The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Matacd

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
thomy i wanna be mod cause i help peoples ask the staff team about me

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
May your dream come true someday.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
The following users liked this post: Matacd

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile

Now you just gotta pass the elementary school English lessons and you're basically there.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Matacd, Zudikas95187, 3st Ranger X

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
Updates quite good, but it would be nice if you could see the total value of a bank somewhere, it would be good for people who have large banks, and too lazy to calculate :)

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Updates quite good, but it would be nice if you could see the total value of a bank somewhere, it would be good for people who have large banks, and too lazy to calculate :)

I'm pretty sure that Java couldn't be able to handle values larger than 2,147,483,647 so a total wealth evaluator would be useless especially for the richest of the rich ???

Because in RS ''If the value of items displayed in the Price Checker window exceeds a certain value (2^31-1) then all that will be displayed is '----'. This is due to the fact that RuneScape uses a 32-bit integer to display the value.'' - http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Price_Checker
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:30:05 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that Java couldn't be able to handle values larger than 2,147,483,647 so a total wealth evaluator would be useless especially for the richest of the rich ???

That's not limited to Java. It comes from an Integer being 32 Bits large. One bit is reserved for the number's sign, so you're left with 2^31 possible values. That's exactly 2,147,483,648. Since the 0 counts to positive numbers, it will go up to 2,147,483,647. Calculating your total bank's value of course wouldn't happen with an Integer, it would be done using a Long. That has 64 Bits and thus 2^63-1 possible positive values. The same calculation is also applied to the Grand Exchange or the Price Checker. The actual calculation logic is already there. ;)
The following users liked this post: Mary, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

That's not limited to Java. It comes from an Integer being 32 Bits large. One bit is reserved for the number's sign, so you're left with 2^31 possible values. That's exactly 2,147,483,648. Since the 0 counts to positive numbers, it will go up to 2,147,483,647. Calculating your total bank's value of course wouldn't happen with an Integer, it would be done using a Long. That has 64 Bits and thus 2^63-1 possible positive values. The same calculation is also applied to the Grand Exchange or the Price Checker. The actual calculation logic is already there. ;)

So RS is just using some peasant way of calculating wealth on the price checker ???

Offline Di Dot

• +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile

so its possible to do it or no?

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile

So RS is just using some peasant way of calculating wealth on the price checker ???

Calculating the actual value isn't that big of a deal. Though getting all the prices involves a large system. :)

Everything's possible. :)
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Di Dot

• +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile

So do it then, a lot of people gave a positive feedback and are looking forward for it to be implemented in to the game. I suggested this before but the suggestion was overlooked. I guess I have to be player moderator at least so my suggestion would be taken in to consideration.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile

So do it then, a lot of people gave a positive feedback and are looking forward for it to be implemented in to the game. I suggested this before but the suggestion was overlooked. I guess I have to be player moderator at least so my suggestion would be taken in to consideration.

That doesn't affect your suggestion finding its way into the game. In the very end it boils down to me liking the idea, finding it useful and then having some spare time to get it coded. :)

Offline Di Dot

• +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile

That doesn't affect your suggestion finding its way into the game. In the very end it boils down to me liking the idea, finding it useful and then having some spare time to get it coded. :)

Seems its pointless, say straigth that its hard to do... better abyssal staves and bows, hd water...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:28:26 am by Di Dot »

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Seems its pointless, say straigth that its hard to do... better abyssal staves and bows, hd water...

Yes, abyssal staves/bows and hd water has been scheduled before your suggestion. Why? Because I decided it to have a higher priority for the current patch. I'm sorry, but a suggestion is a suggestion and not workload that is put on my workspace.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:30:17 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile

With this kind of behavior your idea might never see the light

you just suggest something, try to convince him with your suggestion and then your job is done
" I have to be player moderator at least so my suggestion would be taken into consideration " who the fuck said this ? pal you better visit a doctor afterall

O-T  - good update, I actually liked both new items, eventho i don't like the idea of adding more " so called " - dead content -to the game however we had a lot of fun getting em which is perfect.
the new client is also great, good job.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

Quit being a dick. A single developer simply cannot work on two things at once.
The following users liked this post: Ameer
Pages: 1 2 3