The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Today's update is a collection of many smaller changes and adjustments. I've focused on adding more content to existing areas and making those feel more alive. There's also improvements for Agility and new food to be fished and consumed. The main focus of those changes was the wilderness.

Wilderness Changes
I've changed the target switching delay for PvP zones from 5 seconds to 8 seconds plus your weapon's current attack speed. It shouldn't be possible for multiple people to take turns on attacking you in single combat zones. This timer is immediately reduced to 2.5 seconds whenever the player you are fighting can no longer be seen. This includes death, teleports, running too far away, etc. The rendering distance for NPCs inside the wilderness has also been changed to be the same as everywhere else. You can still only see players a maximum of 20 tiles away though.

Several areas have been improved:
  • Lava Maze: new monsters, Agility shortcuts and an underground area was added.
  • Lava Maze Underground: greater demons and black dragons can be found here.
  • Rogue's Castle: a farmer and a master farmer have been added to the first floor.
  • Bandit Camp: bandit spawns have been added
  • Dark Knight Fortress: Npc spawns have been added to the castle. There's also elite dark warrior versions that are much stronger and drop better items.
  • Chaos Altar & Chaos Temple: You can now offer bones to all altars. However the two altars in wilderness are giving additional experience rates. The Chaos altar gives 400% xp per offered bone and the Chaos temple altar gives 250%
  • Northern wilderness underground: monsters have been added and 4 fishing spots for lava eels.
  • Lost Spirits: a new area has been named and added. For now there's Spirit scorpions and fishing spots for Fury sharks. See the Fishing section below for more details.
  • Pirate's hideout: few pirates have joined the hideout.

Disconnect Handling
The way the game handles disconnects has been changed. Closing the game client and actually disconnecting now result in roughly the same time required before your character fully logs out. Before this change closing the game would slightly be faster because the game could detect an immediate interruption sooner than a timeout. The game marks a player as disconnected when not receiving at least one response in 10 seconds. Don't worry, the game client automatically says hi to the game server every 2.5 seconds, this system does not require any user input! When detecting such a disconnect the game subtracts 10 seconds from the in combat timer (should you be in combat) and tries to log you out. The subtraction takes place because we already know at this point that a player couldn't respond for 10 seconds! This subtraction is a change to the system that was used before. When outside of the wilderness you shouldn't be online for longer than 10 seconds when losing connection to the game or closing the game client. Inside the wilderness it's a maximum of 20 seconds when being in combat. Any disconnects that happen outside of being in combat are instant. This wait timer exists to avoid people from trying to escape deaths while also making sure that actually disconnecting from the game isn't punished too hard.

Yk'Lagor
I've talked to various players and identified a few issues with the boss. One of them being that you can just have lucky RNG when a mage freezes you and the boss hits his special attack on you. I've given the minions, Necro archer and Necrolord fixed attack rotations. Every fourth attack will be a "special attack". This should remove some of the randomness of the fight and also give you enough time to properly taunt or kill spawns. I've also decreased his leap damage a bit and added some delay so that receiving combos after failing a mechanic isn't that punishing.

NPC Aggression Code
I've changed the aggression code for non-boss npcs. Their aggression range has slightly been reduced and they also stop following you once a certain amount of distance is between you and the npc. The target switching delay for npcs has been reduced to 1 second plus its attack timer. That means if you are running away from an npc and it cannot attack you, another npc can attack you quicker than before. This change was made that npcs aren't idle for too long when you're passing by or running away. Bear in mind that this doesn't affect bossing at all! It makes target switches initiated by npc aggression likelier and gives you less aggression immunity from npcs.

Agility Shortcuts
I've reworked the Agility skill interface and added reasonable level requirements for Agility arenas. There's now also a Shortcuts section that shows you all shortcuts available with their respective level requirement. All shortcuts can also be found on the worldmap with their respective level requirement.

Fishing & Cooking
I've added some new fishes that can also be cooked on higher levels:
  • Karambwanji: can be fished in Brimhaven and stack in your inventory.
  • Karambwan: can also be fished in Brimhaven and requires a Karambwan vessel with loaded Karambwanji. The vessel is dropped by pirates or can be found somewhere in Brimhaven. Karambwan can be cooked in two different styles: Fully cooked and poisonous. Eating a fully cooked Karambwan has a shorter delay for your next attack and can be eaten directly after other food. It is possible to combo heal more than 50 in a single tick. Following example heals for 54 in one tick: eat a Shark, Karambwan and drink zip of Saradomin brew.
  • Lava eel: can be fished at several areas in the wilderness and stack in your inventory. You need an oily fishing rod and fishing bait to catch them. An oily fishing rod can be made by applying blamish oil onto it. You can create this oil by using snail carcasses with a pestle and mortar while having an empty vial in your inventory.
  • Fury shark: can be fished in the north-eastern part of the wilderness and require Lava eels. The healing has also been increased from 25 to 28.
In the next update I will further expand on fishing and cooking variations with Cavefish and Rocktails. They will allow you to "overheal" and give you a new maximum HP stat. Rocktails have also already been added to a few droptables so you can already try it out. ;)

Game fixes / changes:
  • Ice shield has been reworked to only work on magical spells instead of every freeze. It's supposed to be a direct counter to the ice crown and it interfered with a few mechanics that applied minor freezes from non-magical sources.
  • Higher tier logs can now be crafted into more arrow shards.
  • A few issues with slayer task names have been fixed.
  • Runecrafting pouches will now automatically be used when crafting runes. You no longer need to empty them.
  • Saradomin strike now correctly drains prayer points again.
  • The shop value of God swords has been decreased to 1,830k so that they are no longer protected over Demon weaponry
  • Grand Exchange messages now only appear when there's items or coins available to be collected.
  • Brutal green dragons can no longer be assigned as a Slayer task. You are free to kill them when being on a Green dragon task though.
  • The animations of Kolodion have been updated. They have been slowed down a lot to properly make him act like a large and not a small spider.
  • A banker has been added to the northern part of Brimhaven.
  • Fury sharks have been removed from all drop tables and were replaced by other items of similar value.
  • The cooking guild just north-west of the Grand Exchange how has a working bank booth including a banker.
  • Aubury now recharges all Glories in your inventory.
  • The target dummy that can be built in the games room in POH can now be activated and attacked. It yields no exp. but shows dps and max hits.
  • Warrior, beserker, seer and archer ring can now be noted.
  • Check-charges and Clean options have been added to dyed items.
  • The prayer altar in Rimmington is working again.
  • The Monster Kill Logs for Bosses and Slayer are now exhaustive, meaning that all monsters are shown no matter the amount of kills you have.

Engine fixes / changes:
  • The color picker interface has received a few fixes and a little rework. Your current color selection is now immediately shown on the comp cape model inside the interface. There was also a bug where some overlay of the color picker wasn't shown correctly.
  • There is now a boss respawn timer for instances. There were also changes to the kill score calculation which is now started once one NPC out of the instance is attacked or becoming aggressive towards a player. Moreover, an instance is only eligible for a Hiscores entry if the player group doesn't change during the fight and doesn't exceed a maximum of 4 participants. If you don't get a kill score message your kill won't count for Hiscores.
  • The amount of pieces worn of an item set is now shown when hovering over items in the equipment interface. This makes it easier to see if a set effect is currently active or not. For now this works with all Barrow sets, PvP sets and Void equipment.

I hope you're enjoying this update. Please let me know what you think of new target switching (pj) delay. Also, what do you think of the improvements that happened to wildy areas and Brimhaven? Would you like to see more of those?

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:40:24 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Hugo Terwiss, Bluestorm, Mattthu, Hostage, Helmaos

Offline Killerman123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hay Thomy,

I found a bug that seems to have  originated from this updated. When I am in a multi-combat area such as the Abyssal demons area in ancient caves and I use a magic spell that hits multiple monster the game lags and consciously disconnects. I was specifically using my Zuriel's staff on the Abyssal Demons when this occurred. Furthermore, I also noticed that the monster models in the area were jittery. When I changed my graphics setting this problem went away but I just wanted to mention it as something I have noticed. Lastly, I talked to some other players in the clan chat about this issue and they were also having the same problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope I explained the problem accurately.

Sincerely,
Killerman123     

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hay Thomy,

I found a bug that seems to have  originated from this updated. When I am in a multi-combat area such as the Abyssal demons area in ancient caves and I use a magic spell that hits multiple monster the game lags and consciously disconnects. I was specifically using my Zuriel's staff on the Abyssal Demons when this occurred. Furthermore, I also noticed that the monster models in the area were jittery. When I changed my graphics setting this problem went away but I just wanted to mention it as something I have noticed. Lastly, I talked to some other players in the clan chat about this issue and they were also having the same problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope I explained the problem accurately.

Sincerely,
Killerman123     

Thanks a lot! The issue has been reported a few times already and is fixed by the time I am writing this post. :) It had to do with a check failing for magic multi hitting spells.
Pages: 1