The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded tools/skilling equipment
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 02:12:18 am »
Visualization of a possible 'Dragonslayer helmet'. First version described by Charr as the 'Pug Dragon helmet'.

That Second Design oh my god please make it a thing. :o

Perhaps the Crystal Chisel could create more Bolt Tips per Gem as another added bonus? Maybe 20 instead of 15?
Same idea with the Crystal Knife with Arrow Shafts, I guess.

These are pretty much the same as Thieving brawlers, except for the lower chance of getting caught, so why not make these a reward for Castle-Wars for 60/75 tickets with 750 charges or 150 tickets for gloves which can't degrade.

I fully agree on everything else.
But Thieving doesn't really have any other forms of potential XP-Boosts that would be fairly hassle-free to obtain.
Maybe making it a +5% XP Boost with the decreased chance of detection to make it a bit downgraded from the Brawlers?
I'd like to see it more as a reward from the chests, though, since they are generally more popular than CW.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:14:48 am by Shadowkei »

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 06:20:26 am »
I'm not one for making skills easier but these suggestions are amazing, particularly the Dragonslayer Helmet.

Good job.

Mary

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 09:11:11 am »

Perhaps the Crystal Chisel could create more Bolt Tips per Gem as another added bonus? Maybe 20 instead of 15?
Same idea with the Crystal Knife with Arrow Shafts, I guess.
I think people would rather have a faster crafting speed or more xp, as most tips only get crafted for the xp rather than actually finishing them into e bolts.

But Thieving doesn't really have any other forms of potential XP-Boosts that would be fairly hassle-free to obtain.
Maybe making it a +5% XP Boost with the decreased chance of detection to make it a bit downgraded from the Brawlers?
I'd like to see it more as a reward from the chests, though, since they are generally more popular than CW.
A decreased chance on detection would be way more preferred I think, it's very frustrating to fail like 5 times in a row
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 06:09:31 am »
I would like to see our own unique spin on the tool belt if thats possible?
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Back At It

• Liked: 75 times
  • +0/-0
  • Time Zone: CST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »
Inferno adze:
Effect: Special attack would instantly mine ores and cost 15%, would also instantly fell trees and cost 100%. Exp is only given for the logs you have space for. Would sometimes automatically burn logs. 1% chance to get a bar instead of an ore, coal gives random bars.
Requirements: 70 mining to use. 70 smithing, a d hatchet, pickaxe and a golden tinderbox, smithed on anvil.

The woodcutting part of this seems a bit OP with how quickly the special attack is regenerated and the fact that you can often get a full inventory from a single tree. Maybe put a cap on how many you can get from one spec. Possibly a random number from 5-10.

Other than that, the rest seem pretty awesome!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 09:28:33 pm »
Inferno adze:
Effect: Special attack would instantly mine ores and cost 15%, would also instantly fell trees and cost 100%. Exp is only given for the logs you have space for. Would sometimes automatically burn logs. 1% chance to get a bar instead of an ore, coal gives random bars.
Requirements: 70 mining to use. 70 smithing, a d hatchet, pickaxe and a golden tinderbox, smithed on anvil.

The woodcutting part of this seems a bit OP with how quickly the special attack is regenerated and the fact that you can often get a full inventory from a single tree. Maybe put a cap on how many you can get from one spec. Possibly a random number from 5-10.

Other than that, the rest seem pretty awesome!
Hmm, I didn't want to make the spec feel underpowered. Capping it at 10 should be fine.
;

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 09:48:04 pm »
You've put a lot of thought into this. Although, I don't see why you want to add stuff that makes skilling even easier. Skilling isn't supposed to be something that you can train for 2 hours and achieve 99 in. But that's just my opinion.
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 10:07:20 pm »
You've put a lot of thought into this. Although, I don't see why you want to add stuff that makes skilling even easier. Skilling isn't supposed to be something that you can train for 2 hours and achieve 99 in. But that's just my opinion.
Better tools (which you spend time on getting) won't make skilling easier, it'll make it faster, less of a chore. These have a level requirement as well, meaning they won't make the skill less time consuming before a certain level. Since none of these tools are OP, they won't change that. It won't take 2h for a 99. I want to add stuff players can work for to make skilling less of a chore, that's where I tried to go with this.
;

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 07:37:06 am »
Better tools (which you spend time on getting) won't make skilling easier, it'll make it faster, less of a chore. These have a level requirement as well, meaning they won't make the skill less time consuming before a certain level. Since none of these tools are OP, they won't change that. It won't take 2h for a 99. I want to add stuff players can work for to make skilling less of a chore, that's where I tried to go with this.
I know, but IMO skilling is supposed to be hard.
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 12:57:17 pm »
Wow. Yes please. You got my full support.
Pages: 1 2