The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Titles
« on: October 12, 2016, 05:58:44 pm »
Titles have been suggested before with minimal detail but Jp and I have been speaking about them (Thanks to Jp for helping with the topic), and I think they would be interesting "endgame" content for players to strive for, besides just grinding out 250 million xp in skills which can be boring and difficult.

These are just an examples of titles I came up with. We could have even more of them as you come up with the ideas on how to unlock them and what the title would be.

General

The Real [Name] - Verified email
Ironman/woman [name] - Ironman mode
[name] the Generous - Donated +500 EC
[name] the Millionaire - +1000 EC
[name] the Billionaire - +1500 EC
Taskmaster [name] - completed all quests
[name] the completionist - completed all title challenges

Skilling

Wizard [name] - use 20k rune essence to craft runes
Agile [name] - complete 150 laps at advanced barbarian course
Masterfisher [name] - catch 5000 manta rays
Slayer Master [name] - buyable with slayer points

PvM

[name] of Zamorak - kill a certain amount of K'ril Tsutaroth
[name] of Saradomin - kill a certain amount of Commander Zilyana
[name] of Bandos - kill a certain amount of General Graardor
[name] of Armadyl - kill a certain amount of Kree Arra
Final Boss [name] - kill all bosses a certain amount of times
[name] the Reaper - killed every boss at least once
Tzhaar [name] - kill Jad a certain amount of times

We could also get some PvP titles such as get a certain amount of kills, killstreaks maybe?, died a certain amount of times.

Here is an example of how you can follow your progress on your titles, you could access them through quest tab. (Wrong description at middle. Should say 'Completed titles')

How it shows in chat:

Thoughts? Ideas for titles?
Ways to unlock them, post your opinions and ideas below.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Jp, Ralphe10, Tgod Bro, Someone12116, 3st Ranger X, Hi Im Ethan, Sqkuid Ward, Smorcingson

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Titles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »
I will agree with the idea due to its popularity, but only on one condition: An option to remove it completely. That includes every type of chat we have, also the writing bar (from where "the completionist" is right now on the example picture) and when you have your mouse on the player (both with and without right-clicking).

Few suggestions regarding your current titles:
We should only have 1 donator title, so players wouldn't feel that everything requires irl money.
Overachiever title: requirement of 25M xp in each skill. (Seems like a solid number, everything else seems too high.) We could also add certain xp titles (total, just combat, only a set of skills etc: we could use current combination cape titles for these). You wouldn't need to complete these for completionist title.
"Maxed" title (also "The Brave" for just maxed combat and "Skiller" for maxed skills, so skillers etc wouldn't complain).
We should also have "Exterminator" for Pest Control and "Flag-bearer" for Castle Wars. Both could be bought with their equivalent tickets/tokens. We would also need something for Warrior's guild (could be simple, eg "The Warrior". We could have similar things for Shooting star and Karamja agility minigame as well.

Titles could be used as quest rewards as well. I wouldn't add them to our current quests, but if we ever get more complex quests, we should think about this.

When it comes to the first 3 skilling titles you brought up, I have to disagree. However I have another plan for these.
Rather than concentrating on one repetitive task, we could add Achievement diaries. These are region-based one time tasks. You will have to complete the whole set of tasks in order to be rewarded. I'd currently rather not suggest the rewards, but the titles would certainly have a use here.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:38:05 am »
What makes you dislike them? Expand on your opinion a bit 'I just don't like them' isn't really a reason, there must be some reasoning behind it. There could prolly be some on/off toggle in settings.

Achievement diaries are something that wouldn't really work on Emps to be honest due to lack of 'random' content.
Take a look on runescapes achievement diaries for example. Most of them (probably over 90%) aren't possible to complete on emps. It would require developing more 'random' content before achievement diaries could be implemented.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:59 am »
What makes you dislike them? Expand on your opinion a bit 'I just don't like them' isn't really a reason, there must be some reasoning behind it. There could prolly be some on/off toggle in settings.
I remember titles from rs and they've always annoyed me. Imo, they offer nothing to the game. They would only decrease our chat space, which is already small.
I just think that it's not worth Thomy's time. It should be directed elsewhere.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:33:43 am »
They only appear on chatbox meaning you won't see titles in private messages or clan chats. Titles do however, offer content for players to do and something to achieve other than going for 200m/250m in a skill.

Offline Therun

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:47:21 pm »
disagree , keep this game different than other's i think this ideas is shit
that's my ideas , if any think wrong im sorry

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 01:21:52 pm »
Good idea

disagree , keep this game different than other's i think this ideas is shit
that's my ideas , if any think wrong im sorry

I don't see a lot of servers with this kind of titles therefore, adding them will make us special

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 01:18:54 pm »
Support the idea
Wait
No pvp titles? Disagree :kappa:
I do not know about the killstreaks and how it would work out but heres an idea:
There could be certain titles dependant on how youve killed your opponents, for example getting kills with ranged could be
[Name] - The Hawkeye
I know, shitty example

Staking titles :kappa:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:23:15 pm by Attacker35 »
Pages: 1