The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 656 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Rabbit Foot
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:00:33 pm »
My suggestion this time around would be adding in strung rabbit feet [foot]. Rabbit feet can be obtained from catching a rabbit during hunter. You then take a ball of wool, the rabbit foot, and 50 crafting (can be higher or lower in required crafting level) to combine the items to make the strung rabbit foot. Rabbit's can be found West of the Grand Exchange, or South-East of Camelot.

Simple suggestion, but adding in this item could make skills more enjoyable for reasons like when wearing it you have a higher chance of getting a crushed nest from a magic tree (just like Runescape). Other things that this server could implement with the strung rabbit foot would be having a higher chance of succeeding in thieving and gaining a higher quantity of seeds, gold pieces, or whatever the item may be. It could also be used in fishing to have a higher chance of getting caskets and/or snape grass. Another skill it could be added to is mining, giving you a better chance of getting gems. Lastly, I think it could be implemented into agility to give you a higher percentage chance of succeeding on a obstacle.

Obviously all these skills shouldn't be affected just by using a Rabbit foot, but I think 1-2 skills would make this a hot commodity item which, if made harder to catch/find a rabbit, could be a new item that could be valued for a good Gp price.

If the players wanted to make it a harder item to obtain then we could make rabbits harder to find/catch by requiring the following things..
  • A higher hunter level (85-90)
  • Remove them from there current locations and move them to a location that isn't visited much, and is risky to enter. Example: Neitznot island, back by the Frost dragons.
  • Lasty we could make it something like the fallen star, only have one rabbit land every few hours. Making it much harder to obtain one, and making the item much more enjoyable (in my opionion) to find. It could be spawned in to 5-6 different locations and within those locations it can move a certain amount of spaces to "hide".

Leave your suggestion and comments here guys, I'd love to hear them (besides you, Charr).
The following users liked this post: Selene Gomez

Mary

Re: Rabbit Foot
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 05:23:39 pm »
i liek

Also rabbit foot is required for hunting potion so it's kinda annoying to make it hard obtainable.
Just making it a higher crafting level makes more sense.
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon, Beershake

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »
i liek

Also rabbit foot is required for hunting potion so it's kinda annoying to make it hard obtainable.
Just making it a higher crafting level makes more sense.
We could always find an alternative method to make Hunter potions though, maybe with feathers you catch for birds?

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 05:33:37 pm »
It is a nice thing that would maybe get people to do hunter after 99. These should get some form of charges though, 100-250 should be enough. One would be used each time the effect occurs. I don't really think the level needs to be changed or they should move, it's fine atm.

I agree with implementing it in all the skills you mentioned.
;
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »
It is a nice thing that would maybe get people to do hunter after 99. These should get some form of charges though, 100-250 should be enough. One would be used each time the effect occurs. I don't really think the level needs to be changed or they should move, it's fine atm.

The charges is a smart idea, I agree with that!

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 06:12:24 pm »
    good suggestion, i like it, well explained and nailed it.

higher chance of getting a crushed nest from a magic tree - etc..
  • Remove them from there current locations and move them to a location that isn't visited much, and is risky to enter. Example: Neitznot island, back by the Frost dragons.
  • Lasty we could make it something like the fallen star, only have one rabbit land every few hours. Making it much harder to obtain one, and making the item much more enjoyable (in my opionion) to find. It could be spawned in to 5-6 different locations and within those locations it can move a certain amount of spaces to "hide".

this will motivate alot of players!

These should get some form of charges though, 100-250 should be enough. One would be used each time the effect occurs. I don't really think the level needs to be changed or they should move, it's fine atm.
Genius!
Should be added in the next update!;) ;)

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 06:17:28 pm »
    good suggestion, i like it, well explained and nailed it.

higher chance of getting a crushed nest from a magic tree - etc..

this will motivate alot of players!

These should get some form of charges though, 100-250 should be enough. One would be used each time the effect occurs. I don't really think the level needs to be changed or they should move, it's fine atm.
Genius!
Should be added in the next update!;) ;)
Thank you for the support. :P[/list]

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 06:45:15 pm »
Oh cool this is a great idea i agree to it
I sell Graphics

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 09:21:21 pm »
You have my support!
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016

Mary

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 09:46:40 pm »

The charges idea is a pretty bad idea considering the amount of different things you want to get luck on. It's far easier to just add a % modifier to all things it has effect on and have the effect occur all the time + make it deplete for every action you take (similar to brawler gloves xp modifier + depleting with every xp gain).

If there is a chance for the effect to trigger it needs all kinds of annoying extra stuff for it to work properly and it will also add an extra modifier to an already random action (lets say you trigger the effect, but you still fail thieving that villager because you had a tiny chance left to fail).

simple english tl;dr: depletes with every action that the amulet has effect on until it crumbles to dust similar to brawlers.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 09:50:40 pm »

The charges idea is a pretty bad idea considering the amount of different things you want to get luck on. It's far easier to just add a % modifier to all things it has effect on and have the effect occur all the time + make it deplete for every action you take (similar to brawler gloves xp modifier + depleting with every xp gain).

If there is a chance for the effect to trigger it needs all kinds of annoying extra stuff for it to work properly and it will also add an extra modifier to an already random action (lets say you trigger the effect, but you still fail thieving that villager because you had a tiny chance left to fail).

simple english tl;dr: depletes with every action that the amulet has effect on until it crumbles to dust similar to brawlers.
Yeah this is probably better.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 02:00:11 am »

Okay that is understandable, never knew that. The way you explained made sense though, thanks for the feedback!

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 11:21:43 pm »
So far it's one of the best suggestions I saw.
Hope to see this implemented!
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 12:31:54 am »
Thank you for the support and also bumping it back up to the top of the suggestion list.
Anyways, it's a simple addition to the game that could be implemented in multiple ways that could make skilling more enjoyable.

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 12:46:33 am »
Thank you for the support and also bumping it back up to the top of the suggestion list.
Anyways, it's a simple addition to the game that could be implemented in multiple ways that could make skilling more enjoyable.

Nore enjoyable and nore attractive I guess.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!
Pages: 1 2