The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

The Invention update of last month is looking really good. Thanks for all the intense testing and bug reporting, it's really been helpful for me. I've adjusted a few aura charges here and there but I think the overall balancing of the skill should be fine now. This update mainly consists of fixes and usability improvements throughout the game.

Activity Scores
Several scores for bossing activities have been added to the Highscores page: https://emps-world.net/hiscores#skill,Nex,0
I've also reworked the skill and activity selection menu to improve usability and make it easier to select a single skill or activity. I will be adding more highscores for various activities and minigames as well as add selectors for given timespans, e.g.: top top scores for current week / month. Let me know what you think!

PvP ELO Decay
All Rune PvP ranks will now decay when not having fought an opponent within the past 7 days. The decay is 5% of the total ELO and cannot bring you below Rune I rank. This check is done daily in the morning (6:00 AM server time) and aims at bringing more activity for the top spots. Once your ELO has decayed it cannot decay again for another 7 days.

Game fixes / changes:
  • Silk can now be used to remove poison from weapons and ammo.
  • Artefact drops in hardmodes (GWD) are now broadcasted.
  • Looting bag can now be bought for 20k blood coins. It holds up to 24 items and can only be filled inside the wilderness.
  • Upgraded elemental whips, bows and staves now have 50,000 maximum charges instead of 40,000.
  • Hardmode bosses now count as boss Slayer task.
  • Hardmode boss HP has been increased and their minion's HP has been decreased. This doesn't increase difficulty much but enforces you to encounter and play their attack mechanics instead of hitting minions after the fight.
  • Lunar spells have been integrated into the magic casting system. Meaning that you can queue up to 1 spell (similar to normal magicks / ancients) and can no longer overlap spells with other combat actions. The only exception for this casting system is the Vengeance spell on yourself. It can always and instantly be activated.
  • Blue & black wizard robes can now be deconstructed for Robe energy.
  • The dialogues for spirit outside of Revenants cave have been updated.
  • The maximum charges for all poison auras have been increased by 100% (2k --> 4k charges for deflect). Poison purge and heal auras now both have 2k charges.
  • WildyWyrm will now drop items for the top 2 damage dealers.
  • Multiple glacors will no longer start attacking you when using their special attack twice in a row. The attack animation for their special attack was also sped up to avoid animations not showing for a later attack.
  • K'ril animations are now always cancelling each other out resulting in every attack animation always showing initially.
  • The map loading part for Construction has been rewritten to solve a few bugs that can occur when you teleport to your house while another map is already loading. There is now also a limit (7 seconds) for being invisible to others while the map is loading. This invisibility timer (was always in the game) only kicks in when rendering a new player, so people won't just be gone when the map loader starts.
  • Chronozon can now be instanced and drops items for the top 2 damage dealers.
  • Boss kill requirements for Completionist cape have been fixed. Kill counts over 100 counted for other bosses too.
  • Commander Zilyana hardmode now properly drops the Saradomin artefact.
  • The ban / mute tool has been updated to improve usability.
  • The clan chat "Emps-World" is now shown as "Emps" in the chatbox to preserve space for longer chat messages.

Engine fixes / changes:
  • The "Empty" option for items is now prioritized when holding down SHIFT or CTRL.
  • The drop model for gladiator maul is no longer invisible.
  • The positioning for battle robe, armadyl and bandos gloves has been improved. Please bear in mind that it won't be perfect for every weapon because their model doesn't have a 100% accurate animation skin. So not every animation can properly rotate them.
  • Fog calculations have been updated to properly work under water and at map edges.
  • Head icons & particles now share opacity of their parent model. Meaning that they become invisible when the player or npc model becomes invisible too. Health bars and values are always shown and are not affected by this update.
  • Loading floor tiles is now limited and will affect the fps rate less when new regions are fading in.
  • Sliders have been added for certain Game Settings:

The light-green buttons are slider elements that offer more customization for their setting. I've also added a chat height option which allows you to change the amount of rendered chat rows. UI scaling code was also reworked and will work a little smoother.
  • Improvements to textures have been made. A few gradient textures leaving artifacts due to incorrect UV coordinates were removed from clothing. I've also fixed a bug that could leave invalid UV textures when changing equipment that would not change your character's triangle count. That is highly unlikely but it could still happen. The color and texture combination code was also rewritten to improve visual quality for floors.
  • Some engine core code that handles entity movement, entity overlay and camera rotations has been rewritten. It has been moved into the rendering process and is aligned with the fps rate. That results in smoother camera and entity movements. It should also fix rare encounters where entity positions were wrong.
  • Timestamps within the chatbox can now be activated. The time format is automatically selected depending on your computer's language settings. It should be the same as your windows setting.
  • The chatbox can now fully be hidden by clicking a tab twice.
  • Server time has been added next to the online players counter.
  • Ban messages are now properly shown again.
  • Losing connection to the game no longer forces the game to reload the map. The reconnect screen has also been updated.
  • Ankous and Nechryaels now drop noted unicorn horns. You are no longer forced to kill those mythical creatures for their horn dust!

I'll now be focusing on an invention patch #2 and more hardmodes to offer similar upgradeable equipment the Invention skill already offers. That includes Fight Caves 2 with new fire capes as reward. :)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:35:48 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Hi Im Ethan, Emps Loover, Namnori, Rotanas, Ironsuomi, Mellen Gi

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
first

thx, great update

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Tulrak
Pages: 1