The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Staking cooldown
« on: February 04, 2017, 09:50:03 pm »
I saw a few suggestions about limiting staking and removing the option to stake if you're not a member. I got another, and in my opinion better idea to do this. It's called The Staking Cooldown.

What it does:

After a certain amount of stakes (It's based off your total level), you can't stake again for 12 hours. After those 12 hours, the staking cooldown refreshes and you can stake again! This could help those people who are having staking problems and can't stop after winning or losing a few in a row to stop, to get their skills up and etc.

But, this can be bypassed in a way by having multiple accounts, which I doubt someone will have. Plus, it's better to have a 1500 total skill level account than three accounts that have 300 total skill level each.

So, what do you think?

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Staking cooldown
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:57:04 pm »
You're greatly underestimating how many accounts these people have. This wouldn't change anything.
Even if we assigned that limit to an IP instead of the account, it could still be bypassed.

Also this would only mean that instead of many small stakes, people would start doing high stakes, so they wouldn't be stopped by the limit so soon.

Waste of coding time imo.
The following users liked this post: Brony Fggt

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:59:48 pm »
Staking is obviously becoming a problem for the Eco. I think something needs to be implemented to condense the amount of people staking also.
However, I don't think a cooldown is the solution.
Check out Charr's suggestion, it seems more fitting to me.

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:07:56 pm »
You're greatly underestimating how many accounts these people have. This wouldn't change anything.
Even if we assigned that limit to an IP instead of the account, it could still be bypassed.

Also this would only mean that instead of many small stakes, people would start doing high stakes, so they wouldn't be stopped by the limit so soon.

Waste of coding time imo.

It's just an idea that came to my head for like 10 minutes. It can be changed to GP limit per day that depends on total level (10M-500M), but if you want to stake higher than that without limits, the requirement would be to be maxed. The stake ban by IP bypassing wouldn't be a really big thing in my opinion, since the staking community in my opinion is pretty immature, so some of them maybe don't even know what a VPN is. But thanks for the feedback!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:10:08 pm »
This is the same principle as my suggestion. It increases the amount of things a person needs to do before they can go (or keep) staking. It's a lot less effort to get a member ticket than to get maxed. I wouldn't mind this but I doubt it'd be very effective.

Staking is obviously becoming a problem for the Eco.
No lmao
;

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 10:13:04 pm »
Staking is obviously becoming a problem for the Eco. I think something needs to be implemented to condense the amount of people staking also.
However, I don't think a cooldown is the solution.
Check out Charr's suggestion, it seems more fitting to me.

I saw that suggestion, and by having a member status you can still lose your bank pretty easily. In my opinion, my suggestion prevents people from losing their entire cash stack more effectively, but hey, I don't want to say that my suggestion is better, no. Member's fee would limit the staking, too. My suggestion is effective towards people that are more wealthy, while Charr's is towards the poor.
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline Dutch Pkerzs

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 05:04:56 pm »
the problem is there is no many new players , not duel arena.
Pages: 1