The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
Varrock Slayer Dungeon Reworking
« on: October 19, 2015, 12:46:20 pm »
Varrock Slayer dungeon is same as Lumbridge Swamp dungeon. It SHOULD require lit device. Maybe, adding extra warning before entrance that, if you try and go without it, you'll take some serious damage, or eventually die, while in chat appearing "the cavern bugs are attacking you, and you seem to lost conciousness.", and taking 4 - 5 damage every 30 seconds. Thus, making use of steel smithing and bullseye latern.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Varrock Slayer Dungeon Reworking
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 12:52:57 pm »
wait, you can take some serious damage there??? the monsters aren't even aggressive '-'.
i don't see the point.
'-'

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »
It's just another annoying item to have to bring with you for slayer. Seems like it would just be a nuisance, since people would just forget all the time.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 01:07:22 pm »
wait, you can take some serious damage there??? the monsters aren't even aggressive '-'.
i don't see the point.
'-'
I don't see a point explaining it to brainless dude, who doesn't even understand the whole suggestion.

Mary

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 01:10:56 pm »
It's just another annoying item to have to bring with you for slayer. Seems like it would just be a nuisance, since people would just forget all the time.
This, it will only cause frustration and really does not add anything to fun gameplay

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »
i don't see the point.
'-'
I don't see a point explaining it to brainless dude, who doesn't even understand the whole suggestion.
like mary and aaron said, 99% of players would forget this feature the next day they log in, in the damn game.
and there's no need to call me an idiot, because it's true, you'd had to be a level 3 bot to go there by mistake while picking flax and die '-'
'-'

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »
Well, then, you like how slayer is easy as it is? :) Maybe, you should do more tasks, to see, what I mean. Bringing additional items for tasks is what Slayer skill should be all about. Not that I'm angry about your opinion, but, let's say, you get dragon task. Any dragon. Surely you will bring your antifire security, to take less damage for dragonfire, so, bringing anti-dragon shield, dragonfire shield or/and antifire potions is logical, yes? Then, you can get a task of any NPC who are in Smoke Dungeon, which, requires either Slayer Helmet or Face Mask, just to survive. Now, tell me, Captain Obvious. Should we remove those requirements as well, seemingly as it pointless for you to bring ANYTHING for task to be done? :)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 01:23:08 pm »
Slayer helmet is a normal part of slayer because of it's damage boosts, and I don't bring antifires to dragon tasks. Also, everyone uses a dfs because it is literally the best shield in the game besides an arcane, which is not affordable to the majority of players.

Also, you can pick up a facemask in the dungeon if you happen to forget your own. (which happens to a lot of people). But based upon your logic, you want bullseye lanterns to become useful and make smithing more popular for their use, so leaving one on the floor just in case you forget your own wouldn't make sense with your suggestion, meaning massive amounts of frustration and annoyance.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:26:14 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 01:26:43 pm »
I think I've done my fair share of slayer tasks.

You would completely remove the ability to use 2-handed weapons against tormented demons, or the use of a shield. That is already enough of a reason to say no to this. While I do like that you have to bring certain things for certain slayer monsters, the bullseye lantern just completely handicaps you in general. Slayer helm for smoke dungeon doesn't do this. Dfs or antifires for dragons don't do this. Bullseye lantern DOES.

It's a handicap to your damage, which is why players won't like it. Alternate light sources could be added, fire cape would be a nice example, but that would still limit people using range or mage. It only adds frustration, no thanks.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:28:37 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Hi Im Ethan

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 02:12:46 pm »
I think I've done my fair share of slayer tasks.

You would completely remove the ability to use 2-handed weapons against tormented demons, or the use of a shield. That is already enough of a reason to say no to this. While I do like that you have to bring certain things for certain slayer monsters, the bullseye lantern just completely handicaps you in general. Slayer helm for smoke dungeon doesn't do this. Dfs or antifires for dragons don't do this. Bullseye lantern DOES.

It's a handicap to your damage, which is why players won't like it. Alternate light sources could be added, fire cape would be a nice example, but that would still limit people using range or mage. It only adds frustration, no thanks.

He's not talking about a lit bug lantern that you equip. He's talking about a bullseye lantern that stays in your inventory.

Also I see absolutely no reason as to why this should be added.
You say this makes slayer harder but I don't see how it makes slayer harder in any aspect.

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 02:40:56 pm »
He's not talking about a lit bug lantern that you equip. He's talking about a bullseye lantern that stays in your inventory.

You say this makes slayer harder but I don't see how it makes slayer harder in any aspect.
Wasn't it also a worn item in rs? I thought so at least. I wouldn't mind it too much actually if it could just stay in your inventory.
;

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 02:58:27 pm »

Wasn't it also a worn item in rs? I thought so at least. I wouldn't mind it too much actually if it could just stay in your inventory.
Nah. It's a bullseye lantern before you ignite it with a tinderbox which turns it into a light source which you need in mos le harmless cave, lumb cave etc

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

The following users liked this post: Charr
Pages: 1