The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Wrath

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
SotD
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:17:06 pm »
First off, I feel like the wands in game are worthless ; the only purpose they serve is for low level magic, & considering you can level magic fast as hell, they hardly serve a purpose at all. I think all wands should be discontinued, & replaced with another wand/staff that's actually powerful. For example, Staff of the Dead. Could be obtained as a very rare drop from a boss, a very high reward for pk points, a very high reward for slayer points, etc. Idk, jus something I was thinking about. What's yer guys thoughts?

Thanks,
Jake

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: SotD
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:27:08 pm »
Master Wand is only the second best weapon that can autocast regular/ancient spells in the game, and has 36% chance of not using any runes (mage level req/2). Not a big deal at all. It outdamages dragon staff, ahrim staff and elemental staff without a crystal.

You want a useful new magic weapon, then why the hell didn't you explain what would be good/unique about it?

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 08:50:38 pm »
I understand your point if you're talking about the wands that wizards drop, these are supposed to be low level magic weapons and do their job just fine. They have absolutely no need to be discontinued though. However there is one wand that doesn't fit your suggestion at all. The master wand, it's the strongest wand and it's dropped by KBD. It has a magic requirement of 78 and surpasses elemental staff in magic attack bonus. Magic str bonus comes completely from gear and spells, not from staves or wands.

I don't feel we need a staff that is stronger than master wand, though choice would be nice to have. Instead of staff of the dead we could have staff of light at a lvl 75 requirement. It would be a little lower magic attack than master wand but would have a special attack that reduces damage dealt to you. It fits right in as a drop from saradomin gwd.

You want a useful new magic weapon, then why the hell didn't you explain what would be good/unique about it?
^
;
The following users liked this post: Wrath

Offline Wrath

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:20 pm »
Master Wand is only the second best weapon that can autocast regular/ancient spells in the game, and has 36% chance of not using any runes (mage level req/2). Not a big deal at all. It outdamages dragon staff, ahrim staff and elemental staff without a crystal.

I obviously didn't mean the Master Wand, prick. Can you ever comment without being a complete douche about everything..? & everyone knows what a Staff of the Dead does & what's unique about it. Didn't know I had to elaborate that. Terribly sorry.

I understand your point if you're talking about the wands that wizards drop, these are supposed to be low level magic weapons and do their job just fine. They have absolutely no need to be discontinued though. However there is one wand that doesn't fit your suggestion at all. The master wand, it's the strongest wand and it's dropped by KBD. It has a magic requirement of 78 and surpasses elemental staff in magic attack bonus. Magic str bonus comes completely from gear and spells, not from staves or wands.

I don't feel we need a staff that is stronger than master wand, though choice would be nice to have. Instead of staff of the dead we could have staff of light at a lvl 75 requirement. It would be a little lower magic attack than master wand but would have a special attack that reduces damage dealt to you. It fits right in as a drop from saradomin gwd.

^
Thanks for being polite. & yes, I meant the beginner wands dropped from wizards. I trained 1-70 mage in two hours with nothing but an air staff & some runes. & by that time, You can wield much stronger items. & by discontinued, I mean no longer dropped. They could still be in game from what's already dropped. Could even possibly make them rare again one day as they used to be.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 09:43:50 pm »

I obviously didn't mean the Master Wand, prick. Can you ever comment without being a complete douche about everything..? & everyone knows what a Staff of the Dead does & what's unique about it. Didn't know I had to elaborate that. Terribly sorry.

So you just want to rip an item from RS?

SotD https://i.gyazo.com/48506b1b39324a14835af8b4524ac3f1.png
Apprentice wand in Emps https://i.gyazo.com/b14787a09012c5b1ff17a13c266cbda5.png

Oh yes, it needs something unique.

I put as much effort into being polite as you put into your suggestion. Absolutely none. That's already too much.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:51:13 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 09:57:30 pm »
I have no idea what a staff of the dead is, so i believe someone made a good point on that.

But a new rare one handed wand for high level sounds cool, considering it's dominated by 2-handed staves right now. The master wand would need a nerf to make place for this (it's already pretty low value considering it's strength.)

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Wrath

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 10:05:22 pm »
I have no idea what a staff of the dead is, so i believe someone made a good point on that.

But a new rare one handed wand for high level sounds cool, considering it's dominated by 2-handed staves right now. The master wand would need a nerf to make place for this (it's already pretty low value considering it's strength.)
Has nobody played Runescape back in the old days..? It's a 1h staff that requires 75 magic & 75 attack.
Here's the specs on oldschool rs. Could be similar in the requirement aspects, but dropped by something else Emps related.
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_the_dead

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 10:57:16 pm »
Has nobody played Runescape back in the old days..? It's a 1h staff that requires 75 magic & 75 attack.
Here's the specs on oldschool rs. Could be similar in the requirement aspects, but dropped by something else Emps related.
This staff was not ingame until osrs lol (i played rs since 10y ago).... It's specifically created to osrs, much like bosses like cerberus.

Anyway all '2h' staves in emps are one handed so I'm not sure how viable yet another staff would be. It would be cool if it could summon lets say level 30 skeletons with it's special attack, that attack your target. But this mechanism would only work in multitarget combat.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »
Thanks for being polite. & yes, I meant the beginner wands dropped from wizards. I trained 1-70 mage in two hours with nothing but an air staff & some runes. & by that time, You can wield much stronger items. & by discontinued, I mean no longer dropped. They could still be in game from what's already dropped. Could even possibly make them rare again one day as they used to be.
I'm aware of what the word discontinued means, you didn't need to explain that. These low level wands should still be obtainable, there is no valid reason for them to be discontinued. They don't need to be rare either as they are low level wands. You could level all the way to 99 without touching a single spell due to pest control, the air staff argument isn't a very strong one either.

Staff of the dead is an item that was introduced in OSRS on october 2013, it's no suprise people are unfamiliar with it. The model would have to be custom, at which point using the staff of light is a better idea.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 02:42:34 am »

Release date   17 October 2013 (Update)

I'm done. You 10/10 deserved my prick attitude with your own ignorance.

Unless you suggest something that would have an unique value in Emps, nty. Every magic weapon requiring magic level of 25+ has a higher chance of saving runes in Emps. Magic damage bonus is hardly needed considering spells in emps can hit up to 50's already. You don't see hits like that in osrs, even with the 15% damage bonus from SotD AND the 15% from Occult necklace.

Offline Wrath

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 06:35:14 pm »

Release date   17 October 2013 (Update)

I'm done. You 10/10 deserved my prick attitude with your own ignorance.

Unless you suggest something that would have an unique value in Emps, nty. Every magic weapon requiring magic level of 25+ has a higher chance of saving runes in Emps. Magic damage bonus is hardly needed considering spells in emps can hit up to 50's already. You don't see hits like that in osrs, even with the 15% damage bonus from SotD AND the 15% from Occult necklace.
You're completely right. All you are. Just roast me for eternity. Charr & Someone are still assholes though. :)

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 07:57:52 pm »

You never said that you dont mean Master Wand as one of the wands.
Not everyone is a nolifer. I, like most others, have no idea what Staff of The Dead is.If you make a suggestion, you better explain it. And that's the reason why i disagree with the suggestion.
Pages: 1