The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates November 28th - Fight Caves Hard Mode
« on: November 28, 2019, 09:21:31 am »
Hey guys,

This update is mainly aimed at a single player experience. I've added a hard mode version of the Fight Caves offering you new monsters to battle and new best-in-slot obtainable lava capes. There has also been an overhaul of in-game projectiles and their timers as well as some bugfixes.

Fight Caves Hard Mode
A more difficult version of the Fight Caves have been added. You can try the Fight Caves hard mode after having completed the normal Fight Caves version at least once. Don't worry, previous Fight Caves completions also count so you are likely to be able to immediately try out the hard mode. The foes follow a purple color scheme and are stronger versions of their Fight Caves variants. Upon successful completion of the minigame you are rewarded one of 3 new lava capes. The color is chosen by dealing most damage with a certain combat style:
  • Orange lava cape: melee version
  • Green lava cape: range version
  • Purple lava cape: magic version
  • Blue lava cape: Combine the 3 capes above
The final boss also has a pet variation. You may turn in any lava cape for a 1 in 50 chance to obtain the pet. With this update the dialogues of Tzhaar-Mej-Kah have been updated depending on your progression state through the Fight Caves. You can ask him about the Blue lava cape as well as for the new pet.

Projectile Timers
I've found a bug in the code that was calculating the timings of projectiles: flying arrows, magic spells, etc. Instead of coming up with some nasty fix I decided to rewrite the projectile timing calculation system. Firing arrows or casting spells in combination with finishing graphics and hit splats will now look smoother. Please bear in mind that it may not be 100% identical to the system before because this one focuses on correct animation timing. This change is purely visual and has no impact on your damage or accuracy. What has changed is the ability to time magic / range attacks with melee attacks better. It's a little bit easier (1-2 ticks depending on distance) to stack damage onto your enemy. I have also removed the fixed hit delay for barrage spells and Zuriel's staff. The delay now depends on the distance between you and your opponent.

Game fixes / changes:
  • Infernal mages now properly show in the Kill logs Slayer category and have a level requirement for them to be killed.
  • Jad now spawns 4 healers when at half hp. The magic and range attacks are now also alternating a fixed amount of time: 2 mage attacks, 2 range attacks, 2 mage attacks, etc.
  • Firecape equip requirements have been updated. You now need to have completed the Fight Caves at least once to equip the Fire cape. It can still be traded and previous completions also count.
  • The healer in obsidian caves is now a TzHaar.
  • Dragon claws can now be noted.
  • Kal'ger flight animation has been fixed - there will be no more teleporting back. His ranged attack has also received a sound.
  • Completionist cape now requires the completion of Fight Caves normal and hard mode.
  • The Halloween event has once been disabled again. You can still spend your skulls throughout the year though.

Engine fixes / changes:
  • Head icons now scale with the distance they are away from the screen in 3d space. You will find close head icons to be larger and distant ones smaller. Health bars / values and spoken texts are unaffected by this change.
  • The textures of Ancient Caves whirlpool near Rimmington are no longer invisible.

I feel like the hard mode system is a good way to revive old content and add another layer of difficulty for veterans. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see more hard mode variations for bosses and other minigames or monsters?

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:26:57 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Dokas5000, Hostage, Mikeelvis, Namnori, Cahit, Rotanas, The Return

Offline Cahit

• Liked: 229 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Updates November 28th - Fight Caves Hard Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 10:35:55 am »
Great update Thomy, well done!

The 3 demon bosses (Yk, Har & Kal) without a hardmode is a challenge itself for almost every casual pvmer but a hardmode would make them even more challenging. To make that possible, we need to have them deliver a nice reward and for that I'd suggest making them drop demon defender parts from each one of the 3 bosses. This would give their hardmode a meaning and would be the only way of obtaining the best in slot defender.

I believe Nex should definitely have a hardmode since it's the most unique boss in the game and would be fun to try out as well.

Also looking forward to see new bosses in the wilderness with some slayer wildy involvement.

Thank you for all the hard work.
Player Moderator since January 16th 2019
Game Moderator since March 13th 2019
Player Administrator since April 13th 2019
Resigned since September 11th 2019
The following users liked this post: Mikeelvis, Namnori, Mellen Gi
Pages: 1