The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Christian

• Liked: 6 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
*POSSIBLY* New computer
« on: October 25, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »
I'm in the process of putting together a new PC for myself since my old one is getting a bit.. old..
Any improvements that wont make it sky rocket in price? Maybe another place to buy it, idk.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:37:24 pm by Christian »

Offline Justin Bieber

• +0/-0
  • HR- Manager Of Emps-World
    • View Profile
Re: *POSSIBLY* New computer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:38:38 pm »
you dont need i7-4th gen lmfao :D
i5- 4th gen and you have already saved a lot of money, and it will be more than good enough unless you are going to hack NASA
Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them again on your way back down.

Fate [10|Dec 01:31 am]:   It's an unsettling moment when Even knows the rules better than a staff member.

Offline Christian

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:41:34 pm »
i5- 4th gen and you have already saved a lot of money, and it will be more than good enough unless you are going to hack NASA
Indeed, a whopping 50 euros!

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »
can't tell if sarcasm or not

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Christian

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:44:53 pm »
can't tell if sarcasm or not
Very sarcastic, it's only a 50 euros difference.

Offline Arc

• Liked: 78 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 11:26:25 am »
Z chipset motherboard, non K series CPU. ???

Kingston V300 uses synchronous NAND which is slower than asynchronous NAND, go for something like a Samsung 840 Evo or Crucial M550.

That case... just ewww. Extremely limited in terms of cable management, horrific drive mounting and just ugly. Take a look at the Fractal R4 or Corsair 200R.

Offline Christian

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 11:41:56 am »
Any suggestions to change/fix that? I'm not an expert on computers to say the least.

Kingston V300 uses synchronous NAND which is slower than asynchronous NAND, go for something like a Samsung 840 Evo or Crucial M550.
I'll keep that in mind and change it out! :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Offline Arc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »

If you think you'd be comfortable with overclocking, then a 4790k or 4770k for the CPU. Otherwise try looking around at H87 motherboards, you'll usually be able to find them for a lower price or better quality than a same price Z87 board. Maybe take a look at the Gigabyte H87 HD3, it's literally just the H87 board of the one in your list at the moment. :)

Offline Christian

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »

If you think you'd be comfortable with overclocking, then a 4790k or 4770k for the CPU. Otherwise try looking around at H87 motherboards, you'll usually be able to find them for a lower price or better quality than a same price Z87 board. Maybe take a look at the Gigabyte H87 HD3, it's literally just the H87 board of the one in your list at the moment. :)

What do you think of this? :)

Offline Mrrange

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »
Nice setup Christian.
I don't have much to say about it.. i would personally get enermax liquidtech 240mm water cooler, however then u might not be able to fit it into ur case.
If you are going to overclock ur cpu and stuff, then get Gold certified PSU, and if u wont be getting 2cnd graphics card in the future, 750W is a bit of overkill. Get 550/600W psu then.
But if u are, then get 750/800W gold/platinum psu, enermax/seasonic/forton, however forton aurum gold psu would be one of the best choices.
Rest of the setup seems fine.

Offline Arc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 07:22:56 pm »

Looks good :)

Offline Christian

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 08:52:47 pm »

Looks good :)
Now another question, do you know any good place (Website) to put together the PC?
Cheap good quality. :)

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 10:27:22 pm »
Just incase if you are intrested in putting your computer together by yourself, watch CareyHolzman on youtube, i could watch him for hours and not get bored.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
Pages: 1