The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
CPU
« on: September 24, 2014, 06:20:11 am »
My CPU usage is normal ~50% but it goes to max (100) when playing emps "playing".
Technically I can't even play cause eventually It would shut the computer down.

Is it a hardware problem?At home with my home wi-fi I could play emps with lower usage, can't be internet tho.
My laptop is overheating a lot also, maybe it needs a thermal paste or something?

Virtual memory in general is fine, running normally.

Ventilation/Overheating/Thermal paste?

I'm running a SimCleaner atm to see if it works, but in general if it doesn't it's most likely poor ventilation or CPU overheating right ..?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:22:20 am by Drugs »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: CPU
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 05:08:02 pm »
If you're sure your CPU is overheating you might want to buy thermal pad that is made for laptops. You can downlaod free programs to see your CPU temperatures.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:20:31 pm »
If you're sure your CPU is overheating you might want to buy thermal pad that is made for laptops. You can downlaod free programs to see your CPU temperatures.
It's not overheating at home though, and CPU usage is not as high. Maybe it gives too much power through the charger at my school

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:40:45 pm »
Uh are you using different charger at school? Should be between 12V and 19V I think.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »
Uh are you using different charger at school? Should be between 12V and 19V I think.
F-this I quit school and got thermal paste at home (lock)
Pages: 1