The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: What is going on...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »
Go recruit players. You'll fix none of that with this few players. You cannot have 100 players in the wilderness if there isn't that many even online in total. Also, do they not teach about paragraphing texts in Lithuania...

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 08:10:38 pm »
In my opinion we should help moderators and admins on helping new players,or then just simply promote more ppl to mods.
We cant really affect on getting more players,but we sure as hell can affect on keeping our new players.
ive done alot mining and smithing lately at barabrian village and ive noticed that theres alot new players that are absolutely fucking lost out there and they dont even know how to use clan chat or wiki so they could get help.
id imagine thats a big reason on new players to quit the game when they cant get help.
A simple advice on what we should focus in this(or any other) suggestion is good start of contributing the whole community itself, you don't even need moderator or higher status to do that much. Regarding new(or old) players, I don't mind helping them myself but when there is full G.E. of half-trolls who usually shoves players in the face their common mistakes instead of working out problems together no wonder players don't seem to get along that well(you can exclude me from that list since I'm already being hated for my own behavior which repeatedly showed my instability of controlling various situations). Doing small but helpful things towards new players, improving and strengthening communication between staff members and normal playerbase is good and all but finding new ways of doing any sort of action is what we need. There was countless topics about voting, referral system and etc. Have we progressed there a lot more than we posted? Guessing not, numbers of players online shows the results.

That is my viewpoint about it. As far as voting system goes, simplify it to three aspects: Why exactly we need it, how beneficial it would be for both newcomers/veterans and ways to enchant it to the point where it couldn't be abused a lot. I support this suggestion because as Daily tasks showed it can be beneficial and abused plus, this let's players to explore new skilling aspects if they haven't done it yet.

Not saying it is universal truth I can be wrong as well. Everyone has their own agenda,

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 09:16:45 am »
In my opinion we should help moderators and admins on helping new players,or then just simply promote more ppl to mods.
We cant really affect on getting more players,but we sure as hell can affect on keeping our new players.
ive done alot mining and smithing lately at barabrian village and ive noticed that theres alot new players that are absolutely fucking lost out there and they dont even know how to use clan chat or wiki so they could get help.
id imagine thats a big reason on new players to quit the game when they cant get help.
I actually agree, staff members should definitely be more active around the spawn-point where players have their first experience with the server. Obviously regular players should too, but Barbarian village just looks un-appealing spot to camp at.

I think we have had this home-city discussion before so I'm not going to go into it, but yeah staff members around the area where new players spawn should be a no-brainer.
It would for sure be a + for new players to spawn in a location with staff members, and some players that aren't new themselves.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:20:41 am by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Bluesunrunne, Slowknow

Offline For Freedom

• Liked: 78 times
  • +0/-0
  • Cheese will never be free, only in trap for rats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 05:15:10 pm »
I actually agree, staff members should definitely be more active around the spawn-point where players have their first experience with the server. Obviously regular players should too, but Barbarian village just looks un-appealing spot to camp at.

I think we have had this home-city discussion before so I'm not going to go into it, but yeah staff members around the area where new players spawn should be a no-brainer.
It would for sure be a + for new players to spawn in a location with staff members, and some players that aren't new themselves.

I just love newbies and love to play around with them, at the moment, I'am making myself maxed, it will take me like 2 days more, after what I'll be paying attention on spending time with not just newbies, but with old players too.
P.S. I hope to meet more non-toxic newbies :D
The following users liked this post: Slowknow

Offline Obby Forever

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 01:31:22 am »
We are doing fine with our player count, RS Private Servers are already dead, and this one is doing fine compared to others.

Quite false actually. Emps-Scape used to be one of the most popular servers back in the day. As of right now I think it's safe to say it's below average.

These are just some of the examples of the servers out there right now; Note I had to browse quite a lot as I couldn't get the player count from many of them without logging in which I couldn't be arsed to do. These pictures are legit and just taken right now. If you don't believe it, I can give out the names/links although I highly doubt that's allowed around here; would make sense not to be which is why I took just pictures of the counts.

Point being that there are many servers out there with several hundreds of players online; Emps used to be amongst those servers back in the day however as of right now, as I'm writing this reply there are only 24 players online. Now I know that it's night time and hardly anyone is online at this time however I've seen it at its peak as well - a bit over a hundred was the peak in a long time and that was only after the release of Nex and I believe it dropped down again after some time.

I'm not here to bash the server or anything, just trying to convince you people to try some new strategies, new approaches. You'll have to come up with them yourself - it shouldn't be too hard though with all the "competition" out there that you could be mimicing in one way or another. There are actual PI servers (The base that was released back in like '06) that are doing better than Emps at the moment.
In case anyone's wondering why I left - It's simple. The graphics, as much as I appreciate the effort that went into building this client to the state it is, it just throws off for me. I can never get used to these graphics unfortunately, the problem being that it's too different from RSPS in general. I don't get the true RSPS feel when I play Emps (or played.. for a bit some time ago). Should have just stuck to updating server side stuff and kept client the way it is, I'm fairly certain Emps would be at a better place right now.
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, For Freedom, Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 05:06:33 pm »
I bet it really stings when thomy reads this stuff

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 06:57:51 pm »
I bet it really stings when thomy reads this stuff
Better stingy truth than sweet lies.

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 03:16:50 pm »
Osrs came back, people grew up.
Get over it, it’s been told over hundred times.

Plus if you want to actually blame someone its Jagex. They are the reason we lost all out players after the server closed.

Enough with this retarded topic

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 05:16:18 pm »
Osrs came back, people grew up.
Get over it, it’s been told over hundred times.

Plus if you want to actually blame someone its Jagex. They are the reason we lost all out players after the server closed.

Enough with this retarded topic

Its not a retarded topic, he is suggesting having voting system back which half of the community been asking for a long time already.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: For Freedom, S Clegane

Offline Ashootsh

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 07:30:57 pm »
Ameer, it has been suggested and was denied just as chaotics were suggested before and denied and in the end it was implemented into the game.

I get it we need a voting system etc, but doesn't means it has to be suggested over and over and over.

Once is enough. Thomy is aware of the server current situation and he listens to your ideas so just wait and be give him some time.

Just enjoy the current given content.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:26:07 pm by Ashootsh »

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:52 pm »
Ameer, it has been suggested and was denied just as chaotics were suggested before and denied and in the end it was implemented into the game.

I get it we need a voting system etc, but doesn't means it has to be suggested over and over and over.

Once is enough. Thomy is aware of the server current situation and he listens to your ideas so just wait and be give him some time.

I don't know how it works where you live, but here unless you keep saying whats in your mind over and over again, the boss will be like " ye seems like they got over it there is no need to change anything then " .

people believe that it should be changed back, therefore they will keep trying to do so
eventho Thomy said no to it, however he said no to a lot of other stuff that he changed his mind later on about.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: For Freedom, S Clegane

Offline Ashootsh

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 10:09:47 pm »

I don't know how it works where you live, but here unless you keep saying whats in your mind over and over again, the boss will be like " ye seems like they got over it there is no need to change anything then " .

people believe that it should be changed back, therefore they will keep trying to do so
eventho Thomy said no to it, however he said no to a lot of other stuff that he changed his mind later on about.

and that's why I'm saying just give it some time... Thomy does read your posts and knows the situation about it. Who knows he might be discussing with Martin about this.

OR

He might be working on it as we speak. Just patience is the key

Pages: 1 2