The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Today's update brings the Giant mole and a rework of the King Black Dragon. Both offer hardmodes, unique collectibles and new pets! There have also been changes to Yk'Lagor and Har'Lakk to make their fights more convenient. Our Double Experience Weekend is now also officially ending. I am sorry for it being a bit chaotic, but I hope you still had fun. :)

Boss Mechanic Updates
I've updated the boss mechanics of Har'Lakk and Yk'Lagor. Their combat behaviour remains untouched but they now have a fixed rotation of attacks. So that you always know what special mechanic or attack rotation will occur:
  • Har'Lakk: Every third attack is a special attack which is different for every phase. The last phase is a rotation of all special attacks.
  • Yk'Lagor: Every fourth attack is a special attack which is different for every phase. The last phase is a rotation of all special attacks. There is also a new jump attack that leaves a thunder cross at the target location.
This change doesn't make Demon bosses easier nor more difficult but more convenient to battle. Knowing what attacks are to be expected doesn't increase the skill level for kills but can increase your kills per trip once you remember every attack and phase. I think that giving bosses a fixed rotation of attacks is a better approach instead of them randomly doing attacks. What do you think?

King Black Dragon
There is now a little lava pond before the King Black Dragon lair. It requires level 20 Agility to cross and offers the ability to create instances. I've also added a hardmode for an additional challenge. You can get a Magic dragon stone that upgrades a Granite maul to a Dragon maul. Its special attack let's you attack again in quick succession, similar to the Granite maul. Every King Black Dragon kill also rewards you with 1-2 Black dragon scales. They can be used to create Super antifire potions offering higher protection and duration than normal antifire potions.

Giant Mole
You can now click Mole hills in Falador park to enter the Giant Mole underground area. It is a medium level boss and isn't supposed to be very difficult. If you'd like a little bit more of a challenge you can try the hardmode. You can exchange mole skin, claws and nose for Bird nests by using them on Sir Tiffy Cashien. He can be found on a bench in Falador park, just outside of the Giant Mole entrance.

Invention Deconstruction Energies
Some high level Invention items weren't giving a lot of basic energy (blacksmith, woodwork and clothing) types. I have changed the formula that calculates basic energy drops and applied it to all items that can be deconstructed. The aim was to increase energy drops for higher level items. So that deconstructing items with higher value becomes a bit more worthwhile. You can click the Invention skill interface to have a look at the changes or visit the wiki page, which will be updated shortly: https://emps-world.net/wiki/Invention

Emps Server Services
This is only internal and technical changes, but for those interested continue reading. I've changed the way emps is started / stopped on the linux machine. It's now registered as service and supports updates directly from git as well as graceful shutdowns. I can also tell the service to install itself on a new machine. This makes maintenance and switching servers in the future easier, more convenient and safer. Also deploying updates is now automated instead of having to copy all the files manually.

Game fixes / changes:
  • The logout delay (when closing client or disconnecting) in the wilderness has been changed from 15 to 20 seconds.
  • A graphical issue in the Fight caves when fighting level 360 mages has been fixed.
  • Using noted herbs on the Tool Leprechaun no longer deletes them.
  • A bugged silver rock has been fixed in the area north of Al-Kharid
  • High alch prices are no longer changing after shopping.
  • A few issues within the Asgarnian and Glacor dungeons have been fixed.
  • Wilderness lever animation has been updated and fixed.
  • Shantay pass now needs to be clicked and can no longer be walked through.
  • Three new Agility shortcuts have been added to the Lava Maze and Red Dragon Isle inside the wilderness.
  • A teleport animation bug was fixed when the new map being loaded wasn't far away.
  • Wedding has been renamed to Entrana. There are now also monks in Port Sarim that allow you to travel to and return from Entrana.
  • All seasonal reward items (hammers & ceremonial swords) now scale up to level 70 and have the attack speed of scimitars.
  • A bug with spawns not appearing on the correct position at Pest Control was fixed.
  • Vyrewatch amulet can now properly be charged again with 1,000 Vampire blood.
  • You now get random bird nests while Woodcutting instead of Crushed nests. You can turn them into Crushed nests by looting whatever you find and then using a Pestle and Mortar on the empty nest.
  • Your progress in-game is now auto-saved every 30 minutes.

Engine fixes / changes:
  • Text sharpness for UI scaling on 1080p monitors has been improved.
  • The minimap viewer now properly opens with your position centered on all screen sizes.

Please let me know what you think of the new Demon bosses, as well as the Giant mole and the King Black Dragon hardmodes. Are fixed attack rotations better than random ones? If you enjoy such mechanics I can also re-design the GWD hardmodes to follow similar patterns.

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:34:53 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Skillz Purez, Est Mauler, Rotanas

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
As long as i can still kill harlakk / yk lagor with 2-3 accs im happy
The following users liked this post: Helmaos

Offline Panda Iron

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Well done,i like this update nice

Offline Relentless1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi!

The update seems good with the addition of HM KBD and instance for KBD.

However, the changes to YK Lagor and and Harlakk did make the boss more difficult and with the slow decline in the everyday population of the server as well as with fewer and fewer people wanting to do end-game bosses, it just makes it more difficult for us who still want to camp them. Meaning that people (that want to help others to fill up a team) who used to know how to kill the bosses now die more frequently, which brings down their motivation and they will not bother to re-learn it again, making the bosses impossible to do for the small minority.

Could it be possible to revert them back to the previous version?

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Good work!
As always  8)

Offline Skillz Purez

• Liked: 486 times
  • +0/-0
  • What defies us is how well we rise after falling.
    • View Profile
Hi!

The update seems good with the addition of HM KBD and instance for KBD.

However, the changes to YK Lagor and and Harlakk did make the boss more difficult and with the slow decline in the everyday population of the server as well as with fewer and fewer people wanting to do end-game bosses, it just makes it more difficult for us who still want to camp them. Meaning that people (that want to help others to fill up a team) who used to know how to kill the bosses now die more frequently, which brings down their motivation and they will not bother to re-learn it again, making the bosses impossible to do for the small minority.

Could it be possible to revert them back to the previous version?
The changes actually made them both easier??  ??? ??? ???
You don't even give it a shot, trying to learn the new mechanic, Harlakk more or less is the same, YK Lagor is alot easier to kill when you know what he does??
Not any boss needs to be a kbd or mole that you kill and may as well just fall asleep.
Orb and wand are also most likely the cheapest demon items in the game so if you don't have the brains to learn the boss, skip the camp and buy the items,

Other than that, very neat changes, well done!
(Thanks Bluestorm for the sexy siggy)
Pages: 1