The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

In this update I've improved some older Construction code and added two new rooms: Menagerie and Costume room. There's also a rework for the hit and healing splat system offering better visuals during combat. Last but not least you can buy 7 new dyes for your endgame gear.

Restricted Area Visibility
Rendering Distance allowed you to see anything on the map, even if certain areas wouldn't make sense being rendered next to each other. This happened often in dungeons or minigames. A good example of this would be the Fight Caves where you could see some swampy areas on the south end. I've added border boxes that won't allow you seeing outside of certain areas. Please bear in mind this update isn't working for every dungeon that there is! I will be adding new areas with every patch. Also feel free to report places where it'd make sense!

More Dyes
I've added 7 new dyes that work the same way as Barrow, Blood, Third-age and Shadow dyes. They can be purchased for 800EC each and are usable on a variety of endgame gear. It's now also possible to use the 4 existing dyes on Ragefire, Glaiven and Steadfast boots/gloves. Hovering over dyes in-game will tell you what items exactly can be colored. Below's an example of how all new dyes will look like:

Please bear in mind that you require one dye per item and once used the dye is destroyed! You can however clean your items to get them back into their original state. Items must be fully repaired for the dye and clean process. Please let me know what you think about that system! It's been suggested on Discord a few weeks ago and was greatly welcomed. I am planning to have more of these dyes as rare boss drops from potential hard modes, what do you think?

Construction: New Rooms
I've added two new rooms to the Construction skill: Menagerie (level 38) and Costume room (level 48).

The Menagerie stores pets and allows them to walk in your house. It's only possible to add and take pets during construction mode due to technical limitations. Pets will also only appear and walk through your home when construction mode is disabled.

The Costume room allows you to build 6 different storage containers:
Armour case: melee armours
Fancy dress box: holiday items such as santa costume, chicken outfit, zombie outfit, ghostly, etc.
Magical wardrobe: range armours and magic robes.
Toybox: party hats, halloween masks, bunny ears, donator items, etc.
Treasures: rewards from clue scrolls
Cape rack: capes

Adding multiple Menageries or Costume rooms does not create new storage containers for pets or items! You can build as many of the new rooms as you like but they will function as one and the same room everywhere.

Hit Splat and Healing System
I've received reports in the past that the hit and healing system wasn't always 100% accurate. Meaning that in some cases the health value shown above your player would not be the same as your health orb. I've linked the HP orb, skill stats interface and HP above head of your player, so that they can only show a single value. I've also rewritten the hit and healing system. It will now treat any hit or heal as damage splat. Heals have priority and will also be queued up when happening in the same game tick. Meaning that clicking a Saradomin brew and Manta ray in quick succession will give you a 39 heal splat instead of 23 and 16. Hits can be delayed a few cycles depending on how much damage is being done.

Helpdesk Mobile Layout
It's now easier to view the Helpdesk on phones. I've rewritten some CSS rules to give it a responsive design. Some buttons and menus may not look perfect depending on the smartphone's size but overall the Helpdesk will be use and readable

Pest Control Adjustments
I've heard your feedback and am adjusting a few issues with the minigame:
  • Brawlers stun duration is shorter and their attack speed was increased.
  • Splatter damage was nerfed by 50%.
  • An issue was fixed where one player could appear on the wrong height resulting in all NPCs missing.

Game fixes / changes:
  • A bug was fixed that could get you stuck in POH when attempting to teleport around the map edges.
  • Teleports now have cooldowns until their animations are finished. It's no longer possible to stack teleports on top of each other when spam clicking spells.
  • Changing certain render distances no longer scrambles your position and forces you to relog.
  • Furnace in obsidian caves is now working.
  • Render distance now has a larger impact on visible npcs and players outside the wilderness. Generally speaking you will see more entities as before.
  • Rest in Pieces quest can now be completed again. It was possible to get the game stuck in thinking the Legs were picked up by everyone.
  • The amount of magic notepaper bought in the Emps-Wars ticket exchange was increased from 1 to 3 per ticket. You can now also buy magic notepaper in the Events Point store at a rate of 5 magic notepapers per EP.
  • Projectile hits being further away than 64 steps or on a different height than yours can no longer hit you. This change was introduced to avoid being hit after teleporting or escaping a boss room successfully.
  • Spectral equipment can no longer be traded in noted form.
  • Battle robes now count as Zamorak equipment and Staff of light as Saradomin equipment for npc aggression in the GWD.
  • Burrow animations for wyrms has been updated. It now shows the burrowed version traveling. The travel time is depending on the distance to the new location and Wyrms have a chance (25% wildy wyrm, 12% others) to target players currently attacking them.
  • The construction add room code has completely been rewritten. You can now build all rooms from a single interface. This change was done to support more rooms in the future. I've also started to work on clipping configs inside houses but didn't come too far yet. The aim is to get Construction ready for a Menagerie allowing you to have pets inside houses.
  • People can now only join your house when they can see you online. Meaning that putting private chat off or to friends will allow nobody or only your friends to enter.
  • Both the rune bag and quiver now store up to 4 items for non-members and 12 for members. This should make it easier to keep most of your runes and ammo in secondary inventories.
  • The Menagerie, Garden and Formal Garden can now only be built on ground floor.
  • Extreme potions, super prayer and super antifires can now be traded.
  • Larger houses now load significantly faster.
  • Vampyre blood can now be used to recharge Vyrewatch necklace (b) at any time.
  • Restore pool and potions now remove skill orb times once a stat is successfully restored.

Engine fixes / changes:
  • The code to determine text and head icon height has been optimized. It's no longer taking the weapon but only the player head into consideration.
  • Staff of light recolors, descriptions and names have been fixed.
  • Several wall decoration placements (wrong rotation) have been fixed.
  • An issue with aligning the same type of ground items to the floor has been fixed.
  • The bag interface (rune bag, quiver, looting bag, energie bag, etc.) has been updated. It now supports an infinite amount of items and dynamically adds a scrollbar if needed. I've also updated the interface's clicking areas making it easier to close it by clicking on terrain. This is a technical change and won't give your bag items infinite space!

What do you think of expansions on skills such as the 2 new rooms for Construction? There is a great topic suggesting new things for various skills: https://emps-world.net/forum/suggestions-ideas/few-skilling-ideas/?~22031

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:14:56 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Hi Im Ethan, Namnori, Rotanas, Ironsuomi, Mellen Gi, Sacai

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
This looks like a good update Thomy!
The following users liked this post: Thomy
Pages: 1