The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Cahit

• Liked: 229 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Wilderness Slayer Master & New Bosses
« on: March 27, 2019, 06:20:19 pm »
Hello everyone!
As the title suggests, I would like to share with you this idea of introducing a new slayer master that assigns wilderness tasks only together with a bunch of new bosses.
You might think that we don't have that many monsters/bosses in the wilderness aside from revenants, spectrals, gulegas, wildywyrm, chaos elemental and some other monsters such as dragons, zombies and skeletons.
However, with this new slayer master there will be newly added wilderness bosses and monsters to cope up with the slayer tasks the player will get. I feel like the wilderness map is so huge and almost feels empty that we could take advantage of that by adding new bosses and monsters in different locations around the wilderness.

Back to the main core of the topic. Why would the player choose to take tasks from this slayer master called The Reaper
Well, completing tasks in the wilderness should be rewarding and for that the player will gain extra slayer points. Secondly, we could add new slayer items to the shop that could benefit the player while slaying in the wilderness.
*Feel free to discuss what items* Maybe even introduce a new slayer tab with unlockables such as extending a task more than the limit. For example, some tasks can only be extended to 8 kills as maximum. With this new unlockable method you could learn to extend your tasks even more. Many more unlockables could be added of course, this is just an example.

- The Reaper (Wilderness slayer master)
Assigns wilderness tasks only

As for wilderness bosses and monsters. There are plenty of ideas and suggestions. Here are some that were suggested by the community in-game 

Zulrah
Can be harmed with Range and magic attacks. It is also reachable with a halberd/spear. Has 3 different phases/mechanics and inflicts poison damage that can stack up to 10+.
Drops could be scales (similar to vyrewatch blood) that can be used to recharge the new blowpipe/bow/staff/dagger or a new helmet. Drops can be further discussed/altered.
This is just a layout for this idea.
Could be introduced through a new quest or by having a specific required slayer level in order to be killed.

Callisto
A fierce bear found in the wilderness able to knock players out for 3 seconds and can deal high amount of damage. Barrows armour such as veracs and torags can be effective against him. Together with a group of friends or strangers you can take him down and get the chance to receive new rings/scrolls, maybe an amulet that boosts the barrow armour set effect? or a new pet. *Drops can be discussed*

Xallisto
(Emps version of Callisto)
I found a model that currently exists in-game which could be replaced instead of that old version.

Feel free to share your own opinions and thoughts.
Keep the discussion friendly  ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:19:22 pm by Cahit »
Player Moderator since January 16th 2019
Game Moderator since March 13th 2019
Player Administrator since April 13th 2019
Resigned since September 11th 2019
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Drugs, Tgod Bro, Syytu, Bluestorm, Emps Loover, Namnori, S Clegane, Rotanas, Khoris, Kurd, Nante

Offline Ex Blade

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Wilderness Slayer Master & New Bosses
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 06:31:57 pm »
sounds good.
but I was thinking what if you add a slayer master which gives only tasks for bosses which are located outside of the wild.
its gonna be even cooler )

Offline Antebellum

• Liked: 27 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:28 pm »
It's good to see people take wilderness pvm a bit more seriously, but please don't add zulrah to wilderness, that seems just way too wrong
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 07:05:18 pm »
It's good to see people take wilderness pvm a bit more seriously, but please don't add zulrah to wilderness, that seems just way too wrong
Zulrah wasn't meant for the wilderness, forgot to mention that. However, the rest do. Though it could require you to go through the wilderness to reach its location, like the ice strykewyrms cave :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:13:24 pm by Cahit »

Offline Tgod Bro

• Liked: 304 times
  • +0/-0
  • Het echt varkentje
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 03:32:10 am »
Really liked all of these ideas & npc's. I feel like if this becomes a thing, new items to the wildy slayer master's shop could be added (we need to think) to actually motivate players on taking the risk of getting these tasks.

It came into my mind the idea of a chance of getting mysterious emblems while doing wilderness tasks, you would start with your tier 1 emblem and if you keep taking it to your tasks you could end up with a tier 10 emblem. Just like defenders system.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
The following users liked this post: Cahit

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 08:05:17 am »
Really liked all of these ideas & npc's. I feel like if this becomes a thing, new items to the wildy slayer master's shop could be added (we need to think) to actually motivate players on taking the risk of getting these tasks.

It came into my mind the idea of a chance of getting mysterious emblems while doing wilderness tasks, you would start with your tier 1 emblem and if you keep taking it to your tasks you could end up with a tier 10 emblem. Just like defenders system.

So far sounds very interesting about the emblems. Now what would you do with these tiers of emblems? Can they be exchanged into something or the better tier you have the greater the reward you can get out of it?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:16:14 am by Cahit »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 08:45:53 am »
I really like the idea of adding more bosses into wilderness which could lead to both more pvm and clan pvp in this area
however I am a bit against adding more bosses / items to the game at the current time, I feel like its gonna make the things even worse than it is atm.

Imo we should try to work on the things we have atm and improve it instead of adding more and more things that gonna has a serious affect on the other bosses, so we are basically adding a dead content atm, or an op one that will lead to another boss to be a compete bad situation.

The idea it self, amazing
the timing of it is just not right.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 10:09:42 am »
I'm still yet to see KBD moved to its original place.

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 10:36:10 am »
I really like the idea of adding more bosses into wilderness which could lead to both more pvm and clan pvp in this area
however I am a bit against adding more bosses / items to the game at the current time, I feel like its gonna make the things even worse than it is atm.

Imo we should try to work on the things we have atm and improve it instead of adding more and more things that gonna has a serious affect on the other bosses, so we are basically adding a dead content atm, or an op one that will lead to another boss to be a compete bad situation.

The idea it self, amazing
the timing of it is just not right.
Thanks for your honest opinion, Ameer.
While I do agree on the point that we have other things to focus on, I have to say that in my opinion, adding new stuff can sometimes be more beneficial than we might think. However, if this is not the right time, when will it be?
I am afraid this will be forgotten in the end and nothing will be considered. I still don't see why not give it a try  :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:52:46 pm by Cahit »

Online Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 06:46:55 pm »
I like the idea, but I think the slayer rewards/bosses drops should be worthy or maybe untradeable.. thats increase the demand on it.
The following users liked this post: Skillz Purez, Cahit

Offline Nante

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 01:32:46 pm »
this is idea is really good i hope i see this come true and maybe 1 more boss venenatis cuz i love that spider in osrs also zulrah and blowpipe it can make range op
Pages: 1