The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline In10ce

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quests
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
Its just me or bossing and skilling gets really boring at times? If there would be alot of quests that would be great. Quests could have such rewards as a Quest cape or something which can be used when you get a sertain amount of quest points. It could also reward some shortcuts which can be used when completed a sertain quest. Im not even talking about skills xp or items which are gained for completing a quest. It could even give a permission to wear some kinda of item. Well this would be something new. What do you think guys? :3

Peace

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • AdiĆ³s mis amigos
    • View Profile
Re: Quests
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »
I love the idea of not being able to wear an item unless you finish an exact quest. The whole quest thingy most people like usually and been suggested many many times already.

Anyways, Support :)

Mary

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »
Problem is, writing and actually programming a quest takes a lot of time, and it has a lot of potential bugs coming with them. And it seems to me obvious that we don't want to copy quests from runescape ;)

I'd love to see some dragonslayer quest involving elvarg, and getting a rune set or something if you finished it, but a bit more unique than the dragon slayer quest in rs. (elvarg is already ingame though, you just can't reach him right now)
And maybe a quest like one small favour, so you get to know emps a bit. (one small favour pretty much leads you all around the world)

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
I do agree that we need more quests however I think the problem with adding quests is that the content cannot be repeated. Would you rather a single quest where you get rewarded with 1 item or a new boss added which you can repeat multiple times?

Instead of having one or two new quests I think we should aim towards the daily challenge system similar to what RS has currently, we would have three levels of quests (easy, medium and hard) in which the user would get one of each which rotate on a daily basis with some rewards. The quest cape could be rewarded after the user has completed at least 100-200 or so of these daily quests.

EDIT: The above suggestion would also help making Emps-World slightly more active as it would bring players back on a daily basis just to do these quests (an example could be the hard level requiring you to kill 1-2 bosses which would at least take 1 hour or so to complete).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:22:44 pm by Il Pk I »

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 05:15:58 pm »
Problem is, writing

Trust me, that's not hard at all.

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 05:18:13 pm »
Besides the valid points Mary already made, I think questing is a nice thing to do when you want to take a break from skilling, pvming and pvping.

I believe there is room for both quests for more experienced players, which grant special access to areas/items as well as quests for the newer players which will teach a lot about Emps.

As Mary mentioned, something like one small favour which guides you through whole Emps-World, possibly combined with tasks like make a gold ring, make a strung bow, ... These could serve as a more interactive ingame tutorial.

Mary

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 05:22:44 pm »
I do agree that we need more quests however I think the problem with adding quests is that the content cannot be repeated. Would you rather a single quest where you get rewarded with 1 item or a new boss added which you can repeat multiple times?

Instead of having one or two new quests I think we should aim towards the daily challenge system similar to what RS has currently, we would have three levels of quests (easy, medium and hard) in which the user would get one of each which rotate on a daily basis with some rewards. The quest cape could be rewarded after the user has completed at least 100-200 or so of these daily quests.

EDIT: The above suggestion would also help making Emps-World slightly more active as it would bring players back on a daily basis just to do these quests (an example could be the hard level requiring you to kill 1-2 bosses which would at least take 1 hour or so to complete)
Soooo you mean dailies like in WoW? :P
I do agree however, I stayed longer on rs just to do the daily task you get everyday, cause they were definately worth doing everyday.

Problem is, writing

Trust me, that's not hard at all.
Ok, you go write a full quest and we'll see if Thomy or Arc can make it ;)

Offline In10ce

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:05:44 pm »
Omg. I would love to write quests. :D

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:10:23 pm »

EDIT: The above suggestion would also help making Emps-World slightly more active as it would bring players back on a daily basis just to do these quests (an example could be the hard level requiring you to kill 1-2 bosses which would at least take 1 hour or so to complete).

I love this suggestion, sounds great.

Offline Lets Pk333

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 09:33:01 am »
would be great to add quests to the game u can add some easy quests hard quests and very hard quests for all lvls so the low lvls could join doing quests too

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 12:44:00 am »
I haven't even completed all the quests that Emps already offers. However, I would love to see some new things like this be implemented so people don't get bored of playing this game.

Despite the time it takes to code them, a selection of fun quests would be a great idea.
Pages: 1