The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Mattthu

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nothing here
    • View Profile
As a mercher myself, loving the GE updates. <3 As mentioned before, glory(t) was bad change, using it to upgrade from fury. It was at perfect place before.

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
Loving the ctrl+click dropping option! Keep it up.
You even know whos idea it was?
Yeah, someone from the osrs community.
Exactly

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Change to brews is fucking retarded and Glory (t) was garbage enough as it was. The hell is this.

As a mercher myself, loving the GE updates. <3 As mentioned before, glory(t) was bad change, using it to upgrade from fury. It was at perfect place before.

On average your profits are decreased since price you're selling items at is no longer the price you're going to get. It's less in most cases.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Change to brews is fucking retarded and Glory (t) was garbage enough as it was. The hell is this.

On average your profits are decreased since price you're selling items at is no longer the price you're going to get. It's less in most cases.

No. It will be greater equals the price you're asking for. Depending on the buy offer it can be a little bit more or a lot more than your offer.
The following users liked this post: Mattthu

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

No. It will be greater equals the price you're asking for. Depending on the buy offer it can be a little bit more or a lot more than your offer.

That's my bad, but I still do not get the potion changes. Why make already existing content useless just to make room for new content that only replaces the old content without adding anything new. Yes, we got OVLs at the expense of brews and super potions becoming useless in combat. That's 7 newly useless potions just to add a single new 1 into the game. The old super potions would have been weaker than the OVL so I see no need for the nerf. And how come Glory (t) was not supposed to be an straight upgrade to Fury even though it has been so for god knows how many years?

All this sounds oddly similar to when God bows were nerfed just so elemental bows would be a little bit more relevant although both of them are still shit for 2-handed weapons.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Crusher123, Martin, S Clegane

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
so drinking sara pots shouldn't affect me while I'm using overload right?

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The selling price is no longer the price that will be paid. You're now charged by the average of the buy and sell offer. This means that if I buy an abyssal whip for 2m and somebody sells it for 1m, it will cost me 1.5m and the seller will also get 1.5m ((2 + 1) / 2 = 1.5). This system ensures more fairness towards sellers and will no longer result in hesitations for sales.
I don't see how this helps anyone other than people, who forget to press k or m while typing the selling price and post the offer without realizing it, those people would at least be getting half of the money they could've gotten.
Sellers who are desperate for money, will try out different values anyway, so it makes no difference for them.
Buyers who are desperate for items and are willing to overpay, will however get screwed over every time, so I can only see this having a negative effect as people will more hesitant to buy items in GE, which is bad not only for them but also for people who are collecting those items in hopes of selling them.

I can see this further decreasing the demand for items in the market, which was already too low.

Also if I'm selling a ton of a certain item, let's say coals for 1.9k ea and people buy them 2k ea (which they probably would if they did some math to estimate how much the coals that they need would cost them, as they would've likely rounded the price to 2k in those calculations), then it doesn't really make sense for the price to not be 1.9k when the best buy offer and the best sell offer are matched, because if the price balances at 1950 gp then people trying to sell them for 1950 gp would never sell a single one, because my 1.9k is better than their 1950 gp, so GE would be misleading them about the price that they should use on their offers.
If on the other hand the price was always my price, 1.9k and GE price and the GE market watch thing on the homepage would show that, then someone wanting to sell their coals could sell them for 1.8k or 1,899 gp as then they would know that they could expect to actually sell their coals, without being confused about whether there's no demand or whether all the transactions going on are between people selling for 1.9k and people buying for 2k.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
Very nice, keep it up Thomy.

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
That's my bad, but I still do not get the potion changes. Why make already existing content useless just to make room for new content that only replaces the old content without adding anything new. Yes, we got OVLs at the expense of brews and super potions becoming useless in combat. That's 7 newly useless potions just to add a single new 1 into the game. The old super potions would have been weaker than the OVL so I see no need for the nerf. And how come Glory (t) was not supposed to be an straight upgrade to Fury even though it has been so for god knows how many years?

All this sounds oddly similar to when God bows were nerfed just so elemental bows would be a little bit more relevant although both of them are still shit for 2-handed weapons.

Glory (t) gives the highest accuracy bonus and fury gives the highest defence bonus. My aim with these buffs and nerfs is to not place items in spots where they are straight up useless (in this case amulet of fury). Super potions were increasing your levels to 118. I don't find a gap of 2 levels fair for an overload potion? The nerf was necessary in order to be able to create extreme and overload potions. Of course I could have just increased the gap to 125, but due to levels having a quadratic impact on accuracy and max hit calculations, combat power would have been too strong. I've also copied RS values for potions in this patch to make sure it's balanced.

I don't see how this helps anyone other than people, who forget to press k or m while typing the selling price and post the offer without realizing it, those people would at least be getting half of the money they could've gotten.
Sellers who are desperate for money, will try out different values anyway, so it makes no difference for them.
Buyers who are desperate for items and are willing to overpay, will however get screwed over every time, so I can only see this having a negative effect as people will more hesitant to buy items in GE, which is bad not only for them but also for people who are collecting those items in hopes of selling them.

I can see this further decreasing the demand for items in the market, which was already too low.

Also if I'm selling a ton of a certain item, let's say coals for 1.9k ea and people buy them 2k ea (which they probably would if they did some math to estimate how much the coals that they need would cost them, as they would've likely rounded the price to 2k in those calculations), then it doesn't really make sense for the price to not be 1.9k when the best buy offer and the best sell offer are matched, because if the price balances at 1950 gp then people trying to sell them for 1950 gp would never sell a single one, because my 1.9k is better than their 1950 gp, so GE would be misleading them about the price that they should use on their offers.
If on the other hand the price was always my price, 1.9k and GE price and the GE market watch thing on the homepage would show that, then someone wanting to sell their coals could sell them for 1.8k or 1,899 gp as then they would know that they could expect to actually sell their coals, without being confused about whether there's no demand or whether all the transactions going on are between people selling for 1.9k and people buying for 2k.

It does help quite a lot, because it avoids some kind of market manipulation you've described in your reply. The change also ensures that high buy offers and low sell offers are matched earlier. It's true that the buyer now has a larger disadvantage than before the update. The price advantage is now evenly distributed between the buyer and seller (both getting 50% of the price difference). Imho that is a much fairer system than always putting the seller at a disadvantage when a higher price could be arranged. And thus promoting more sales because you don't need to worry that much about your price being too low.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:14:41 pm by Thomy »

Offline Ucantbeatme

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
that potion update is the worst what i`ve ever seen, GJ pking going worse again.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
that potion update is the worst what i`ve ever seen, GJ pking going worse again.
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?action=post;board=22.0

Go ahead and write feedback. If you're capable of it, that is.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

Glory (t) gives the highest accuracy bonus and fury gives the highest defence bonus. My aim with these buffs and nerfs is to not place items in spots where they are straight up useless (in this case amulet of fury). Super potions were increasing your levels to 118. I don't find a gap of 2 levels fair for an overload potion?

You can also carry over twice the number of healing with OVLs AND keep the boosted stats without having to constantly restore them. That's the main advantage of them since the boost renews itself. That's why some people wanted to see OVLs in the game without having any stats advantages over super potions. I would also like to remind that OVLs were completely disabled in Wilderness back in Pre-EoC Runescape. They are that powerful. 90 herblore is a necessity for pures now. I wonder how many PKers are fond of training that on multiple accounts now lol.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Topic updated with Herblore changes of today. Brews and supers have been reverted to their original state.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hunter experience rates have been reduced by roughly 30%. This should've already been in the patch yesterday, but I forgot to update it. Hunter was being trained a little too fast.
What the actual fuck?

I spent the entire day hunting yesterday, from about midday to 2am. I used dxp for two hours. I gained about 16.8m exp. Let's disregard that I used double dxp for simplicity's sake. I spent 14 hours hunting grenwalls and you mean to tell me that gaining under 2m exp/h is too fast? The vast majority of skills offer exp rates way higher than that. The early levels for hunter were already not the greatest, I think most people will agree that hunter kind of sucks until you get to swamp lizards. Why would you go and make that 30% slower?

The only content that hunter has are salamanders, chins and grenwalls. You don't exactly see people do hunter for anything other than just going straight for 99, with this nerf it comes closer to being like thieving and agility. That's something I would not want. Usually when you nerf a skill's exp rate into the earth's core there's a manner of compensation (runecrafting) but this is completely absent as well.
;
The following users liked this post: Iownu5xbetr, Earl

Offline Iownu5xbetr

• Liked: 29 times
  • +0/-0
  • *Always #1* : Respect. Loyalty. Family.
    • View Profile
Hunter experience rates have been reduced by roughly 30%. This should've already been in the patch yesterday, but I forgot to update it. Hunter was being trained a little too fast.
What the actual fuck?

I spent the entire day hunting yesterday, from about midday to 2am. I used dxp for two hours. I gained about 16.8m exp. Let's disregard that I used double dxp for simplicity's sake. I spent 14 hours hunting grenwalls and you mean to tell me that gaining under 2m exp/h is too fast? The vast majority of skills offer exp rates way higher than that. The early levels for hunter were already not the greatest, I think most people will agree that hunter kind of sucks until you get to swamp lizards. Why would you go and make that 30% slower?

The only content that hunter has are salamanders, chins and grenwalls. You don't exactly see people do hunter for anything other than just going straight for 99, with this nerf it comes closer to being like thieving and agility. That's something I would not want. Usually when you nerf a skill's exp rate into the earth's core there's a manner of compensation (runecrafting) but this is completely absent as well.
I agree with charr on this one, a little bit over 2m an hour in exp isn't really alot at all.
In Real Life Name: Jake
In Game Username: Iownu5xbetr
XxX Proud Emps-Scape Player Since Summer 2009 XxX
xXx If You Need Any Help Send Me Pm In Game or Forums xXx

*  Thread In Off-Topic Coming Soon For My Truck's Future and Past Updates (:  *

All Truck Mods, Upgrades, and Restoration Pictures:
https://gyazo.com/collections/42aea246670ceeb4fc35cd7edbadb6ca
Pages: 1 2 3