The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
App Development for two Platforms.
« on: November 06, 2014, 04:38:15 am »
I'm currently sorting out a few ideas of mine and I've got a dilemma.

I want to design an App for both Android and IOS, and also keep a native interface for it. However as I've so far seen there's seems two ways to go about this, which is either use a Development platforms such as PhoneGap and build a Webapp, or I'd have to make the App both separately on for IOS and Android using separate development platforms. The first option reduces the quality a lot by what I've seen and the second option seems much to complicated and a waste of time.

So I need any ideas on a development Platform to use which could develop Apps for two separate platforms however still maintain a decent quality standard to it. I've heard Ruby on Rails is good but don't know to much about it so would be good to hear any opinions. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:40:03 am by Ahrim Ghost »
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Utter Chaos

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: App Development for two Platforms.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 07:34:33 pm »
I've had this same problem and have also heard Ruby on Rails and phone gap. Another suggestion would be to use html 5. There isn't really an easy way to do this without learning a new language of some sort.

Try checking out this site: https://www.udemy.com/blog/cross-platform-mobile-development/
Pages: 1