when you turn on your laptop then either move the file itself or create a shortcut to it and move the shortcut to the startup folder, that you can access by pressing Win+R, typing in "%appdata%" (without quotes), pressing enter and navigating to "\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" in the appdata folder.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 01:18:35 pm »
buy.a.new.keyboard
The following users liked this post: Jonneh, Il Pk I, Joshiee, Drugs, Suryoyo K0
Pages: 1