The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Staking fee (dumpbox idea)
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 10:46:43 am »
People were hellbent on saying ''OMG SHORT DEATH TIMERS WILL SAVE THE GAME AND THE ECONOMY AND ME WHOLE LIFE AND CURE WORLD HUNGER''. Did it work? No. What did it do? Our player count went down.
That's not what was said.
Items were not leaving the game in any way, since you had 8 minutes to retrieve them, which made the game way too safe.
Players are actually losing items now and investing more on GA-s. Unfortunately Ameer is right, it has only affected less rich players.
The update wasn't supposed to fix the economy.

May I ask where do you come up with the conclusion that our playercount has decreased. I would say that it has been quite steady, with higher peaks than we've had all summer.
Now tell us, what would staking fee achieve other than make every single staker quit and kill the low player count we have?
You're wrong about this.

Yes, it wouldn't be liked at first, but the thirst for riches and the addiction would take over. They just can't stop.
The fee itself is minimal, you're talking like we'd take the most out of their stakes, but we're not. We would get hate for a week or so, after that people would slowly get used to it.

We might lose few players in the process, but do we actually need players, whose current schedule in emps is the following: stake, get cleaned, curse at the opponent/game, beg items, rebuild from scratch (rebuild as in start staking from junks, low amounts of cash), stake, get cleaned and the cycle continues. Game doesn't gain anything from such people, they only make more work for staff members, since we have to constantly deal with reports about them.

I don't like the fact that arena has become so popular, even newer members are dragged there by other stakers. Since it's gambling it should either have taxes or strict limits. Since we also need item sinks, taxes are a better way to go.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 12:56:14 pm »
People were hellbent on saying ''OMG SHORT DEATH TIMERS WILL SAVE THE GAME AND THE ECONOMY AND ME WHOLE LIFE AND CURE WORLD HUNGER''. Did it work? No. What did it do? Our player count went down.
That's not what was said.
Items were not leaving the game in any way, since you had 8 minutes to retrieve them, which made the game way too safe.
Players are actually losing items now and investing more on GA-s. Unfortunately Ameer is right, it has only affected less rich players.
The update wasn't supposed to fix the economy.

May I ask where do you come up with the conclusion that our playercount has decreased. I would say that it has been quite steady, with higher peaks than we've had all summer.
Now tell us, what would staking fee achieve other than make every single staker quit and kill the low player count we have?
You're wrong about this.

Yes, it wouldn't be liked at first, but the thirst for riches and the addiction would take over. They just can't stop.
The fee itself is minimal, you're talking like we'd take the most out of their stakes, but we're not. We would get hate for a week or so, after that people would slowly get used to it.

We might lose few players in the process, but do we actually need players, whose current schedule in emps is the following: stake, get cleaned, curse at the opponent/game, beg items, rebuild from scratch (rebuild as in start staking from junks, low amounts of cash), stake, get cleaned and the cycle continues. Game doesn't gain anything from such people, they only make more work for staff members, since we have to constantly deal with reports about them.

I don't like the fact that arena has become so popular, even newer members are dragged there by other stakers. Since it's gambling it should either have taxes or strict limits. Since we also need item sinks, taxes are a better way to go.

No other rsps or runescape itself has needed a staking fee. Let people gamble if they want to do so. Adding a fee to staking won't make people want to buy useless stuff, especially when we barely have players playing the actual game.

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2016, 03:31:51 pm »
I don't see the last few updates about the death timer nor any other kind of change helping at all

I do not recall any1 saying that short death timers alone will save everything? Atleast it is not like I would expect anything smart coming out of your mouth either.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 03:35:06 pm »
I don't see the last few updates about the death timer nor any other kind of change helping at all

I do not recall any1 saying that short death timers alone will save everything? Atleast it is not like I would expect anything smart coming out of your mouth either.

I'm just comparing emps to rs and every other rsps out there. They're polar opposites of what you're suggesting and are way more popular than emps is with a healthy economy.

3 people suggesting this vs. a game with hundreds of thousands of players in total. It's a no-brainer which one most of the people are going to prefer.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:40:19 pm by Someone12116 »

Mary

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »
I think its preferable at this state of server that we would go for features/changes that would attract players rather than repel them in lieu for healthier gameplay/economy.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2016, 05:55:41 am »
I think its preferable at this state of server that we would go for features/changes that would attract players rather than repel them in lieu for healthier gameplay/economy.

Last useful update, 19 days ago
I think you guys are doing a great job at bringing new stuff, the cave was full for like, how many days ? 7 ?
yeh I thought so around that time,
Lets try to keep doing the same things we've done in the past 2 years and didn't work at all but who cares, we always will hope that it will, instead of trying something that has a less percentage of failure compared to other ' useful features ' yet we are afraid to give it a try.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:18:18 am by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Mary

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2016, 11:20:51 am »

Last useful update, 19 days ago
I think you guys are doing a great job at bringing new stuff, the cave was full for like, how many days ? 7 ?
yeh I thought so around that time,
Lets try to keep doing the same things we've done in the past 2 years and didn't work at all but who cares, we always will hope that it will, instead of trying something that has a less percentage of failure compared to other ' useful features ' yet we are afraid to give it a try.
I had nothing to do with the ancient cave other than the new items. I don't think its preferred to keep releasing new monsters in new locations other than re-using and improving existing features that are known for being useful (such as expanding the dagannoth content) rather than spreading out more players over different and new locations.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »
this is just a desperate attempt to sink items or fix the economy or whatever

there is only one fix which is removing guardian angels from the game

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 10:03:55 am »
this is just a desperate attempt to sink items or fix the economy or whatever

there is only one fix which is removing guardian angels from the game

I wouldn't call it a ' desperate ' way to fix the economy as we haven't tried it yet
however we can try it for like a week or two before we can decide whether it is good or not
if my math is not so bad , players here stake around 5 - 10b every day, if we remove 5% of it ( a high percent at first then it can be lowered depends on the economy ) that makes it around 250mil - 500mil a day to be sinked
2 weeks are enough to fix most of the shit stakers are doing these days ( I just saw a dude selling his 150 ss )
We don't have a lot of players to wait for the economy to fix it self

The reason I know this shit may work, for example the reason behind the ags price change few months ago ( from 35 to 70 in a week or so ) is because what Imdaman took with him when we banned him,
We currently have over 2k furies and 2k ring of stones , why not sink some of that shit
it won't affect the current price but if the player who has a lot of it ( around 900 with punish g0dz ) decides to sell it
the price of it will drop to under 100k

This is not only about staking or fixing the economy, but bringing pvm back to life

About removing ga you mentioned, I wouldn't mind that because then not only the poor will be affected by it, more like rich people will .

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Rocklal

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2016, 04:45:10 pm »
honestly I don't see any problem in giving it a shot, it could be like the coffer thing from LMS in OSRS
Pages: 1 2 3 4