The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates April 1st 2017 - Construction
« on: March 25, 2017, 11:59:13 am »
Hello everybody!

It's finally there, Construction!! I hope you didn't come here expecting it would be an April's fool? It's not! ;) This update has taken quite a while and the finishing touches have taken a bit. I don't want to talk too much about how to train the skill, because our wiki page has already been prepared:
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Construction
Oh yeah, most important: Using a hammer on any furniture removes it!

Materials
There's several materials you'll need for building your home. All of the materials for Constructions can be found in or around Rimmington:
  • Planks: Can be obtained by going to the Sawmill operator in Rimmington (west part) or by using the Make Plank spell from the Lunar spell book.
  • Limestone bricks: You can mine limestones and cut them with a chisel in the northern part of Rimmington, around the dungeon entrance. The stonemason in Rimmington also sells small amounts of Limestone bricks.
  • Cloth and Gold leaf: Sawmill operator.
  • Marble and Magic stone: Stonemason.
  • Gardening supplies: Any plants you want to have in your home can be bought from the Gardener in Rimmington. She is directly west of the house portal. The items in her shop are ordered by the level required to place them in your house.
  • Paintings and Maps: You can buy all kinds of paintings and maps for decorating your home from King Percival, who can be found in the White knights castle in Falador. King Percival also sells Skillcapes.
  • Slayer trophies: There is a 1 in 1000 chance to obtain those while killing specific monsters.
  • Fishing trophies: There is a 1 in 1000 chance to obtain those while fishing specific fishes.

Altars and Prayer Experience Rates
Altars give up to 250% prayer experience for offered bones. On top of that, every lit burner (no matter which one) gives additional 50% bonus experience. Resulting in a maximum of 350% prayer experience per bone that is offered at an altar. Now though, the base experience rates of burying bones need some adjustments:
  • Frost dragon bones: 1875 --> 1275
  • Dragon bones: 600 --> 490
  • Wyvern bones: 525 --> 480
  • Dagannoth bones: 500 --> 440
  • Baby dragon bones: 400 --> 300
  • Burnt bones: 350 --> 250
  • Big bones: 220 --> 190
Please bear in mind that the gilded altar can give up to 350% experience, so this isn't a tough nerf at all. In the end, you can still gain Prayer levels much faster than before! Other altars with 2 lit burners already give at least a 200% experience boosts. So using any altar is already better than the old experience rates.

House Activities
There's several things you can do inside your house. Not everything is fully configured, because certain things would require quite a lot of time to develop while giving no real content. A good example for this is the games room. You can build everything in it, but the games don't work. There's a lot of other useful stuff to discover in Construction, such as: Prayer altars, crafting teletabs, teleport rooms, throne rooms, etc. I'll just let you find it out. :)

Other changes and fixes:
  • Barrow chest now has a 10% chance to reward you with either a hard or elite clue scroll.
  • Game settings interface has completely been overhauled. Settings are now divided into categories and the interface supports a large mode, just like bank interface, price checker, etc.
  • We now have a more natural, blue sky. The fog color and distance calculations were also changed with this update.
  • Improvements in object picking code. Especially slower computers will feel this.
  • Thanking posts was turned into Liking posts. It makes much more sense to like a post instead of thanking it.
  • Pest Control now only requires 2 players to start the game. Before the update 5 players were required.
  • The way draws during duels is handled was updated. You should no longer find yourself winning or losing in an obvious draw.
  • Golden mining outfit can now be bought from the Star sprite (shooting star).
  • Various versions of Duellist's caps can be bought from the Brimhaven Agility arena ticket shop now.
  • Drop chances of elemental crystals increased for Tormented Demons.
  • Humidify spell updated. It now applies water to all items in your inventory. You can also make softclay with Humidify.
  • Make Plank spell added. It now transforms multiple logs into planks.
  • There is now a closer banker to Obsidian dragons.
  • Teletabs can now be created in houses and have thus been removed from the wizard's drop table.

I hope you have a lot of fun building your own house. This has really taken a while to develop and I would also like to thank following people for helping me in doing so:
  • Jonneh -  for the initial base of the skill. It really helped me get a good understanding of how it's supposed to work and your Room configuration system is a really good way of doing it. Thank you!
  • Charr - You've really helped me collect many room configurations. Thank you.
  • Jp - Also been a real help with configuring rooms. Thank you.
  • And everyone else who has tested Construction in world 3. I hope there won't be too many bugs in it.

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:34:41 am by Thomy »

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates April 1st 2017 - Construction
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:38:17 am »
:pogchamp: :pogchamp: :pogchamp: :pogchamp: :pogchamp:
#exkneesocks

Offline Iron F

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:38:37 am »
eoc now pls Kappa

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:39:52 am »
Drop chances of elemental crystals increased for Tormented Demons.
Mvp change in this update

Great work on construction :) Was interesting to follow the development progress.

Offline Tumemust

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Living young, wild & free!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:26 am »
Helly yeah!!! great updates! :)

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 09:30:04 am »
Great update #DAMN !@:#E

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 09:52:36 am »
:coolstorybob:

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 11:20:37 am »
  • Jonneh -  for the initial base of the skill. It really helped me get a good understanding of how it's supposed to work and your Room configuration system is a really good way of doing it. Thank you!

:pogchamp:

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 02:06:47 pm »
Inb4 Durial321 joins server

But wow amazing update thomy really happy with this
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 05:07:48 pm »
THANK MR JONNER FOR CONSTRUCTION

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 07:26:21 pm »
Sooooo... Any cool houses yet to show-off? :P

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 07:29:46 pm »

No cuz demotivated by the fact that some ''special'' people were able to train 99 in 1 hour also with a cheap price tag and of course nobody bothered to announce that the price of some supplies was going to increase by 2000%.
The following users liked this post: Ralphe10, Tomtim1, Str8att7, Ameer

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
I have a pretty good one, name is Jp

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 04:24:19 am »
Thanks for the great update Thomy, I'd like to see construction on the daily tasks.
The following users liked this post: Martin

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 06:45:58 am »

No cuz demotivated by the fact that some ''special'' people were able to train 99 in 1 hour also with a cheap price tag and of course nobody bothered to announce that the price of some supplies was going to increase by 2000%.

It was mentioned nowhere that prices would change. Some people prepared weeks for the release. I don't necessarily find this unfair.
Pages: 1 2 3