The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates - May 24th 2016 - A new pet!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »
Nothing average joe will recognize, but still better than nothing  :P

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 02:00:01 pm »
So far so good. keep going!

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 02:54:10 pm »
Nice updates, Thomy!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 06:46:14 pm »
Will done, Thomy what about Kbd, Gwd, Zamorak, Kree'arra Pets?
the god generals are humanoid, i'm not looking to create humanoid pets. Maybe if theres some kind of idea of followers (think a tiny demon baby imp etc for kril, a cute bird-ish for kree) ill think about it, but for now i have no original ideas
I dont want to follow osrs (and several other private servers) for just downscaled versions of generals, the corp baby was custom modeled while keeping the original corp in mind, but if you compare them they are very different.
Okay i need the model of it :P

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Mary

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 07:38:42 pm »
the god generals are humanoid, i'm not looking to create humanoid pets. Maybe if theres some kind of idea of followers (think a tiny demon baby imp etc for kril, a cute bird-ish for kree) ill think about it, but for now i have no original ideas
I dont want to follow osrs (and several other private servers) for just downscaled versions of generals, the corp baby was custom modeled while keeping the original corp in mind, but if you compare them they are very different.
download any cache dump version with godwars dungeon in it, look up the npc id and the model id of each general, look it up in cache there you go

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:29 pm »
Great updates, Thomy.

Thanks!

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 04:58:42 am »
Thank you thomy for these great updates, but i found out that the tele-grab magic spell dosent work; i lost my fire cape, my fury, my dfs, my d boots, my dragon full helm, dragon platebody and whip from bandos boss, i went to the dungeon without killing 10 minions first, i thought o could telegrab but sadly it dident work and it was to late to mill 10 minions so my stuff just disapeared , but its ok i kust hope telegrab will work in the future

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 05:29:06 am »
thanks for the update, and ty for the pet mary <3
btw, imp for zammy boss ;)

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 05:43:00 am »
Thank you thomy for these great updates, but i found out that the tele-grab magic spell dosent work; i lost my fire cape, my fury, my dfs, my d boots, my dragon full helm, dragon platebody and whip from bandos boss, i went to the dungeon without killing 10 minions first, i thought o could telegrab but sadly it dident work and it was to late to mill 10 minions so my stuff just disapeared , but its ok i kust hope telegrab will work in the future

Tele-grab has never been in this game. Also it wouldn't work through that door, you would still have to get 10 killcount, so you could enter.
Here's a small explanation why there's no telegrab (yet).
tele grab wont come for a while due to complications with timers when picking up. theres custom code that determines how close an item is to you and when it is picked up, if you cannot reach it within one square itll pick it up anyway
with telegrab theres lots of dupes with the custom code possible which will be spaghetti to remake for such a small feature (you can grab it and someone else can pick it up at the same time> item doubled)
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 08:14:55 am »
Best updates I have ever seen. The new new pet! OMG!!!

EDIT:

Emps was known as a pk server and it had probably the greatest pk community back then.

Meanwhile emps is going down the drain and all you care about is adding new useless content such as pets and cosmetic items where literally everyone knows why they got added. Do you think it is not obvious? What will the community think of you when they find out who really is in control of the game?

Lars, one of the most honorable and most experienced emps players of all time is showing you the obvious flaws and mistakes that are in the wilderness and you just ignore him. But I somehow understand it. Why listen to somebody who doesn't earn you any money, right?

This was by far the best server I have ever played until you fucked it up by letting other people control you.

Well, fuck that. Atleast emps currency is still worth something.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:07:46 am by Eddie1408 »
The following users liked this post: Knights, Suryoyo K0, Yaz, Sir Rambo, Blue Bird

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 10:17:24 am »
Best updates I have ever seen. The new new pet! OMG!!!

EDIT:

Emps was known as a pk server and it had probably the greatest pk community back then.

Meanwhile emps is going down the drain and all you care about is adding new useless content such as pets and cosmetic items where literally everyone knows why they got added. Do you think it is not obvious? What will the community think of you when they find out who really is in control of the game?

Lars, one of the most honorable and most experienced emps players of all time is showing you the obvious flaws and mistakes that are in the wilderness and you just ignore him. But I somehow understand it. Why listen to somebody who doesn't earn you any money, right?

This was by far the best server I have ever played until you fucked it up by letting other people control you.

Well, fuck that. Atleast emps currency is still worth something.

I think you're missing a really big point here. I'm thankful for feedback and suggestions, but in the end I have to consider everything and forge a decision of that I think the game profits most from. I understand that you find it frustrating that your suggestions don't directly find their way into the game, but in all honesty, that cannot surprise you too much? In the end I have to make that decision. I thank you for your suggestions in the past, they've been really good criticism. Though, if this is only going to end up in a rant of you being dissatisfied with the decisions I make or the updates that are implemented, then there is no point for me to keep on reading it. I'm thankful for constructive criticism, but rant is just leading nowhere. Thanks I guess.

On-topic: Thanks for the positive comments, I appreciate it! :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:20:29 am by Thomy »

Mary

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 10:35:47 am »
adding new (and especially cosmetic) content is a lot less harder to balance than Pk updates, that immediately receive negative feedback about overbuffing or nerfing something (remember d claws tweaks)
moreover new content is usually more welcoming than tweaks to already existing content, especially when you have to be careful about overbuffing or barely tweaking it (first one leading to inbalance, second leading to almost none to zero interest in these updates)

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:02 am »
download any cache dump version with godwars dungeon in it, look up the npc id and the model id of each general, look it up in cache there you go
Well i got the ints for Corporeal beast and the pet, its almost the same, only the Anims for them... :)
This is what i got ingame :p

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:03:20 am by Helpmeplease »

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 11:03:33 am »
adding new (and especially cosmetic) content is a lot less harder to balance than Pk updates, that immediately receive negative feedback about overbuffing or nerfing something (remember d claws tweaks)
moreover new content is usually more welcoming than tweaks to already existing content, especially when you have to be careful about overbuffing or barely tweaking it (first one leading to inbalance, second leading to almost none to zero interest in these updates)

That is easy for you to say. I mean, why would you not defend your own stuff, like cosmetics or kbd armour and that pet shit.
Afterall, it's your income everymonth. Your livingbread. You can almost describe it as a baby that gets her titmilk from her mother.
There is no way you are gonna talk bad about your own stuff. But this isn't a real update that's necessary.

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 11:05:50 am »

doesn't it mean that the existing content was already implemented the wrong way and/or rushed into the game without thinking about the results and whether its a "balanced" update?

Unfortunately I was not active when most of the updates happened (d claws, tradable void, defenders, etc.)

The following users liked this post: Knights
Pages: 1 2 3