The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Got some virus that I've been unable to get rid of
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:14:39 pm »
It's nothing too terrible, it just opens random tabs etc. when browsing on chrome and shit. I've tried to remove it with chrome clean up tool, windows defender and McAfee. All the programs have spotted it but after trying to remove the virus with each one it still haven't gone anywhere but none of the programs can find it anymore.

wat do

Mary

Re: Got some virus that I've been unable to get rid of
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »
do you know the exact link that opens the tabs? for example 'admaker'

you can also try ccleaner and removing your cookies/installing a fresh chrome profile while removing any chrome addons that you dont need/dont know what they do
or reinstall chrome

if it was only recently installed and none of these options work just go back to a previous recovery point of windows

Offline Gold2m

• Liked: 11 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:02:09 pm »
I guess you can try tracking down its service or the program that it is inside and disable it @ boot via system configuration.

I had the same problem and ended up with formating the computer.

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 05:27:08 pm »
I'm no expert on the subject, but it sounds like something that adwcleaner might help with.
https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
I've used adwcleaner to get rid of stuff that change the homepage, add toolbars and stuff like that, so I know that it works for that. Not sure if it also deals with this kind of stuff but you can give it a try anyway. Not like you'd lose anything from trying it.

Otherwise either check the link that it opens and google it, check for suspicious processes under task manager and google them or check for suspicious extensions in chrome and google those. I've usually found any problems I've had like that. Also google for whatever these anti-virus software came up with.

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »
It's malware.
Use malwarebytes,adwcleaner,roguekiller,....
all of them are freeware
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:25:37 pm by Fireblast12 »

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Pages: 1