The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna fix this server? Believe it or not, this is the only way...
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 06:16:29 pm »
even though, as you may know, i have 400m fishing xp in total, and in case of a complete server reset i'd lose it all, i still wouldn't mind, because as few players in this topic stated already, there would be more motivation to play the game, and compete with other players once again, unlike now, when you know you'll never get the bank that some of the players have, doing it the "legit way" (not staking). until this moment, my only drive to play was getting 250m xp on my main account and try to make bank staking (because you know this is the only way at the moment to be as rich as the cool kids), now that i have achieved that, i'll most likely quit, because the competition is over, i'm in the second place in fishing on hiscores, and i'm satisfied with it, and like i said before, now that i have achieved my goal, i'll most likely stop playing.

in summary. just do a poll and reset the god damn server already.

by the way. the advertising part was actually good. can't comment on anything else, because i don't really care about the other stuff.

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 09:12:04 pm »
Doing a complete game reset would destroy more than you wish tbh
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 05:15:37 am »
Doing a complete game reset would destroy more than you wish tbh

I do not intend to destroy anything and I know this is a huge step with a big risk involved. There are many players who spent alot time into this game and still do. It is only natural that they do not want their achievements to be taken away and I am sure some of them will quit after a reset.

But what about those who already left the game and still hang out on forums and the shoutbox? It is no secret that the shoutbox is mainly used by veterans who do not play the game anymore. I am sure some of these players will give the server another chance as well.

And then there are those, who represent this community - the lovely stakers. Most of them do not play the game for the most obvious reason - they got cleaned and got nothing left on the game. I am sure that many stakers would return if a reset happened. Why? Because it is all about psychology. Many people are happy with what they have as long as other people do not have more. Giving them a chance to earn their glory back from scratch is very appealing.

But all of this would change nothing without a decent amount of time spent into making the right changes pre reset.

Making the game more appealing for all kinds of players is very difficult to do so, especially when you got players that are on a complete different level (beginners - maxed). But this is something Thomy is very good at - coding.

The other big part would be advertising. People need to get to know about the game. We do need a voting system where people benefit from voting. Skilling brawlers are the perfect reward for it. Untradable, limited and have no direct impact on the market.

The last big part is whether Thomy is fully committing to this change or not. Not doing a reset changes nothing. Doing only a reset changes nothing either. Doing a reset with the same kind of updates does not change anything as well, especially not when the ideas behind them are coming from people whose personal benefits are valued more than the server.

The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 12:33:08 am »
A complete reset would have been fun. I remember when i started playing this game grinding with other old players.
The game itself is real quality, real good stuff. Having everyone start from scratch and playing together would be fun.
Not really sure if i would play myself, but could have been fun in the start just grinding with everyone and claiming items. Who knows? Maybe its that one thing that would make me play this game again. I could have been down for that. But then again, my accounts has been reset and banned in total of more years than most of you have played this game. So i might not be the right person to speak.

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 10:04:38 am »
1. Server Reset (5)

Nothing is gonna change without a full reset. I see some players are open minded about that while many other players are not. I also agree that a full reset was needed when Emps-World was launched. The ironman mode showed how balanced the server was when you started from scratch without being able to trade. The problem was that all the normal players had the stats to farm all the items with the overpowered drop rates in the first couple months (this was the time when Thomy left the server for 3 months I think while drop rates were increased 1-2 weeks before).

I am surprised that JP is willing to give up all the things he has achieved for the sake of the server. Quite nice that I am not the only one who cares more about the server than the personal achievements ingame and this is why he has my biggest respect (JP = Emps-World). For those who do not know me, JP and I competed for the ironman rank #1 while my main account was probably the richest player ingame when I quit Emps-World. I also doubt that anyone has more unique accounts than I do.

Totaly disagree. But for other we should discuss.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:10:37 am by Di Dot »

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 11:10:39 am »
There are few ads on instagram and facebook, but that's pretty much it. I also don't get why the f*ck we are not putting more effort into ads? It's common sense...
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 11:18:10 am »
There are few ads on instagram and facebook, but that's pretty much it. I also don't get why the f*ck we are not putting more effort into ads? It's common sense...

Are you ready to fund it tho?
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 11:24:26 am »
We are using google ads and facebook ads currently atleast. We have 8 places for ads I think.
Runelocus seem to be pretty corrupted website and sponsored spots in that website are very expensive. Over 500$/month as far as I'm aware, might be even more.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:00:03 pm by Jp »

Offline Di Dot

• +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 06:43:34 pm »
we need vote and reward system badly.

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 02:04:48 am »
Yo, let me know if this reset is going to be a thing.... I need to know if i should stop wasting my time on this server.

Meanwhile... I'm trying to get a matching screenshot to the one displayed in the load up screen.

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 08:31:32 am »
Yo, let me know if this reset is going to be a thing.... I need to know if i should stop wasting my time on this server.

Meanwhile... I'm trying to get a matching screenshot to the one displayed in the load up screen.

I doubt it will be a thing.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 10:51:59 am »

That never worked for us.

Online Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 11:27:45 am »

I don't think it will do any damage tho if it gets added.
if we somehow made it to first page.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Di Dot

• +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 12:33:11 pm »

But never damaged us. Some servers lives only from votes, so why not.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1 2